• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Golden Pete for Probation list
6 6

343 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2021 at 3:48 PM, JollyComics said:

Have you notified him?

He was notified in the first instance by the OP that he was nominated, and doubtless he is aware of this thread. I do not typically send a further PM. 

On 10/27/2021 at 12:54 AM, Pitboss said:

Now we're getting somewhere. :popcorn: @greggy

Post a screenshot of the unread message,might help your case.

@AlexH

The biggest mistake I have made is that I disappeared for a period of time which Alex knows about. I have basically been out since June of this year for family matters. My latest reply which was still a pretty rough message was end of July which I thought I sent to him and luckily it was saved in my email messages and I have included it below in it's entirety. Also, when I wrote this message I told Alex I think I was mistaken about the 15 slabs I thought I received and it was actually 14 (13 ordered plus the freebie he threw in which equals 14 slabs). And looking from his post in August here nominating me for probation he indicates what he still has and it is exactly what I thought; he only sent 14. I originally told him when I received ordered it was 15 because I was one put out the door and checked the order quickly, but in July I came back home fast recounted and counted 14 then I left again. And now fast forward it's October I'm back and I find that I'm on probation. Pretty shocked to find that I'm on probation I must add because the seller has still not sent my other 5 slabs I already paid for.

Sat, Jul 31, 9:31 AM

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

Hi Alex,

I'm back to being able to check my internet and correspondence. I just went through the slabs and I received these originally right before I left for a family emergency so in my haste I believed I had 15 and I quickly took pics for you then I was basically out the door. I'm currently counting 14 (that includes the extra slab that you sent me that I listed below as well), but can you please check my list below of what I received and what you have (as I thought I saw seven soldiers Frankenstein before I left, but I maybe mistaken). I do remember being surprised to see the web of Spiderman from the second order in this batch as I do know this is the only comic I received from second order and I know I didn't see the Marvel age Clive barker as I was looking for that one when the comics first arrived. And I did not receive a Stan lee by mistake and if I did I would let you know as that's not the kind of buyer I'am as I only want what I paid for or what was agreed.

On further inspection of these slabs virtually everyone ( at least 11) has white marks/spots which is quite odd as I have ordered well over 100+ cgc slabs (in addition to the ones I purchased from you and even a handful of cbcs slabs) since May of this year from multiple platforms and dozens of different sellers and I have only found 2 of these with white marks/spots and 1 of them was all over like some of the ones I received from you. I purchased that one from shortboxed and they believe it is some sort of growth along with a combination of scuffing and they are gladly taking care of that one for me and we sent it back to have CGC look at it and re-slab. Out of the 100+ I ordered I did receive a couple with case cracks and a few with plastic debris / broken pieces inside the slab, but just 2 with the white marks/spots.  So I researched this further and some folks on this site and other sites think its its mold or some type of growth and depending on the type of white marks some people say it's scuffing that occurs when cgc sonically seals the cases. I think in this case it could be both or a combination of these. I just saw this and I appreciate the fact that you started a thread asking people what they think and I think most in the thread thinks a type of scuffing from cgc. If it is scuffing from when cgc slabbed the cases then when you received them originally this same type of scuffing should have been there as well unless some how the inner wells are getting scuffed over time inside the cases? I checked most of these and the inner wells seem pretty tight and not moving around inside the slab unlike thicker books which will be loose sometimes. When you received these originally did you notice the white marks/spots? And when I say white mark/spots (as seen in the original pics I sent you) I'm not counting or including newton rings.  I honestly don't mind newton rings because unless they are all over the comics to a point where it covers the  case or detracts away from the presentation of the comic/case then I don't care as I do with white marks/spots and even white scuffing. And if cases/comics do have these issues they should be noted or shown clearly so buyer is made aware of these ailments.

