• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Bfairb for the probation/HOS lists
4 4

41 posts in this topic

This is my first nomination so I hope this is all done correctly. I hate doing this...really do.  One thing I will mention is that this transaction took place over the past 48 hours and it isn't 30 days, but the seller has indicated the transaction has been refunded and the transaction is closed period the end. So I ask "why wait and drag it out 30 days"? I surely will if that is what is expected for a proper nomination.

Messages copied and pasted. Nothing has been edited. The book in question and my take are shown below as well for reference.

On 7/24/2021 at 2:24 AM, Bfairb said:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #16. WHITE PAGES

$3,500

AA8DBF89-FB6F-433E-B3C1-3FE80EEDEAF3.jpeg

E87F8AC1-8C77-47BF-BA76-DA7DF742FD69.jpeg

149E02E8-7AFD-43DE-92D0-31803C94C310.jpeg

9B365873-8BA5-42FF-AAF2-4E3E5E25E1EF.jpeg

1B57E843-584F-4449-BB6B-C1658522635B.jpeg

427A3956-7E7F-4E4C-908A-F74510299BDB.jpeg

Lots of hoopla going on here, but I will take this one ! :bigsmile:

***I paid that evening after asking for his paypal info. He was super cordial and appreciative of the buy. I was told book would ship the following day and to expect tracking info.

The next day 7/25 (yesterday) when the book was supposed to ship...I was messaged with a tracking number...all good so far (or so I thought).

A short time after that, a second message from paypal appears and it says I have been refunded. At this time I send the OP a message as seen below. Our exchange follows.

from JBPEZ to seller...

Good evening. I believe we have a bit of an issue and it could use some clarification. I just want to lay out the specifics to make sure we are on the same page.

I bought a book from your thread yesterday at asking price with "a take" in your sales thread. We both confirmed and you sent paypal info over and I paid a few hours later. You told me to expect shipping information that evening...it did come this am to me via an email from paypal...thanks for that! Now I just received a different notice from paypal that I am being refunded my purchase price. I am quite confused as we spoke a few times and everything was on track for the book to be shipping out today. 

Please advise. I still do want the book yet I am unsure if it is indeed coming or if I am being refunded?

Regards,

Jeff

reply:

Bfairb to me

Hi, sorry but I have decide to keep the book.  I have already refunded you.  I have no future plans to sell anything or interact on-the boards 

Sorry for the inconvenience and any disappointment.

Best

Brian 

my reply back this am: 

Hi Brian. Okay, so you have decided to now keep the book. I did receive the paypal refund-it is pending in my account. I am indeed certainly disappointed as it is a book I was really excited for. I now have a moral obligation to fellow board members to formally nominate you for the probation/hall of shame list on the "cgc boards". The decision to renege on an agreed upon deal makes you an ideal candidate for the list. The list exists for an important reason; so this exact situation doesn't occur with anyone else in the future. I just wanted to make you aware of my intentions. It truly is a shame this deal didn't work out.

Regards,

Jeff

Bfairb reply back to me.

Sounds good.

And that is it in a nutshell! 

austin nutshell.jpg

Oh, man, I looked at that book as well.  I'm sure "seller's remorse" is a thing, but it usually happens sometime well after the sale.

Can't have that kind of behavior on the Boards.  Regardless of whether a nomination is "ripe" at this time,  appreciate your spreading the word.

Man, we've been on a good streak without a new nomination for months after seemingly having one every other week. 

From the messages Bfairb knew this was coming and seemingly accepted his fate. 

It's a no brainer for me. 

@jbpez is a class act and I'm sorry to see stuff like this happen to one of the people who makes the boards a special place to buy and sell comics.

I don't understand the timing here? He JUST had the sale, THEN decided now was the time to keep everything. I know seller's remorse happens, but your commitment to your customer supercedes all else. Otherwise IMO, you're not just a bad seller, you're a bad person, and I couldn't live like that. I want a clear conscience more than I want a comic book. 

Brian, think about what you are doing here. Really think about it, please. Consider it, them reconsider it, then again some more. You don't want this kind of reputation following you. It'll always track you down somehow in life, and you don't want that. Go for clean living and do the right thing here. 

