• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scheduled for grading...TWO MONTHS NOW!
4 4

92 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2021 at 7:54 AM, Majic said:

CGC has lost "that loving feeling".  They extended there normal times from (ship-in) time , so called NOT RECEIVED time.

Then to really crush your spirit they extended basic service (business days) from March of 2021  this year.

This was all to make a BETTER SERVICE.   Thanks Black rock and Management . Another dissatisfied customer.

Black Rock owns more of the world than anyone else. They could not care less about your dissatisfsction. They will get richer off you one way or another.

On 11/20/2021 at 1:10 AM, William-James88 said:

Black Rock owns more of the world than anyone else. They could not care less about your dissatisfaction. They will get richer off you one way or another.

That is unfortunately true. All customers can do is suck it up and wait. This seems to affect sellers and flippers more than everyone else. Perhaps it is what happens when people make it about money and not the joy of collecting.

Perhaps it is time for collectors and sellers alike to go back to selling raw product. Remember what it felt like to be taken advantage of and hosed when they got their subs returned to them (finally) only to see a slipshod effort. Remember that when you go to sell your "wares" and perhaps it will help you to be honest in your OWN dealings with a potential customer.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:17 PM, Clurican614 said:

My books were received 3rd week of July, finally opened and scheduled for grading 9/16.. it's 12/3 and still scheduled.. I understand that they are backed up, but 6 months is a long time to wait

I have submissions that are now there 8 months.  Although if it slows down speculators and flippers I'm good with that, as soon as a good amount of them exit the hobby the better it will be for collectors.

I will say that the last 12-18 months CGC has been high on the hog but these things are cyclical. When (not if) the worm turns do remember how you were treated be it positive or negative. 

Random Rant: Amazing Spider-Man 361 is not a good investment!

Edited by MAR1979

On 7/30/2021 at 10:48 PM, PINWHEEL said:

I may win this one.  Magazine submission sent for pressing/grading received by CGC 12/7/2020 just this week finally updated to received by CCS.  I expect to have them back sometime in 2022, maybe.

Update, a year after being received, I'm told they should be graded the 3rd week of January.  

I think things are turning the corner at CGC, so hopefully everyone is getting some/all of their long-awaited submissions.  In the past 6 weeks, we have had 13 orders ship, 325 comics.  That was after a 4 month period with zero shipments, 24 orders in the pipeline ahead of the drought.  No pressing though, so that helped.

Love to see FedEx bringing those big CGC battleships to the door, glad things seem to be moving again.

On 10/29/2021 at 12:01 AM, lostboys said:

OP here.

Happy to report 1 of my books has been shipped out. It was a cross grading of a 9.8 from that other grading company. Came back a CGC 9.8 so I'm happy bout that.

The other books are still marked as "received by CCS". So...almost 7 months now. I've managed to stay alive and out of prison so there's that.

Any update on those “received by CCS” books? Just curious … sent 4 modern tier via my LCS for CCS and grading; he shipped approx mid-April 2021 and they were still status “receive by CCS” as of yesterday. Just trying to get a sense of that backlog.

My three Mod books were shipped on December 30. It was 89 days since they receive my books. 40 days early than the estimated turnaround.

Next tier will be my Economy four books that may be done this month or next month. 

i have 5 Value books. All Value, Economy and Modern books were received on same day on July 28, 2021. Two months later, all books were recorded in their system on August 21.

Also I have two books are currently at CCS since October 21. They told me that my both books were passed the prescreen and are currently on queue for pressing and restoration removal. Once both books are pressed and unrestored, both will go straight to the grading department. They estimated my books will be shipped this summer (they guess it will be August). The status says “Received at CCS”.

I think their process has steadily picked up the pace but not on Value and CCS.

In a shocking twist, I had an order (modern 25 book prescreen) that showed received on 12/20/2021 that just shipped.  The status never changed from Scheduled for Grading, just straight to shipped.  The bad news, I did horrible on the books.  Either my eyes are slipping or things are getting super tight in the grading room.  I didn't fast track either.  In and out in about two weeks, meanwhile I have other modern packages that have been there for months.  Maybe this one just snuck through and cut in line?

On 1/1/2022 at 11:07 AM, Readcomix said:

Any update on those “received by CCS” books? Just curious … sent 4 modern tier via my LCS for CCS and grading; he shipped approx mid-April 2021 and they were still status “receive by CCS” as of yesterday. Just trying to get a sense of that backlog.

Still "received"...

On 12/4/2021 at 10:56 AM, MAR1979 said:

Random Rant: Amazing Spider-Man 361 is not a good investment!

Wow, you can say that again. I sent it to CGC and by the time it has gone and come back, the price fell on the market (362 tanked even more). Good thing this was for my personal collection and I had bought the book years ago. 

On 1/5/2022 at 8:05 PM, PINWHEEL said:

In a shocking twist, I had an order (modern 25 book prescreen) that showed received on 12/20/2021 that just shipped.  The status never changed from Scheduled for Grading, just straight to shipped.  The bad news, I did horrible on the books.  Either my eyes are slipping or things are getting super tight in the grading room.  I didn't fast track either.  In and out in about two weeks, meanwhile I have other modern packages that have been there for months.  Maybe this one just snuck through and cut in line?

It's part of their new rapid grading technique they have been implementing to a select few orders. So far the results have been like you say, quicker but stricter.

On 1/5/2022 at 8:05 PM, PINWHEEL said:

Grading is very tight. 

On 1/6/2022 at 11:17 AM, lostboys said:

Grading isnt all that tight. I just returned a 9.8 to a seller on ebay ...book had an obvious color break on the spine. The book was graded in Dec.

Thank you for sharing your experience.