• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EXPENDABLES 4 starring every action hero you ever watched (9/22/23)

44 posts in this topic

The upcoming installment of The Expendables franchise has a new ring to it.

Sylvester Stallone teased the sequel by posting on Instagram two days ago a photo of a golden skull ring with purple stone eyes – assumed to be his character’s new lucky ring. He wrote, “Just finished the designing the new ring for EXPENDABLE 4 It’s a little heavy, but it’ll definitely put some muscles on your fingertips.

The fourth chapter is not confirmed to have a --script or director as of yet, though one can assume Stallone is reprising his role with his bling.

Expendables01.PNG.819a078f740179ce955bf118e9df4816.PNG

Edited by Bosco685

Action stars never say die, they just reload.

Lionsgate and Millennium Media are bringing back their gun-toting, testosterone-throbbing action franchise The Expendables for another go-around.

Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture and Sylvester Stallone, who have appeared in the previous three installments, are set to reprise their roles for what will be the fourth movie.

Joining the quartet are Curtis “50” Jackson, Megan Fox and Tony Jaa for a feature to be directed by stuntman-turned-helmer Scott Waugh (Need for Speed), with production to begin October.

Maybe somebody EXPENDABLE will actually die this time around :P   (Seriously, that was my main issue with series. They really had a great opportunity to kill off people often to much surprise, only to replace them on the team with other actors in the next movie, and they squandered it. I wanted to go into these movies making bets on which action stars would die)

In a recent Instagram post, Sylvester Stallone shared a video recorded by a young woman (likely his daughter, who is also in London) that saw the action star seated at a posh London restaurant with a manuscript in hand. The actor is asked what he's doing, to which he replies that he's working on a scene with Jason Statham for The Expendables 4, that they'll be shooting the next day and that they "gotta get it right." Stallone's dining companion reminds him that they're "kinda in the middle of dinner" to which Stallone says that he'll eat his words and she can eat some bread. It's a funny exchange and it shows that Stallone isn't one to take a break, even for dinner, when he's shooting a film.

Sylvester Stallone and Jason Statham will have a serious foe on their hands as Deadline has reported that Iko Uwais has joined the cast of The Expendables 4 as the villain.

Best known for kicking all sorts of in The Raid and The Raid 2, Iko Uwais was most recently seen playing Hard Master in Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins. Although the plot of The Expendables 4 is still being kept under wraps, it’s said that Iko Uwais will play a “former military officer turned arms dealer with his own private army.” Sounds good, I just hope they don’t waste Uwais’ considerable talents.

In a new interview with Looper, Lundgren talks about being in The Expendables franchise and recounts a long-running prank pulled by Stallone on the set of the first film. The prank began on set for the opening scene of the film, which takes place on a barge that has been hijacked by pirates. Lundgren's Gunner shoots a pirate with a grenade launcher, making a joke afterward, which then prompts more shooting and an end to the pirates' attempted blackmail. But, there was more going on behind the scenes of the sequence, as Stallone had a joke played out all the way to post-production. Lundgren explains:

"On the first one, there is the first scene of the movie. It was great to work with Sly again, because I worked on setting it out in the first scene in the movie. I'm telling this joke that he wrote, of course, and then I show up, and I blow this pirate away. So tell him this joke. And try like four or five takes and Sly is like [goes into a perfectly nuanced Sylvester Stallone impersonation] "Do the joke." Finally, 15 takes. This is driving me crazy. I could kill this guy. Embarrassing. He was like, "OK." Fine. I got over it. And then I show up for ADR — where you do like a little voice replacement. So it's first up, and Sly is like [does impersonation again] "Guess which take?" And it was the first one the whole time."

:nyah:

On 4/25/2022 at 10:39 AM, D84 said:

^^

That's the dumbest movie slogan in history.

"They'll eat when they're eating."
"They'll sleep when they're tired."
"They'll walk when their legs are moving."
"They'll talk when they speak."
"They'll fight when someone punches them."

Lionsgate closed out CinemaCon with a bang.

The studio took over the main stage on Thursday afternoon to present its slate in front of theater owners, presenting a sizzle reel at the top of the show that teased titles John Wick 4, Expendables 4, About My Father, Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret and more. (More on each film to come as the presentation unfolds.)