• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New status description
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Today, I noticed that a new status description has been added evidently for more transparency in the submission process.  "Received at CCS" is showing on each outstanding invoice that I have.  Two books submitted in December for the Geoff Johns signing.  Books submitted in June for the Simonson signing, the Silvestri signing, and the Bagley signing.  And now books submitted in July for the Jim Lee and Art Adams signings.  I have always understood that CCS received the books after the signing event.  Should I be concerned about the July books in particular seemingly already at CCS, before the signing, since the deadline for those submissions is July 30th?  Or does it seem like some sort of umbrella description to cover the first receipt of the books at CGC?  Thanks in advance for any insight provided. 

On 7/28/2021 at 7:00 PM, Ferretboy said:

Today, I noticed that a new status description has been added evidently for more transparency in the submission process.  "Received at CCS" is showing on each outstanding invoice that I have.  Two books submitted in December for the Geoff Johns signing.  Books submitted in June for the Simonson signing, the Silvestri signing, and the Bagley signing.  And now books submitted in July for the Jim Lee and Art Adams signings.  I have always understood that CCS received the books after the signing event.  Should I be concerned about the July books in particular seemingly already at CCS, before the signing, since the deadline for those submissions is July 30th?  Or does it seem like some sort of umbrella description to cover the first receipt of the books at CGC?  Thanks in advance for any insight provided. 

This is an umbrella description, much like books that say “scheduled for grading” that have not been signed that are not being pressed. 

I got the same update for my Olsen/Betanny book that was received in May as well as my Jim Lee Sketch that was received a few weeks ago.  I thought it was strange for the Jim Lee submission to already be at CCS before the submission deadline but ultimately interpreted it as "Just keep waiting and it will get to you when it gets to you".

I still haven't seen my Jim Starlin books show up in their system even though they were delivered in between my Olsen/Betanny submission and the Jim Lee submission.

Just chiming in that I noticed my orders entered this state as well.

None are signature series, but they were originally marked as received back in April and I elected for pressing for them. I'm happy since this suggests they are aware of and working to address the transparency gaps.