• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Golden Pete for Probation list
6 6

343 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2021 at 3:19 PM, Golden Pete said:

@AlexH @crassus @Domo Arigato

Alex received package yesterday and it was signed for as well , Thursday the 18th of November . See the tracking info for date and time I posted here and I left out tracking number for privacy. 

0F40A06E-9760-4B64-829E-B2F4990C0391.jpeg

As far as I'm concerned the case is closed and Pete should be removed from the list.

On 11/27/2021 at 12:38 AM, Red84 said:

As far as I'm concerned the case is closed and Pete should be removed from the list.

In principle yes, but I'd be more comfortable hearing from @AlexH to get confirmation that they have not only arrived but arrived safely and in the number anticipated. 

On 11/26/2021 at 4:48 PM, JollyComics said:

Probably, he reappeared out of Bermuda Triangle.

You will be encouraged to know that the US gov is finally starting up (again) a special group to investigate UFO sightings...so we may get to the bottom of this and other PL disappearances... :wishluck:

On 11/27/2021 at 8:00 AM, crassus said:

You will be encouraged to know that the US gov is finally starting up (again) a special group to investigate UFO sightings...so we may get to the bottom of this and other PL disappearances... :wishluck:

Spoiler

B|  Cool stuffs.

On 11/27/2021 at 5:40 AM, crassus said:

In principle yes, but I'd be more comfortable hearing from @AlexH to get confirmation that they have not only arrived but arrived safely and in the number anticipated. 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful thanksgiving holiday weekend!

The good news is that I documented everything so there is 1000% no funny business on my end. @AlexH Alex was sent a pm on November the 12th with an image of the box on the scale at the ship facility so he has the digital read out of the exact weight on the box as well; so that should be helpful as well.  

The tracking and signee info for the package (delivered November 18th) can be confirmed via online. However, I just received a hard mail (snail mail) confirmation from the shipping company with the copy of the signature of the signee for the package.

Also, below is my last pm to Alex on Tuesday, November 23rd (Alex got the tracking history in it's entirety in the pm, but I left out most of the tracking numbers for privacy and also did not include here the actual tracking history for privacy as well)

Hi Alex,

Item was delivered to you almost a week now. I'm assuming we all good now? 

Your shipment 

Delivered On

Thursday, November 18 at 11:11 at Residential

@Golden Pete has provided evidence that he shipped the books back and that they were delivered.  Nearly 2 weeks have passed and @AlexH has not refuted Pete's statement that the books have been returned. As the Probation List is intended to be temporary in order to facilitate transactions, and the transaction has now been completed in accordance with Alex's terms, Pete should be removed from the list. It is unreasonable and against the intent of the List for Pete to remain on the List merely because Alex has not posted. In the event there are unknown shenanigans then Pete can always be added back.

On 12/1/2021 at 6:38 PM, Red84 said:

@Golden Pete has provided evidence that he shipped the books back and that they were delivered.  Nearly 2 weeks have passed and @AlexH has not refuted Pete's statement that the books have been returned. As the Probation List is intended to be temporary in order to facilitate transactions, and the transaction has now been completed in accordance with Alex's terms, Pete should be removed from the list. It is unreasonable and against the intent of the List for Pete to remain on the List merely because Alex has not posted. In the event there are unknown shenanigans then Pete can always be added back.

Fair enough, let me see if I can get ahold of Alex directly, I agree he cannot just be left on the PL indefinitely, the rules do assume that both parties have an obligation to closure...

Well, from the rules, bold text by me:

4) Removal From The PL

a) If the accuser requests the accused be removed form the PL, the accused will be removed.

b) If the accused makes full restitution to the satisfaction of the accuser, the accused will be removed from the PL.

c) If multiple accusers are involved, and full restitution is satisfactorily made to all accusers, the accused will be removed from the PL.

Alex went through a LOT of difficulty and stress with this transaction. I for one would not blame him if he felt unsatisfied and saw no reason to remove GP. I'd also wager that GP has already made it to a number of folks' personal "do not deal with" lists.

On 12/2/2021 at 7:46 AM, Pontoon said:

4) Removal From The PL

a) If the accuser requests the accused be removed form the PL, the accused will be removed.

b) If the accused makes full restitution to the satisfaction of the accuser, the accused will be removed from the PL.

c) If multiple accusers are involved, and full restitution is satisfactorily made to all accusers, the accused will be removed from the PL.