I think that it is most likely a combination of both as you have stated before these were in a storage unit. And  some type of growth could have began there and coincidentally about 9 of these had insect bodies/parts inside the plastic bags (which I emptied out since as old dead bug body/parts no bueno) which happened while they were being stored. And Captain Carrot #2 has bug parts/bodies incased in the plastic on the front cgc label and at the bottom inside of case (as you can see by the original pictures I sent you over a month ago and I taken newer pics showing this and have attached in this message so you can compare the newer pics with older pics), Also, this case on the left side (you have the pic as well) there is some white spotting which looks like some sort of white growth/mold a little different that some of the other white marks/scuffs in the other cases

Out of the 11+ plus with white marks/spots the worst case issues are Captain Carrot #2 (bugs inside the plastic case along with white spots/growth), web of Spiderman #1 has top left out case crack (I have included the pics of this within this message), secret invasion #1 and devils due mix tape have lots of white marks/spots, 

1) Daredevil 190 7.0 $38

2) Justice League #2 9.8 $38

3) Marvel Age 107 7.5 Clive Barker $95

4) Spectacular Spiderman #2 9.6 Ramos Signature $30 RECEIVED

5) Universe #1 9.6 $47    RECEIVED

6) Spawn 18 9.4 $39     RECEIVED

7) Gravel #1 9.8 $29

8) Wolverine #90 9.0 $57 RECEIVED

9) X-men 159 8.0 $59.   RECEIVED

10) Captain Carrot #2 9.0 $58 RECEIVED

11) Daredevil #159 $45 

12) Seven Soldiers Frankstein #1 9.8 $29

13) Wildcats #2 9.8 $29 RECEIVED

14) Ultimate X-Men #24 9.6 $25 RECEIVED

15) Young Indiana jones Chronicles #1 9.4 $65 RECEIVED

16) Secret Invasion #1 9.8 Leonard Kirk $95 RECEIVED

17) Ultimates #5 9.6 $54 RECEIVED

18) Devil's Due Mix Tap #1 SS CGC 9.4 signed and 3X sketched by Tim Seeley, Josh Blaylock and Mike Norton. $75 RECEIVED

Books total $907

Shipping total $20

Total $927

SECOND ORDER

Web of Spiderman #1 9.4 Fingeroth Vess $     175.00 RECEIVED

Hero Initiative: Mike Wieringo #1 $     250.00

Elektra Assassin #7 SS CGC 9.8  $       83.00

Darkstalkers #5 SS CGC 9.4 $       35.00

JLA Classified #10  $       35.00

Decimation: House of M - The Day After #1 $       34.00

Singularity 7 #1  $       44.00

American Wasteland #1 9.4 Andrew Mangum $       63.00

Shipping is on the house as per our agreement. $0.00

Total will be: $719.00

EXTRA BONUS SS SLAB

XIN LEGEND OF THE MONKEY KING #1 

And yes this transaction has been a mess. It is my fault for being away. However, Alex sent 14 comics total (13 ordered and 1 freebie) ; so I'm missing 6 from the 18 ordered. I think I said I was missing 5 from the order, but one of the slabs I received was a web of Spiderman #1 which is on the second order which I have yet to pay for. So technically I missing 6 comics from the 18 I paid for. Alex, also did not have a proper count as he thought originally he sent me a Stan lee slab that I did not order. He also sent me a comic from a second order which was the web of Spiderman #1. 

And I should be nominating Alex H for probation because I'm still missing six comics from the first order which he has mentioned in the list in this thread so it matches exactly what I have received and what I have not and I'm still missing 6 comics from the 18 ordered! 

And yes many when I received were not as described or seen in the images provided which I have indicated in my messages to Alex and I will post all the images I originally sent Alex here

This is pretty disgusting I'm even mentioned on here and Alex knows I should not be on here and I'm only on here because I was gone. How do I get on a probation list when I paid for 18 comics and received 12 comics from that order ( did receive 14 total but 1 is from other order not yet paid for and another was a freebie he threw in so the total count is 14, but from the 18 I paid I got 12).

Hey bud,

This might make your life a bit easier. Here is a list of what you have purchased from me. The ones in orange have been paid for. I do have some still in my possession though. 

Also, please take whatever time you need. I can only imagine what is going on in your life right now. So, please take care of yourself first and foremost. 

And if there are any books you are not happy with, I will gladly refund you. 

