• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Golden Pete for Probation list
6 6

343 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2021 at 5:27 AM, Golden Pete said:

I will say it again. I do not have any Stan Lee book and if I had I would have mentioned that to Alex. I disappeared not because I had a book because I had other things to deal with personally and it is entirely on me. And because of that Cgc forums went on the back burner. Now as far as the Stan Lee book that Alex thinks I have. I do not have it and he should have reported it as stolen to cgc and the authorities. I know psa/dna will flag stolen items and take them out of their database and cgc probably does the same, but you members that have been here forever like "mynameislegion" will know better than I on cgc related matters.  I have mentioned my case here in some detail and even posted the last message I thought Alex received at end of July. I have also mentioned my eagerness to work things out as I have no problem with paying for anything I owe which is the second order as the first order of $927 was paid in full and would like my six books I'm missing from first order. Now, having said all that If all you all and mighty powerful moderators want to keep me on the probation list; fine. I get it. I have sent Alex messages so hopefully we can work something out. I have had two previous transactions on here and all went well and one with Matt N792 who has chimed in and knows I'm an honest guy. This is just unfortunate timing and it is my fault for not keeping in better communication with Alex, but he knows when I was around for that month long thread I was all over the communications and I paid very fast the first time.

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are reacting in real-time to a slew of posts as well as PMs that accumulated over the course of month, and as you are going through them and reading and absorbing them you are catching up and acknowledging your obligations and opportunities to improve as the OP has as well. Your issues with condition of the slabs are perfectly valid and hopefully you and the OP can work this all out.  at this point take a breath and let the OP respond to your PM's. Understand also that the the Probation List is not permanent, you or the OP can request that you be removed if both parties agree the matter is settled. Best of luck to you both.

On 10/27/2021 at 4:08 AM, MyNameIsLegion said:

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are reacting in real-time to a slew of posts as well as PMs that accumulated over the course of month, and as you are going through them and reading and absorbing them you are catching up and acknowledging your obligations and opportunities to improve as the OP has as well. Your issues with condition of the slabs are perfectly valid and hopefully you and the OP can work this all out.  at this point take a breath and let the OP respond to your PM's. Understand also that the the Probation List is not permanent, you or the OP can request that you be removed if both parties agree the matter is settled. Best of luck to you both.

Thank you. I think you mentioned here that you can see my activity on cgc forums and if you look you will see that I have not been since my last message I thought Alex received back at end of July and I have been sporadic before then and until now; so thank you for seeing that I'm seeing this all now.  You're a veteran of these boards so you know when someone is BSing and when someone is seeing all this for the first time like I'm right now. I know I messed up as far as communication since after I paid $927 and received first order then I disappeared from June until basically now. Honestly, cgc forum took a back burner to my other things going on and yes, I should have communicated better with Alex in June. I have sent Alex messages earlier this morning to try to work things out and I have no problem paying for the second order as long as they are as described and as pictured (technically the captain carrot that was pictured if I remember correctly in his listing didn't show any bug bodies that I received) meaning no bugs from storage in slabs or bug bodies in the original cgc bags or any significant white scuffs/marks/scratches and or cracks. Sorry, I'm picky on slabs, but who wants bugs in slabs or bags? I know Alex didn't do it on purpose, but still his quality control could have been better from when he picked these up from his storage unit. Thank you again for your comments and I will try to take a deep breath, but no honest person should be happy with being on probation especially when in my case much of it was going great before my sudden disappearance from the site. 

So I messed up on my communication from basically early to mid June and until now. And I messed up on the count of the slabs received which I received 14 total not 15 and out of the 14; 12 are from the actual order that I paid for (1 is an extra freebie because I'm ordering almost $2,000 of slabs and the other is from the order I have not paid for yet). And the 14 that I did receive is the same that Alex has mentioned here in this thread so that part is true and verifiable; just that he was off as he thought I had a Stan Lee ss slab that I didn't order. I'm not super happy being accused of a receiving an item that I didn't even order. 

And for the record to all that see this especially all the veteran moderators I will pay the remaining balance on the second order today or whenever he actually sends me the PayPal invoice for it and we can hash out the damaged slabs and bugs, white stuff, and other things later on. I'm making attempts to make it right because it was never about the money with me it's just that I wasn't on the site from June til Now.

Also, reached out if he wants to chat via telephone or any other communication we can agree on so we can hash this out or we can just do it here as well.

On 8/3/2021 at 8:02 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

Definitely not mold.  Sounds to me like he’s decided to ignore you.  I’m sorry, but you’re probably going to be out whatever book was sent to him by mistake and the rest of the money that hasn’t been paid on the deal yet.