@jbpez if I understood the timeline on your message exchanges with @Bfairb the 72 hour clock which follows a notice of nomination would have run out sometime this morning. If by tomorrow morning there is no further update or progress on settling this than I will add Bfairb to the PL. I cannot speculate on why this happened, but it is hard to understand and really regrettable. 

After checking Bfairb's sales thread I see there was a disagreement over who got a book and I suspect that disagreement led to this.  Seems like a shame as I believe Bfairb has always been a solid board member.  Ultimately he did refuse to honor his sales and jbpez is right in nominating Bfairb.  

I would like to 2nd the nomination for "Bfairb" for his introduction into the Hall of Shame/Probation list.

On 7/23/21 Bfairb posted a book for sale around 11p-12a PST.

I claimed that book in his thread around 5am PST, about 5-6 hours later.

Bfairb then said the book was claimed overnight thru PM but no one posted a "claim" on the thread.

The rules that Bfairb posted on his own thread stated that :takeit:in the thread trumps any PM negotiation.

I didnt see any "Claim" on the thread so I was confused. 

I requested clarification just to see what happened.

Bfairb said he felt bad because he went against his own rules so he refunded the original buyer and then went on to say in the thread that he offered to sell the book to me.

I then claimed the book in the thread.

Since that post I made about claiming the book, I havent heard anything from bfairb at all.

Its been about a week now and I dont anticipate being able to purchase the book.

He has clearly exposed himself as a dishonest and unethical seller.

SUMMARY:

Bfairb realized he could make a few extra bucks from selling the book elsewhere so he refunded the original buyer and then pretended to offer the book to me as a ploy to try and make it look like he is a decent seller.

He has now "conveniently" disappeared from the boards and has not answered my requests at all.

The misconduct is clear as day.

If I am doing this wrong please let me know and I will make the proper adjustments.

I've been on the boards a decent amount of time and this is the first time I have dealt with someone unethical so let me know if this is the way to address the issues.

99% of the transactions I made on the boards have been excellent

On 7/31/2021 at 2:51 AM, TheBook said:

I would like to 2nd the nomination for "Bfairb" for his introduction into the Hall of Shame/Probation list.

On 7/23/21 Bfairb posted a book for sale around 11p-12a PST.

I claimed that book in his thread around 5am PST, about 5-6 hours later.

Bfairb then said the book was claimed overnight thru PM but no one posted a "claim" on the thread.

The rules that Bfairb posted on his own thread stated that :takeit:in the thread trumps any PM negotiation.

I didnt see any "Claim" on the thread so I was confused. 

I requested clarification just to see what happened.

Bfairb said he felt bad because he went against his own rules so he refunded the original buyer and then went on to say in the thread that he offered to sell the book to me.

I then claimed the book in the thread.

Since that post I made about claiming the book, I havent heard anything from bfairb at all.

Its been about a week now and I dont anticipate being able to purchase the book.

He has clearly exposed himself as a dishonest and unethical seller.

SUMMARY:

Bfairb realized he could make a few extra bucks from selling the book elsewhere so he refunded the original buyer and then pretended to offer the book to me as a ploy to try and make it look like he is a decent seller.

He has now "conveniently" disappeared from the boards and has not answered my requests at all.

The misconduct is clear as day.

If I am doing this wrong please let me know and I will make the proper adjustments.

I've been on the boards a decent amount of time and this is the first time I have dealt with someone unethical so let me know if this is the way to address the issues.

99% of the transactions I made on the boards have been excellent

Do you have proof Bfairb realized he could sell it for more elsewhere or is this just speculation?

On 7/31/2021 at 3:51 AM, TheBook said:

It appears he's just choosing to ignore the situation, since he continues to visit the forums.

Bfairb.thumb.jpg.bb3610e9346fc579d05eea8699da247b.jpg

For the record, I just wanted to post it here since we are now past 72 hours since I made my nomination intentions clear to OP and he hasn't reached out. Thank you.

Edited by jbpez

On 8/1/2021 at 12:02 PM, jbpez said:

For the record, I just wanted to post it here since we are now past 72 hours since I made my nomination intentions clear to OP and he hasn't reached out. Thank you.

Ok thanks for the update, I will add him to the list this evening.