On 10/27/2021 at 3:25 AM, Golden Pete said:

This is pretty disgusting I'm even mentioned on here and Alex knows I should not be on here and I'm only on here because I was gone. How do I get on a probation list when I paid for 18 comics and received 12 comics from that order ( did receive 14 total but 1 is from other order not yet paid for and another was a freebie he threw in so the total count is 14, but from the 18 I paid I got 12).

this was explained, he didn't have a box big enough to send the first 18, so he sent 15. But he still wanted to send you the equivalent dollar value of the payment you made, so he included some books from the second order THAT YOU DID NOT PAY FOR AND STILL HAVE NOT PAID FOR WHICH IS WHY YOU ARE ON THE PROBATION LIST.  Had you paid for ALL the books you committed to purchasing, then how they were shipped. in what quantity. and in what order to insure they are not damaged would be a moot point.  You didn't pay, you disappeared for almost 3 months, and you lied about not being online so that you were aware of the situation, because the CGC board tracks your activity. Case closed. 

So my biggest gripe when I received the comics to Alex was that what looked like mold /white marks/scuffs to the inner well. I have found posts which mentioned a lot of these marks/scratches scuffs were on purpose due to the cases being sonically sealed?? Not sure if thats all entirely true, but it looks like these second generation cases were plagued with marks/scratches, but I do believe some of these could possibly mold as Alex had these in a storage unit and the Captain carrot (image supplied #3) looks moldy or some kind of white growth that is expanding which could also be some old insect egg remnants as this case is placed with old bug bodies as you can see in the images provided (images #5, #19 and #21) and not to mention the countless number of bug bodies that were in the cgc bags that I did not picture, but they are the same bugs bodies that you see in the Captain Carrot slab. Also, a crack to web of Spiderman #1 slab (image provided #21). I know too many more tolerant cgc slab collectors out there maybe this is acceptable to you or the norm to you. However, to me especially now that I have purchased more slabs from many other sites this is not the norm and should to be expected especially when you're paying hard earned money and none of this was seen or described in Alex's listings which if you have marks/scratches that are visible you should note it and especially if you have bugs in the slab or bags or cracks ; they should be noted!

alex slab 1.jpeg

alex slab 2.jpeg

alex slab 3.jpeg

alex slab 4.jpeg

alex slab 5.jpeg

alex slab 6.jpeg

alex slab 7.jpeg

alex slab 8.jpeg

alex slab 9.jpeg

alex slab 10.jpeg

alex slab 11.jpeg

alex slab 12.jpeg

alex slab 13.jpeg

alex slab 14.jpeg

alex slab 15.jpeg

alex slab 16.jpeg

alex slab 17.jpeg

alex slab 18.jpeg

alex slab 19.jpeg

alex 20.jpeg

alex slab 21.jpeg

On 10/27/2021 at 1:58 AM, MyNameIsLegion said:

this was explained, he didn't have a box big enough to send the first 18, so he sent 15. But he still wanted to send you the equivalent dollar value of the payment you made, so he included some books from the second order THAT YOU DID NOT PAY FOR AND STILL HAVE NOT PAID FOR WHICH IS WHY YOU ARE ON THE PROBATION LIST.  Had you paid for ALL the books you committed to purchasing, then how they were shipped. in what quantity. and in what order to insure they are not damaged would be a moot point.  You didn't pay, you disappeared for almost 3 months, and you lied about not being online so that you were aware of the situation, because the CGC board tracks your activity. Case closed. 

I did not lie. I was gone and I was around at end of July look at the message, Case closed here? I'm missing six books that I paid for....Good thing cgc forum is not the one who processes payment

He sent 14. The extra slab he sent was something he discussed before sending me an extra one nothing to do with equivalent payment, and one extra slab does =6 missing slabs. I paid for 18 received 12 ordered (1 extra , 1 from other 1 order). Good thing in the real world and not here in cgc forums when you don't receive items you have recourse.

On 10/27/2021 at 4:12 AM, Golden Pete said:

I did not lie. I was gone and I was around at end of July look at the message, Case closed here? I'm missing six books that I paid for....Good thing cgc forum is not the one who processes payment

partial payment, partial order received. Did you get $900 worth of books you paid for? Yes.  Did you pay for all the books you ordered? No.  And quite frankly the notion that you didn't have internet access for 3 months on planet earth in 2021 is pretty hard to actually believe unless you were in a coma.

On 10/27/2021 at 2:20 AM, MyNameIsLegion said:

partial payment, partial order received. Did you get $900 worth of books you paid for? Yes.  Did you pay for all the books you ordered? No.  And quite frankly the notion that you didn't have internet access for 3 months on planet earth in 2021 is pretty hard to actually believe unless you were in a coma.

