• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So CGC SS is going to accept a COA for the Todd McFarlane King of Spawn #1
1 1

91 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2021 at 8:00 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
On 9/21/2021 at 7:37 PM, thesink said:

Either QA/QC failed or the SS program failed.

:gossip: Probably all of them.. 

I did think to say that you can still "request a blue label" and take a hit in grade, but idk

On 9/22/2021 at 10:11 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
On 9/22/2021 at 4:31 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I did think to say that you can still "request a blue label" and take a hit in grade, but idk

Another possibility.  

Although the blue labels are still 9.8, so I'm not sure how much "it knocked the grade", if so. A possibility though :wishluck: 

On 9/22/2021 at 10:12 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Although the blue labels are still 9.8, so I'm not sure how much "it knocked the grade", if so. A possibility though :wishluck: 

That would have been the one 10, but now a lowly Universal 9.8..:banana:

On 9/22/2021 at 10:20 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

That would have been the one 10, but now a lowly Universal 9.8..:banana:

You mean there would have been 13 10's that got knocked to be lowly 9.8's. We all know what probably happened is they mislabeled the slabs as Universal when they are SS, I've had a handful myself that have come back this way. This doesn't forgive the problem as a Universal copy of this book should raise an alarm in the CGC system, especially this close to the signing, but I guess that's asking too much. 

On 9/22/2021 at 1:24 PM, thesink said:

You mean there would have been 13 10's that got knocked to be lowly 9.8's. We all know what probably happened is they mislabeled the slabs as Universal when they are SS, I've had a handful myself that have come back this way. This doesn't forgive the problem as a Universal copy of this book should raise an alarm in the CGC system, especially this close to the signing, but I guess that's asking too much. 

yes lol more than likely, one could hope for a difference and or change :wishluck: 

I emailed CGC about these 19 Universal books and here was the response. 

Good morning,

Thank you for the information.  Unfortunately, we can't update the census without making a correction to the specific labels so any book that might have been given the wrong label would need to be sent back for correction.  If you have one that was mislabeled, please let us know and we can send you instructions on how to send it back.

Thank you!

Unfulfilling 

If you look at the original marketing of the book and even the recent Todd Mcfarlane video where he signs replacement copies and brings out a box of unsigned copies saying they will all be destroyed once he makes sure everyone gets their copy...

It makes zero sense for there to be unsigned copies on the CGC census, but here we are.

Remember, it was unsigned copies of the Walking Dead #100 skybound Kirkman signed book that made CGC stop accepting that book the last time CGC did this same program so it makes zero sense for CGC to have graded unsigned copies.

Its going to be interesting to see how this plays out with the next 1:250 spawn book.

I mean in theory one should/could probably notify Todd and his people that someone has ruined his (and Image’s) personal credibility by letting these unsigned books out despite whatever he allegedly agreed to.  He’s the one who made the bold claim that now makes him look like a huge liar.   
I mean in theory Cgc know who has the books, they could reach out to those people to see if an error was made.