Please tell me what that weird white stuff is then? (And there are a few other that Alex did not post here as he did not post all the images I sent him at the time as I now no that some of the white marks/scuffs in the inner well are just that white marks/scuffs in a inner well but some are some kind of growth like buggy or poor storage conditions in a storage unit ) I first thought it was white mold, but after looking more and more at rest of the case with the old bug bodies....I'm now thinking it might be some old white bug growth like white spider nest webbing or something to that nature

alex slab 3.jpeg

alex slab 21.jpeg

alex slab 5.jpeg

Edited by Golden Pete

On 8/3/2021 at 2:54 PM, wombat said:

Being unhappy with some of the books doesn't mean he isn't responsible for the rest of them. And you offered a refund if he was unhappy. Fairly cut and dry for me. I do have one question that doesn't necessarily matter much, but were the white spots visible in the pictures you posted and do the remaining books also have them? 

I just posted more pics in this thread that I originally sent Alex and you can match these with what he posted and you will find discrepancies like this one here with the bug bodies and weird white stuff that I thought was mold, but after examining the rest of the slab further it looks like the white stuff is more bug related in this particular instance.Unlike supplied image #4 which shows a crack to web of Spiderman #1 case which was not pictured or mentioned in his original listing 

alex slab 3.jpeg

alex slab 21.jpeg

alex slab 19.jpeg

alex 20.jpeg

Also, I'm going to say it hear again as well Alex never sent me the PayPal invoice for the second invoice which I requested a couple times and I have pasted one of the communications with him regarding this issue in this thread. Now it doesn't mean I couldn't;t have paid him without him sending an invoice , but you have to understand this is a very large order so I would have preferred the seller send me an invoice via PayPal. Ask Alex did he send me a paypal for the first order? Yes, he did. Did Alex send me PayPal invoice that I requested for second invoice? No, he did not. Did I request a invoice from mattn for another large slab order? Yes, I did and he can confirm he did send me an invoice as well for that transaction.

On 8/3/2021 at 5:58 PM, KCOComics said:

I was curious about this as well, so I went back and looked at one example. 

You could see the white marks in the initial thread, the Pete should have known what he was buying. 

Screenshot_20210803-205554.png

Screenshot_20210803-205543.png

Here are some of the other images of the slabs I received. Do they all match up to what he listed? I think not. It's easy to pick one and skew it, but please match up all these to his listing and tell me that is all as pictured or as described. These are mostly the images I sent to Alex right when I received so I wasn't be that nitpicky at the time just taking a pic and moving onto to next slab to take a pic of.

alex 20.jpeg

alex slab 1.jpeg

alex slab 2.jpeg

alex slab 3.jpeg

alex slab 4.jpeg

alex slab 5.jpeg

alex slab 6.jpeg

alex slab 7.jpeg

alex slab 8.jpeg

alex slab 9.jpeg

alex slab 10.jpeg

alex slab 11.jpeg

alex slab 12.jpeg

alex slab 13.jpeg

alex slab 14.jpeg

alex slab 15.jpeg

alex slab 16.jpeg

alex slab 17.jpeg

alex slab 18.jpeg

alex slab 19.jpeg

alex slab 21.jpeg

So, I'm just getting all these posts now sand I will have to absorb them. But here is something else I got in my inbox:

Regarding Case ID PP-D-130XXXXXX.

Your buyer filed a claim. The buyer stated that the item was defective or not as described. Please be aware that due to consumer protection laws, PayPal cannot guarantee the return of your merchandise if the case is found in favor of the buyer. Please help us to resolve this issue by logging into your Resolution Centre and providing us with any information that can assist us with our investigation.

Your participation is essential to the claims process. If we don’t receive a response from you before November 6, 2021, this case will be closed and decided in your buyer’s favor.

Please understand that until our review is complete, we will hold any funds associated with this transaction.

Peter Fu has requested a refund of $927.00 USD. If you agree to this request, the case will be closed once the refund has been processed.

On 10/27/2021 at 6:13 AM, Golden Pete said:

KCOcomics, I do not have the missing book and have no need for a book that I did not pay for. If I had the book I would have mentioned that to Alex.

