• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scheduled for grading...TWO MONTHS NOW!
4 4

92 posts in this topic

CGC has lost "that loving feeling".  They extended there normal times from (ship-in) time , so called NOT RECEIVED time.

Then to really crush your spirit they extended basic service (business days) from March of 2021  this year.

This was all to make a BETTER SERVICE.   Thanks Black rock and Management . Another dissatisfied customer.

On 8/12/2021 at 8:53 PM, lostboys said:

I messaged one seller asking if his slab had rings or scuffs and he messaged me back...lectured me actually about how rings and scuffs are not defects.

I was under the impression that the slab is supposed to enhance the appearance of the book...  :bigsmile:

My modern and economy submissions were received on 29 June, 2021.  They are still "Scheduled for Grading" even though CGC reports that they are "Now opening comic book submissions delivered the week of July 5th, 2021".  Does this mean that they are opening boxes to make even bigger piles for the backed up graders?  Maybe they should hire more graders than box openers?

On 9/8/2021 at 9:20 AM, The Lions Den said:

I was under the impression that the slab is supposed to enhance the appearance of the book...  :bigsmile:

Thats how I feel about it but.

One seller actually messaged me back with something along the lines of:  "We do not know how to identify Newton Rings."

Another one straight up told me to move on and not to purchase any of their slabs if rings were a worry of mine.

On 8/27/2021 at 2:49 PM, Blue_Bolt said:

So what kind of delays are they having on WK books? I have a copy of Worlds Best 1 I was thinking of sending in.

On 9/6/2021 at 6:32 AM, Sackolantern said:

Walkthrough? Those still get fast turnaround. I'd bet you would have it back, I hand, graded by end of September if you sent it today.

My Walkthrough books were received on July 27 and are still listed as "CCS in process."  (And, yes, they were lodged as walkthrough per the submissions tracker.)

UPDATE: I heard back from CGC to my inquiry.  I had requested screening and possible pressing, so that changed the timeline to 59 days.

Edited by jwsel
Updated information

On 7/26/2021 at 1:53 PM, lostboys said:

So frustrating.

It's like time traveling back to 1980 and ordering sea monkeys or x ray glasses through the mail.

Those you got faster.....I just received 7 cards back from PSA, only took 13 months....

UPDATE: 
Sent 2 packages totalling 4 Express books:
A) 1 books for removal of restoration, CCS press, and grading, and
B) 3 Express books for CCS press and grading.

All books were marked as received July 26th.

The single book A that had restoration removal....is already on its way back.  So July 26 received, remove resto, CCS press....and hand to CGC for grading on 8/31.....
8/31/21    1   EXPRESS  Shipped 9/8/21 -----   it's now a Blue 2.5, and not yet arrived.

but the B) 3 express books.... still "CCS in Process" since 7/26....
Edited by Sackolantern
a link! Removed!!!

January for me - I use a third party - and they always keep me in the loop, so no complaints with my submitter. (thumbsu

Used him for many years. And will for many more I suspect. (worship)

The problem with CGC is lack of infrastructure investment - graders take time - but when you trade them up, at least have the machinery to raise production numbers.

I remember when onsite grading meant hauling the bloody machines to the show and back again.

I hope they have fixed that issue going forwards. CGC make a fortune. Spend a bit. No wonder CBCS is getting a ton of work.

Hell, even the worst grading company on the planet - yes Halo, I am talking about you - are getting heaps more books in.

Am I grumpy - hell yeah. :pullhair:

I've got $60,000 - $70,000 AUD worth of books sitting there, and I'd like them back - and of course USPS have pulled the plug on some international routes, meaning a lot of overseas books will be pilling up. :facepalm:

I sent 10 books in for modern grading, no pressing on 4/21.  On 6/10 they acknowledged the submission and scheduled them for grading.  On 8/9 they charged my credit card.  I got the books back, graded, in early October.  So, that's about 25 weeks, door-to-door.

I shudder to think how long it would have taken with pressing, and the 3rd party people are swamped, too.  It has me considering CBCS again.

I think that the problem is there are only so many qualified people near their place in Florida.  If they want to expand, they are going to have to open satellite offices elsewhere.

Edited by kcm54

Very frustrating indeed!  This was my first experience with CGC.  I had some Walk Throughs & Express which were slow but okay, but I have 30 Modern comics sitting with them - they got them April 13, marked as "received" July 14, and still "Scheduled for Grading" on Oct 28.  Their turnaround time now says "126 working days", so that would be...hmm... Christmas, I guess.  I became optimistic when they said they were hiring to catch up, but no such luck I guess.  

Maybe I just picked the wrong year to start grading comics... o.O

OP here.

Happy to report 1 of my books has been shipped out. It was a cross grading of a 9.8 from that other grading company. Came back a CGC 9.8 so I'm happy bout that.

The other books are still marked as "received by CCS". So...almost 7 months now. I've managed to stay alive and out of prison so there's that.

On 10/29/2021 at 1:58 PM, rexinnih said:

Congrats on any movement. My two longest currently:

2 submissions "Received at CCS" since April and 1 submission SFG since June

I also have a submission that's been SFG since June  :/  

Same here got there in June, scheduled for grading 7/26/21 - then nothing.

On 8/20/2021 at 2:12 AM, lostboys said:

Okay so the package that was delivered to CGC In mid June has just been opened and sent for pressing.

Meanwhile the book this thread was started for is STILL scheduled for grading.

3 months and counting.