For one I'm not on a debate with you. And in reality bad transactions takes the back burner when one has real life issues to deal with so don't even go there!

On 8/3/2021 at 8:03 AM, KCOComics said:

Sorry this happened Alex. 

Hopefully Pete will weigh in and send you the money to clear this up.

The transactions and accounting is pretty complicated and in the future it may be best not to send any books until everything is paid in full. 

Also, if Pete has the missing book, I would hope he would step up and send it back. 

For what it's worth, I bought 3 bigger books in that thread.  Alex was awesome to work with. Great communication, he was flexible and the books were 100% as described. The white marks shown in the thread appear to be scuff marks and not mold of any kind.  

KCOcomics, I do not have the missing book and have no need for a book that I did not pay for. If I had the book I would have mentioned that to Alex.

On 8/5/2021 at 4:40 AM, mattn792 said:

I hope that Peter will make things right.  I did a big a firesale deal with him a few months back, and I know he can be picky in terms of slab condition as I wound up flipping him a couple bucks back to cover two re-holders.  But overall, our transaction went really well. 

EDIT: Let me add one more positive too -- I slightly mis-addressed the shipping label when I sent my books; Peter flagged this when I sent him a photo of the shipping label for tracking purposes.  Entirely my fault as I had read the shipping address wrong.  I was able to get in touch with Peter's local PO, explain my mistake, and they took care of it so that the books were delivered successfully.  But had Peter wanted to be devious about it, he could've played the "nope, never arrived card", and we could've wound up in a urinating competition.  But there was no hint of any deviousness like that.

Disappearing in the midst of a transaction, with the cloud of the possibly mis-sent book hanging over it no less, is a totally different matter though. @Golden Pete - don't soil your reputation like this.

Matt,

Thank you for weighing in and as the transaction went great with you, thank you. I believe I ordered 14 or so slabs from you in a single order. And it was going great with Alex before I left to take care of personal things. Yes, I have been back here and there, but honestly this transaction took a back burner to other things that have been going on. However, it is completely my fault for the lack of communication as Alex has been great on that end. As far as not paying for the second part of the transaction; I have no problem paying for it and I still will pay for it as long as those comics don't have the same ailments as the ones I received and Alex was going to check on the condition of those slabs. If I can work something out with Alex that will be great as I have messaged him and honestly as you know and he knows the money is not an issue for me; so I have no problem making good on the second order. However, I'm still missing six slabs from the first order which he has acknowledged and I know why he didn't send it in the first order because he didn't have a big enough box which I believe he mentioned here in the thread. However, Matt went out and got a big enough box to send everything I ordered at the same time and the box Matt sent it in was a huge box might I add! As far as mis sent book ..I did not receive any Stan Lee signed book or any other book that I did not pay for. Had I received anything else than what I paid for I would have said something as I did when Matt sent the mislabel in shipping address. If cgc is anything like psa/dna; Alex can most likely have that slab red flagged or noted that it is stolen/missing. I get why I'm on the probation list because I "disappeared" and if the powers that be want to keep me on it so be it. I have reached out to Alex to work out this transaction. 

I will say it again. I do not have any Stan Lee book and if I had I would have mentioned that to Alex. I disappeared not because I had a book because I had other things to deal with personally and it is entirely on me. And because of that Cgc forums went on the back burner. Now as far as the Stan Lee book that Alex thinks I have. I do not have it and he should have reported it as stolen to cgc and the authorities. I know psa/dna will flag stolen items and take them out of their database and cgc probably does the same, but you members that have been here forever like "mynameislegion" will know better than I on cgc related matters.  I have mentioned my case here in some detail and even posted the last message I thought Alex received at end of July. I have also mentioned my eagerness to work things out as I have no problem with paying for anything I owe which is the second order as the first order of $927 was paid in full and would like my six books I'm missing from first order. Now, having said all that If all you all and mighty powerful moderators want to keep me on the probation list; fine. I get it. I have sent Alex messages so hopefully we can work something out. I have had two previous transactions on here and all went well and one with Matt N792 who has chimed in and knows I'm an honest guy. This is just unfortunate timing and it is my fault for not keeping in better communication with Alex, but he knows when I was around for that month long thread I was all over the communications and I paid very fast the first time.