Matt,

Thank you for weighing in and as the transaction went great with you, thank you. I believe I ordered 14 or so slabs from you in a single order. And it was going great with Alex before I left to take care of personal things. Yes, I have been back here and there, but honestly this transaction took a back burner to other things that have been going on. However, it is completely my fault for the lack of communication as Alex has been great on that end. As far as not paying for the second part of the transaction; I have no problem paying for it and I still will pay for it as long as those comics don't have the same ailments as the ones I received and Alex was going to check on the condition of those slabs. If I can work something out with Alex that will be great as I have messaged him and honestly as you know and he knows the money is not an issue for me; so I have no problem making good on the second order. However, I'm still missing six slabs from the first order which he has acknowledged and I know why he didn't send it in the first order because he didn't have a big enough box which I believe he mentioned here in the thread. However, Matt went out and got a big enough box to send everything I ordered at the same time and the box Matt sent it in was a huge box might I add! As far as mis sent book ..I did not receive any Stan Lee signed book or any other book that I did not pay for. Had I received anything else than what I paid for I would have said something as I did when Matt sent the mislabel in shipping address. If cgc is anything like psa/dna; Alex can most likely have that slab red flagged or noted that it is stolen/missing. I get why I'm on the probation list because I "disappeared" and if the powers that be want to keep me on it so be it. I have reached out to Alex to work out this transaction. 

Honestly, all that real matters is if you square up with Alex. 

Whatever needs to happen to make it right. 

I can appreciate that you had stuff going on at home. We've all been there. But taking 30 seconds to email Alex and communicating about circumstances and timing would have gone along way. 

Yes, Full disclosure. I filed a PayPal case as mentioned here and in your pm/s that I would do that; so it's no surprise. You seem to want detail everything here for all to see so here it is:

I'm missing 6 slabs from this order that you have confirmed here in this thread.

I have bugs in slabs.

I have white marks/scuff/spots on almost every single slab that is not entirely pictured or as described

Crack in Web Spiderman #1 slab

And you have accused me here that I have a your Stan Lee book? come on.... And a book that I have no connection to nor did I order it or ask about it anyway. Had I received any book other than I ordered I would have mentioned to you. Just ask Mattn792 here about how honest I was with his mislabeled address label (oh wait it's here right in this thread!)

I have mentioned here I would like to work it out with you regarding the damaged slabs

I have also confirmed here you never send a paypal invoice for the second order of $700 something that I requested more than once from you

I have also mentioned here that I have no problem paying the remainder of anything owed to you for the second order as long as they are free of the issues that plagued the first oder. And according to your June 8th message you would check the other books and lmk (see below) and you never got back to me on those remain in the first oder that you did send out and the entire second order (minus the web of Spiderman).

That is very weird. I will definitely check the other books and let you know.

Alex

**Also, need I remind you....you said you would refund me of the books as mentioned in June 16th message from you. 

Hey bud,

This might make your life a bit easier. Here is a list of what you have purchased from me. The ones in orange have been paid for. I do have some still in my possession though. 

Also, please take whatever time you need. I can only imagine what is going on in your life right now. So, please take care of yourself first and foremost. 

And if there are any books you are not happy with, I will gladly refund you. 

On 10/27/2021 at 5:57 AM, KCOComics said:

I can appreciate that you had stuff going on at home. We've all been there. But taking 30 seconds to email Alex and communicating about circumstances and timing would have gone along way. 

On 10/27/2021 at 5:57 AM, KCOComics said:

Hi KCOComics,

Thanks for the reply! I have done just that....I have sent Alex pm's and made messages here for all to see. I told Alex and everyone here I 'm more than happy to pay for the second order that he never sent me the PayPal invoice on (that I requested). Unfortunately, it's not just a non paying issue with me (because I have no issue paying and he knows it and the other couple folks that I have bought from on here know it too and member mattn a long time member has chimed in on that transaction here) it is messier than that because of the issues with the first order so he knows he needs to square me away on that one. I have taken several hours now and messaged him and posted here for everyone on this thread to see because it is easy to see one persons case without actually looking into the other side. Having said that I have no issues with Alex I would just like this mess solved and so we can work it out. I have mentioned here I can pay today for the second order as I could have months ago had I received an invoice as requested.

The main issue is that I have been on hiatus since June. Otherwise, I would have responded much sooner and yes, I was back in late July very quickly (July 31st to be exact which spilled into the wee early hours of August 1st) and I have posted here that message that I drafted on July 31st for all to see in this thread. So this is essentially a big misunderstanding which I thought Alex knew that I was going to be gone for a hot minute, but yes, I could have still paid while I was gone and that's why I asked and requested for the PayPal invoice more than once.

Kinda funny that the dude can mess up his own orders then accuse me of receiving an item I didn't ask for nor did I purchase said item. I will gladly pay for any outstanding purchase that I'm invoiced on, but just like I quickly admitted that my communication was not the best and I apologize for that. I should receive an apology for being accused or even being remotely linked to an item that you lost whether you sent that item out or not...who knows...I know I don't have that item because I didn't want it nor did I purchase it! It's not ok to accuse someone here in the threads..I don't care if I'm on this probation list for eternity you will not accuse me of something I did not do! And you should know by now I do not have your missing slab! 

