• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ghost Rider 28 polybagged
2 2

8 posts in this topic

I recently bought one that looks magnificent through the bag. I don't plan on getting it graded and I own a readers copy. I'm just worried about leaving it in that bag for the next couple of decades.

Is it best to leave it in the bag forever?

It's been in there for a loooong time already so probably whatever damage can be done, has already been done...no? 

Thanks.

In my opinion, you'll want to take that out of the bag and properly protect it.  The welded seam on the polybag can cause an indentation, and maybe already has, but it would be better not to leave it that way. 

A pressing might remove the bag-imprinted seam.  If you get it graded at any point, it comes out of the bag for that process anyway.  Might as well do it now.  You can keep the bag with it.  A future buyer might appreciate that it is still there.

On 8/3/2021 at 3:01 AM, Lightning55 said:

In my opinion, you'll want to take that out of the bag and properly protect it.  The welded seam on the polybag can cause an indentation, and maybe already has, but it would be better not to leave it that way. 

A pressing might remove the bag-imprinted seam.  If you get it graded at any point, it comes out of the bag for that process anyway.  Might as well do it now.  You can keep the bag with it.  A future buyer might appreciate that it is still there.

That's what I did with my polybagged comics, if there was something printed on the bag. If the bag is blank, no reason not to throw it away.

On 8/3/2021 at 3:01 AM, Lightning55 said:

So I went to take it out and realized that the poster is actually protecting the back of the book from the seam. That's awesome! I'm gonna leave it sealed.

I did go through my collection and remove all the other bags. Yeah, the seam has left light creases on all the back covers.

I'm glad I removed my Spidey #1 after I bought it. It looks like a 9.6 at least.

What were they thinking when they came up with this idea?...and do they still do this?

On 8/4/2021 at 9:35 AM, lostboys said:

So I went to take it out and realized that the poster is actually protecting the back of the book from the seam. That's awesome! I'm gonna leave it sealed.

I did go through my collection and remove all the other bags. Yeah, the seam has left light creases on all the back covers.

I'm glad I removed my Spidey #1 after I bought it. It looks like a 9.6 at least.

What were they thinking when they came up with this idea?...and do they still do this?

I thought the posted would be offering that protection as well, but I recently popped open a few of these Midnight Sons polybagged books to send in for grading, and they still had an indentation. I'd highly recommend opening them. One possibility to consider is putting the comic in a Modern bag, and then putting that in a Silver bag and board with the poster and the polybag (the reason for the double bag is so the book is no longer touching the polybag, which may have acids that will hurt the book)

On 8/4/2021 at 8:26 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I thought the posted would be offering that protection as well, but I recently popped open a few of these Midnight Sons polybagged books to send in for grading, and they still had an indentation. I'd highly recommend opening them. One possibility to consider is putting the comic in a Modern bag, and then putting that in a Silver bag and board with the poster and the polybag (the reason for the double bag is so the book is no longer touching the polybag, which may have acids that will hurt the book)

This is the same with bags which I've opened.  Generally they aren't as bad as with UF 4 and other bags.  I've noticed that these bags generally result in higher grade books than most. 

On 8/4/2021 at 11:26 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

crappity !

How is that even possible?

I guess if they were boxed tightly in stacks long enough before being racked and sold.

Damn.

Edited by lostboys
Misspelled word

I freed 6 copies of X Force 1 from the bags and the cover colors are so sharp and bright...they look magnificent.

The only one I left bagged has a Deadpool card in it.  I figure the card is more valuable than the book and folks are paying a decent price for sealed w/Deadpool card copies on Ebay.

Edited by lostboys
mispelled word