Alex went through a LOT of difficulty and stress with this transaction. I for one would not blame him if he felt unsatisfied and saw no reason to remove GP. I'd also wager that GP has already made it to a number of folks' personal "do not deal with" lists.

Yeah, its a difficult point, but at the same time the PL is not a prison, and the rules assume an active accuser, i.e. "I want my money" or "I want my book" or some form of "you owe me", which by definition assumes the accuser is looking to collect, in this case, having sent a refund we can assume Alex actually wants the books back, and therefore he is obligated to confirm it. "To the satisfaction of the accuser" is a function of the specific accusation, it is not a general state of grievance. 

On 12/2/2021 at 4:46 AM, Pontoon said:

4) Removal From The PL

According to your posted rules #4; the "accused" has satisfied both b & c from #4 and just waiting for "accuser" for part a.

It is safe to say both parties have been through a lot with this transaction.

If other sellers on here do want to not to sell in the future because  1) The "accused / buyer" did not pay for second order because "seller / accuser" never sent a requested invoice in over five months,  2) Buyer paid ultra fast for entire first order (first order $ accounts for about 60% of both first and second order) and still was missing five items/slabs ordered from first order, 3) received items not as described (crack, marks, bugs, etc.), 4) Being accused by seller of receiving an item that was never ordered ; then these sellers can do whatever they want and they don't have to sell to anyone they don't want to.

4) Removal From The PL

b) If the accused makes full restitution to the satisfaction of the accuser, the accused will be removed from the PL.

I think it's safe to say both parties have been through a 

On 12/2/2021 at 5:24 AM, crassus said:

Yeah, its a difficult point, but at the same time the PL is not a prison, and the rules assume an active accuser, i.e. "I want my money" or "I want my book" or some form of "you owe me", which by definition assumes the accuser is looking to collect, in this case, having sent a refund we can assume Alex actually wants the books back, and therefore he is obligated to confirm it. "To the satisfaction of the accuser" is a function of the specific accusation, it is not a general state of grievance. 

It is also safe to assume @alexh wanted the books back because on page 15 of this very thread @AlexH states, "I just want my books back".

After @AlexH confirmed he wanted the books back he was sent the books back when his echeck actually cleared on my end.

On top of the online tracking number confirmation,  the actual hard letter from the shipping company with the signer of package. I also have something else here that I know that @AlexH received the package, but I will leave that part out because I value his privacy and it's better for him to speak on it (first) if chooses to. I have documented everything on my end to ensure there is no funny business here and that the shipping is as smooth as any international shipment can be and I have also sent @AlexH pictures of the box, picture of the box while on the shipping company's scale with weight, etc.

Edited by Golden Pete

On 12/2/2021 at 6:46 AM, Pontoon said:

4) Removal From The PL

The Rules are also not an open invitation to keep a party on the list indefinitely be choosing to not show up on the thread.

Pete has provided proof of shipment and delivery of the returned books. That was all that was requested of him by Alex in order for Alex to be "satisfied".

It has been 2 weeks since the package was delivered according to the evidence.

Whether Pete is on personal do not deal with lists is irrelevant to whether he should remain on the official probation list.

This thread does not disappear if he is removed from the list and is available for all to see.

Keeping Pete on the list at this point is counter to the spirit of the List.

This is in no way an endorsement of Pete's behavior during this transaction.

On 12/2/2021 at 12:21 PM, Golden Pete said:

According to your posted rules #4; the "accused" has satisfied both b & c from #4 and just waiting for "accuser" for part a.

It is safe to say both parties have been through a lot with this transaction.

If other sellers on here do want to not to sell in the future because  1) The "accused / buyer" did not pay for second order because "seller / accuser" never sent a requested invoice in over five months,  2) Buyer paid ultra fast for entire first order (first order $ accounts for about 60% of both first and second order) and still was missing five items/slabs ordered from first order, 3) received items not as described (crack, marks, bugs, etc.), 4) Being accused by seller of receiving an item that was never ordered ; then these sellers can do whatever they want and they don't have to sell to anyone they don't want to.

4) Removal From The PL

b) If the accused makes full restitution to the satisfaction of the accuser, the accused will be removed from the PL.

I think it's safe to say both parties have been through a 

You are not helping.

This is purely a question of the rules and their interpretation at this point.