Edited by Golden Pete

On 8/3/2021 at 7:15 AM, AlexH said:

I hate to do this, but I nominate @Golden Pete(Peter Fu) for the Probation list. (This one is a long one, so bear with me).

Summary:

Golden Pete purchased 26 CGC Signature Series books from me for a total of $1626.00 from a big sale I had here: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/488500-cgc-signature-series-books-some-rare-and-impossible-signatures-closed/#comments

1) He made a payment of $907 for the first shipment of 18 slabs (plus $20 for shipping). I shipped 15 books, as that is the maximum I could send safely. He was fine with that because he was purchasing more anyway. Of the 15 books in that shipment, 14 were purchased by him and 1 was a freebie for purchasing so many (Xin #1 CGC SS 9.8). He still owes $719 for the remaining 12 books.

2) The other issue is a little more complicated: I believe he has a book that I shipped to him accidentally, but he denies receiving it.

3) He also accused me of sending him books that had mold—9 of the 15 books, in fact—which I took very seriously. I offered him a refund for any books he was unhappy with. He then went silent and has not responded to any of my messages since June 15, but was last on-line on August 1st .

Details:

I started a big sales thread on April 23, 2021. On May 13, Golden Pete made his first offer to purchase 11 slabbed books for less than the asking price, plus an agreement that he would pay only $20 shipping for all books purchased. I reluctantly took the offer, as I have been paying down a rather large debt and really need the money.

From May 14 through May 17, Golden Pete made additional offers for 7 more books, which I accepted. On May 18, he paid $927 (including $20 for shipping) for 18 books (see amounts below, with books paid for in blue).

I started looking for a suitable box to ship the books in, as this was going to weigh a ton and I didn’t want them to get damaged. On May 22 I messaged Golden Pete to let him know I could only find a box big enough for 15 slabs. He said that was fine with that, as he was going to purchase more.

On May 26 I shipped 15 books to him, one of which was the freebie SS book Xin #1 CGC 9.8 signed by Eric Ko. So, he was sent 14 purchased and 1 freebie out of 18 paid for.

From May 19 through June 1 he bought an additional 8 books from me, for a total of 26 SS slabs purchased, plus the free one to bring it to 27 slabbed books in total.

It has been about 45 days, and he has not made payment for the remaining books, nor has he acknowledged my messages of June 15, June 16, July 8, July 15, or July 26.

Here is a list of the books I sold to Golden Pete. The amounts in blue are the ones that he paid for (18). Titles in red are the ones I know for sure I sent to him in the first shipment (14+1). Titles in green are those I still have in my possession (13).

Book

Owed

Paid

Daredevil 190 7.0 

$          38.00

$      38.00

Justice League #2 9.8

$          38.00

$      38.00

Marvel Age 107 Clive Barker 

$          95.00

$      95.00

Spectacular Spiderman #2  

$          30.00

$      30.00

Universe #1 9.6 

$          47.00

$      47.00

Spawn 18 

$          39.00

$      39.00

Gravel #1 

$          29.00

$      29.00

Wolverine #90 

$          57.00

$      57.00

X-men 159

$          59.00

$      59.00

Captain Carrot #2

$          58.00

$      58.00

Daredevil #159 

$          45.00

$      45.00

Ultimate X-Men #24 SS CGC 9.6

$          25.00

$      25.00

Wildcats #2 SS CGC 9.8 Travis Charest

$          29.00

$      29.00

Seven Soldiers Frankenstein 9.8 Doug Mahnke

$          29.00

$      29.00

Young Indiana Jones Chronicles #2

$          65.00

$      65.00

Devil's Due Mix Tap #1 

$          75.00

$      75.00

Ultimates #5 SS CGC 9.6 Mark Millar

$          54.00

$      54.00

Secret Invasion #1 CGC 9.8 Leonard Kirk

$          95.00

$      95.00

Web of Spiderman #1 9.4 Fingeroth Vess

$        175.00

Hero Initiative: Mike Wieringo #1

$        250.00

Elektra Assassin #7 SS CGC 9.8 

$          83.00

Darkstalkers #5 SS CGC 9.4

$          35.00

JLA Classified #10 

$          35.00

Decimation: House of M - The Day After #1

$          34.00

Singularity 7 #1 

$          44.00

American Wasteland #1 9.4 Andrew Mangum

$          63.00

Xin #1 CGC 9.8

$0.00   

SHIPPING

$     20.00

$ 20.00

Totals

$ 1,646.00

$ 927.00

The fact that I sent 15 books was confirmed in a message from him below:

Golden Pete Replied: June 8

Hi Alex,

Yes, I received the 14 (out of the 18 books form first order) and thanks for the extra one!

