• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cable #70 sig???

3 posts in this topic

I don't say this to condescend, but I think it can be a teaching moment generally for anyone else might check out this post or this subforum.  But if I see a book and I can't tell who signed it, this is what I do:

0.  Look on ebay for a CGC SS copy of the book.  If that doesn't yield results....

1.  Go to a website like comicbookdb (or equivalent) or mycomicshop and look up the writers/artists on the book.

2.  Go to ebay and see (run a search) if there are any signatures (preferably CGC SS) of those writers/artists on books that are for sale or have sold.  

2a.  If I can't find any on ebay i look (run a search) at other comic or sales websites or the internet at large.

3.  Try to match the known signatures from ebay (or wherever) to the unknown book I have.

4.  If I can't find a match, consider editors/actors.

5.  If I still can't find a match, ask on the CGC Signature subforum.

This book is Cable 70, I looked up the title on Mycomicshop, I ran a search for "Joe Casey Signature" on ebay, found a CGC SS copy of the SAME ISSUE OF BOOK which was signed by the writer of the book, Joe Casey.

On 7/27/2021 at 6:32 PM, revat said:

I don't say this to condescend, but I think it can be a teaching moment generally for anyone else might check out this post or this subforum.  But if I see a book and I can't tell who signed it, this is what I do:

0.  Look on ebay for a CGC SS copy of the book.  If that doesn't yield results....

1.  Go to a website like comicbookdb (or equivalent) or mycomicshop and look up the writers/artists on the book.

2.  Go to ebay and see (run a search) if there are any signatures (preferably CGC SS) of those writers/artists on books that are for sale or have sold.  

2a.  If I can't find any on ebay i look (run a search) at other comic or sales websites or the internet at large.

3.  Try to match the known signatures from ebay (or wherever) to the unknown book I have.

4.  If I can't find a match, consider editors/actors.

5.  If I still can't find a match, ask on the CGC Signature subforum.

This book is Cable 70, I looked up the title on Mycomicshop, I ran a search for "Joe Casey Signature" on ebay, found a CGC SS copy of the SAME ISSUE OF BOOK which was signed by the writer of the book, Joe Casey.

Ah .....another teaching moment response. Lol. Just kidding. 

I actually determined the sig to be Joe Casey within 5 minutes of research, but I think some people like the challenge of identifying a signature, and I also think it's good to double check my work.

I do appreciate your detail on how to research. I think that could help some people. But even though you may not have meant it this way, your response could be taken by some as "Stop bothering us and figure it out yourself". Kind of ruins the fun. It's like telling every OP in the "Can you spare a grade" forum how to grade so they stop posting. 

Again, just trying to have fun. 🍻