• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this art by an amateur or someone “known”?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I will go out on a limb and say skilled amateur. The lattice-work is not the sort of background I would expect to see in the work of a pro because of the type of detail it requires, and if you look closely, it has some errors where it intersects MJ. I also agree that the Spider-man in the back is awkward.

On 8/2/2021 at 5:24 AM, Rick2you2 said:

I will go out on a limb and say skilled amateur. The lattice-work is not the sort of background I would expect to see in the work of a pro because of the type of detail it requires, and if you look closely, it has some errors where it intersects MJ. I also agree that the Spider-man in the back is awkward.

and proportions. The MJ isn't very well drawn in my opinion.

Could be a known amateur (thumbsu

On 9/23/2021 at 7:36 PM, s-man said:

Could be a known amateur (thumbsu

With a lot of potential.  When the artist gets as comfortable at drawing figures and drapery as they clearly are at drawing facial features and hair (the hat's really good,too) they'll turn out some pretty slick work.

Behind this drawing, I envision lots and lots of sketch pages of mostly heads and faces with not a lot of emphasis on figure drawing or drapery.  Which is a great start.  (worship)

-just my opinion, i could be wrong.

Edited by Unca Ben