I apologize for response delay as I'm out of town and hard to get internet, but before I headed out I checked out the books and they look fine except for that most of them have some sort of white fungus/mold growth on the inner cgc case. Have you noticed this on your other cases? I took some pictures very fast before I headed out so some maybe harder to see in the images provided than in real life. 

As I was preparing the 2nd shipment, I realized I still had 13 books I needed to send him, when the number should have been 12. So, I asked him to send me a list of the books he received from the first shipment so I could figure out which book I had accidentally sent to him. He said he would provide the list of the 15 books I sent to him on June 15.

Replied: June 15

I will have the list to you either later today once I get situated or by tomorrow

To this date he has neither paid the remaining amount nor provided a list of what I sent him. 

I know I sent 15 books out to him (which he confirms) out of a total of 27 (free one included). That means I should have 12 books left to send him. However, I have 13 still in my possession (listed in Green). Which means I sent a book to him by mistake. I also happen to be missing a book. Added to that, he has disappeared and not sent a list of what he received, nor paid the remainder, or responded to my messages, leading me to believe he might have an extra book. I also asked some of my other buyers if they got a different book by mistake, but all the books were accounted for.

Can I prove he has the missing book 100% - no. Am I an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for losing it – yes. I feel quite stupid that I did this. It has cost me a lot of money I really need, but ultimately I am hoping to find out where it is and get it back if he has it.

I should also mention that the missing book in question is a CGC Signature Series book of Wizard Ace Edition: Avengers #4 graded 9.8 and signed by Stan Lee. All I ask from Pete is for a list of the 15 books I sent to him so I can be sure. As well as the remaining payment. 

As for the “mold”, I took this accusation quite seriously. Please see the following thread for the discussion I brought up in the Restoration forum. These books are all Moderns and slabbed roughly from 2004-2015 and are kept in a climate-controlled environment. While I am not an expert in mold, you can be the judge of this yourself. https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/493961-what-are-your-thoughts-on-this-white-stuff/

I also offered to refund any books he was unhappy with.

There has been no communication since June 15th.

Alex

Do you also take not storing your comics properly seriously or the bugs in the cases and bags? You never commented on that even though I sent you the images in the original lot of pictures sent.

alex slab 5.jpeg

alex slab 4.jpeg

alex slab 3.jpeg

alex slab 21.jpeg

Did Alex mention how insistent and fast I sent the first payment? Well let me post some of my conversations with Alex asking to pay....who does that? I do!

Hi Alex,

Cool, I will add those other 3 to the thread right now that we agreed on. Hopefully that large BIN list will spark others to get on the thread and pick up the rest of your awesome books!

Let me think about the Bellman counter for a sec.

So I take it the $1100 on ASM 46 is an I don't want to sell price? :x

I'm going to take a second look at the rest of your list and see if there is anything else I would like and If it's ok to settle up with you after you post some new stuff later today ( I think you mentioned later at 3pm) because you might have some more interesting pick ups.

Hello Alex,

I have some more comics to put an offer on...

Ultimates #5 9.6 $54

Wonder Woman Annual #3 $45

Unless you put up some more awesome stuff later today. I'm about ready to settle up with you whenever you are ready (once you give me the yay or nay on the new offers above so we can add to the growing list). I have added the four comics from Friday's ok from you to our original list/invoice below; so its a little neater: 

Hi Alex,

I'll take the Ultimates #5 and the Secret Invasion Leonard Kirk.

Can you please tell me if that sketch by Leonard Kirk is A Skrull posing as Elektra? (I have to admit at a quick first glance I just thought it was Namor with Long hair and a headband...:blush:)

I just noticed on Page 8 of thread; the wildcats #2 has not been marked sold

The current list of books is below (18 total books) and I just added the few new pick-ups from today on it.

Let me know if we're all good on that and if you could send me a PayPal invoice for all those. I will pay today.

Thank you!

Hello Alex,

I Just saw the PayPal request & paid via PayPal.:foryou:

I forgot to add earlier that I asked to settle the other week because I was new and didn't want to run up a long tab and not pay. I figured it was once you win you needed to pay asap and I didn't know you were sending invoices out when thread was done until I saw a post from the other day of someone asking you when invoices were being sent out.