• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Couple 9.8's, some silver age Amazing Spider-Man, a few miscellaneous moderns... CLOSED!
7 7

148 posts in this topic

Alright, I'm going to stop here for tonight. I thought I had scans of all these but I guess I don't. Have no idea what is up with my memory lately

EvenSmoothBluetickcoonhound-size_restric

Anyway, scans of the above available by request. I'll try and get around to replacing them all with scans this weekend but no promises. There's a local con tomorrow and I am tempted to go. Trying to track down the last couple issues I'm missing from my ASM V1 run... while I'm thinking about it I'm also interested in trades for any of the issues I'm missing which are: 1-3, 5, 6, 8-10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 50, 66, 129. So close.

Couple things coming up in the next run of books: 1st Calypso, 1st Madame Web, might have a 252 kicking around somewhere need to look around for that, 1st Rose, 1st Black Fox*, 1st Puma, 1st BOMBASTIC BAGMAN, 1st Silver Sable... probably won't post again until Monday or Tuesday but I'll give some notice before I get going. Thanks y'all!

On 8/7/2021 at 2:20 AM, BoogieWoogie said:

We'll do another LATE NIGHT SPECIAL with ASM 136 :devil:

I got scammed with this book y'all. The seller did not disclose that it was missing half of the double page splash which of course does contain story elements. What a punk. Oh well, my fault for failing to thumb through it when I got it. But also the seller's fault, come on, that's super not cool :censored:

Free to anyone that makes a claim before 8 AM CT. Can't claim multiple freebies FYI, wanna spread the love a bit if I can

845663792_1-lHnpaId.thumb.jpg.adbb46344878b9d9fb1a0d3fb920eaf6.jpg

1548606247_2-Y4Zxkq2.thumb.jpg.fa58994405f8f9df9993ce172558089a.jpg

6KEy5hZ.thumb.jpg.5c4a7030c730cded111536203c91bfb9.jpg

The left page should be the other half of this really really great centerfold by the massively underrated legen ROSS ANDRU

I will claim it and add to my pile. 

On 8/6/2021 at 10:51 PM, BoogieWoogie said:

My scanner hates me and I hate it back. But let's not dwell on that. This issue contains the first full appearance of Mary Jane Watson, the one for Peter. Eff you Quesada!

$50. Some tape restoration in the lower left corner.

821841315_2-myghsnV.thumb.jpg.271e1c900385acf35592921c23be7857.jpg

677189479_1-ghto2M6.thumb.jpg.2da63a07491678243f79669ade6a7b52.jpg

LATE NIGHT SPECIAL: Take 8 dollars off if you claim before 8 AM CT, basically free shipping :devil:

:takeit:

On 8/7/2021 at 11:45 AM, HighRadArt said:

:takeit:

I meant to remove the LATE NIGHT SPECIAL pricing this morning but since I didn't I will of course honor that price. Thank you for your take!

I'll be posting some more books tomorrow evening. I scrounged up a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #8 today - PGM thread otw for all of the experts on the board btw :x - so I'm going to sift through some of my keys that I'm less attached to and give some of them up.

I am thinking I'll post around 5 PM CT and send invoices out around 8 PM CT and packages will start getting in the mail on Monday. Some of these books I was going to get graded but I'll let them go as raws... I know I'll have a Transformers #1 coming... a handful of X-Men issues from the first 30 issues... a few Spidey keys that I always pick up duplicates of (Madame Webb, Calypso, Silver Sable, Spider-Carnage, 430/431)... will need to dig through my boxes and see what looks appetizing. Think I'll also finally start getting to some of the modern keys like Ms Marvel #1, Moon Knight #1, some others... thank you everyone for your time! :foryou:

Alright gang, my apologies but invoices are otw out and I'm going to wait to post new books until tomorrow. 6 PM CT. I am going to scan them tonight after I get the invoices out. Couple Marvel SA/bronze keys. Couple bronze/copper Spidey keys. Sorry about the delay but I went through alllll of my unsorted boxes and I think I dug up some decent keys for tomorrow at least (:

Now to get to these invoices and to get to fighting with my scanner :ohnoez:

Starting off kinda on time tonight. Kinda. But first I'm going to let my dog out. She has been waiting so patiently these last ten minutes. :insane:

We'll start with some SA/BA Marvel stuff then some modern Marvels and maybe some modern miscellaneous stuff to round it out. Back in less than 5...

Sorry if that took a minute longer than I thought. Found an apple fritter in the kitchen :x

In the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man #75 your friend and mine BEN REILLY will once again helm the Amazing Spider-Man title. I don't know about y'all but since the announcement I have grown more and more excited about this change for a few reasons - chief among them is that Nick Spencer is being removed from the book. Spencer's run wasn't the worst ASM run ever or anything but NOTHING important happened in all 74 issues. JFC. Marvel seems very committed to not letting Peter's life change. Maybe they'll let stuff happen to Ben that actually matters going forward. Probably not. Well I hope we at least get some new villains, I've been tired of Kindred for a while.

Anyway

ASM 149 - 1st Ben Reilly. Origin and "death" of the Jackal. Wish they'd kill Jackal off for good honestly. $30

1625262034_2-p34PgrW.thumb.jpg.4d76f4be3a2935d7ea22b0749cffe3ba.jpg

881125580_1ZdmTC8-Imgur.thumb.jpg.324cd0fd6ae0175e359ddb460e679f60.jpg