• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Golden Pete for Probation list
6 6

343 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2021 at 3:59 PM, Buzzetta said:

Bugs in books would cause me to set fire to the books. 

Like, how do you even submit them for reholdering?  You could be responsible for an infestation at the CGC facility while they sit and brew in waiting once "received."

Seriously... What the hell ? Where did the bugs come from?

I answered where I think it came from in a July 31 st email message that I posted here and I answered here last night when Matt792n asked about it in the threads. I think it came from Alex's storage unit, honestly as that is a logical assumption.  As most of those cheap cgc open top poly bags had these same type of bugs exoskeletons in them, which I have since just emptied out those bags with the bugs.  The Captain carrot is the only that I know of that actually had these same bugs inside the slab, but I will examine the other slabs later as far as anything bug related. I hope you all understand I'm trying to move on and I'm sure he wants to as well. I'm just going to deal with it and I paid for the slabs I have.

I was going to send them back but the right thing for me to do as @redb87has mentioned here to suck it up, not complain anymore and take responsibility for this situation and I have done just that! So this will be a constant reminder to just drive on... 

On 10/29/2021 at 4:05 PM, Golden Pete said:

I answered where I think it came from in a July 31 st email message that I posted here and I answered here last night when Matt792n asked about it in the threads. I think it came from Alex's storage unit, honestly as that is a logical assumption.  As most of those cheap cgc open top poly bags had these same type of bugs exoskeletons in them, which I have since just emptied out those bags with the bugs.  The Captain carrot is the only that I know of that actually had these same bugs inside the slab, but I will examine the other slabs later as far as anything bug related. I hope you all understand I'm trying to move on and I'm sure he wants to as well. I'm just going to deal with it and I paid for the slabs I have.

I was going to send them back but the right thing for me to do as @redb87has mentioned here to suck it up, not complain anymore and take responsibility for this situation and I have done just that! So this will be a constant reminder to just drive on... 

Maybe I will start a thread where I attempt to get these bugs out because this is an older generation case that probably has a bunch of gaps I can try to slide something in there like you can do to take out newton rings, but I'm not sure if it would just cause more of a mess with these exoskeletons crumbling up in the slab; so will most likely just reslab once the cgc turn around times look better.

On 10/29/2021 at 4:08 PM, Golden Pete said:

Maybe I will start a thread where I attempt to get these bugs out because this is an older generation case that probably has a bunch of gaps I can try to slide something in there like you can do to take out newton rings, but I'm not sure if it would just cause more of a mess with these exoskeletons crumbling up in the slab; so will most likely just reslab once the cgc turn around times look better.

I'm currently placing all these slabs in mylite graded bags for the time being so everything stays reasonably contained within the closed bag and nothing can fall in from the top .

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/29/2021 at 3:50 PM, Bird said:

I have been following the thread since it started and since you came back.

465542-eyeofagamotto01.jpg

so @AlexH, is this case closed and is he off the probation list or no?

@AlexH Just accept the money already for the slabs that I have as we are all paid up. I'm now a satisfied customer. Paypal case is closed. You don't owe me a single dime. You owe me nothing. You will never hear from me again after this is completely over. You don't have to send any partials or reslabbing fees. We can both go out and enjoy our own lives. 

And if you feel I should stay on this probation list longer to learn my lesson to communicate better in the future; so be it. I resisted it in the beginning, because it was a shock to come back to this, but cool peeps like @Domo Arigato @redb87 @Bird  @KCOComics @mattn792 etc. have helped me see the light and that it's ok to be on the probation list! I should be punished. 

I kinda like having my own probation nomination thread here where I can chat with other seasoned veterans! 

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/29/2021 at 6:52 PM, Golden Pete said:

And if you feel I should stay on this probation list longer to learn my lesson to communicate better in the future; so be it. I resisted it in the beginning, because it was a shock to come back to this, but cool peeps like @Domo Arigato @redb87 @Bird  @KCOComicsetc. have helped me see the light and that it's ok to be on the probation list!

Getting off the probation list is easy.  If @AlexH is satisfied with how things worked out, all he needs to do is come in here and ask for your name to be removed from the list.

Easy peasy.

I don't know how often he logs on......so you might want to send him a message through another channel you have for him and request that he do this.

On 10/29/2021 at 4:52 PM, Golden Pete said:

@AlexH Just accept the money already for the slabs that I have as we are all paid up. I'm now a satisfied customer. Paypal case is closed. You don't owe me a single dime. You owe me nothing. You will never hear from me again after this is completely over. You don't have to send any partials or reslabbing fees. We can both go out and enjoy our own lives. 

And if you feel I should stay on this probation list longer to learn my lesson to communicate better in the future; so be it. I resisted it in the beginning, because it was a shock to come back to this, but cool peeps like @Domo Arigato @redb87 @Bird  @KCOComics @mattn792 etc. have helped me see the light and that it's ok to be on the probation list! I should be punished. 

I kinda like having my own probation nomination thread here where I can chat with other seasoned veterans! 

And in the future if anyone sees me trying to buy some slabs from you just tell me to F off & that we can't trust you Chinese @greggy

I will take it with stride and not bother anyone who doesn't want to sell to me!

On 10/29/2021 at 4:59 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Getting off the probation list is easy.  If @AlexH is satisfied with how things worked out, all he needs to do is come in here and ask for your name to be removed from the list.

Easy peasy.

I don't know how often he logs on......so you might want to send him a message through another channel you have for him and request that he do this.

Domo, I like it on here ; it's like my very own little planet.  I'll just stay on here for awhile longer and chill it.... I deserve it; no worries.

@AlexHclearly does not want to hear form me anymore and I'm not going to bother him, but I'm sure he will see this chat. He's a reasonable fellow and I have no problem doing my time in here for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/29/2021 at 5:00 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

So, he refunded the full 1650 or whatever and then you sent back another 828?  I think he wants you to keep all your money and return all slabs to him.

Yes.

I would prefer that I suffer the consequences of the slabs and he keeps the 828 paid in full. I did not get a dime off from what we agreed upon and thats how it should be ; as you all have helped me to see the light. If he wants to have dialogue with me...I'm here. If not I will just chill it here in my own little niche thread.

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/29/2021 at 8:06 PM, Golden Pete said:

Yes.

I would prefer that I suffer the consequences of the slabs and he keeps the 828 paid in full. I did not get a dime off from what we agreed upon and thats how it should be ; as you all have helped me to see the light. If he wants to have dialogue with me...I'm here. If not I will just chill it here in my own little niche thread.

Ok.  So, currently he has the 828.  Let’s see if he accepts it and that’s it, or he refunds you.

On 10/29/2021 at 7:06 PM, Golden Pete said:

Yes.

My apologies.  I misread your post and thought you said AlexH accepted the money and you're all paid up and satisfied. doh!

Just ignore me.

On 10/29/2021 at 5:17 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

Ok.  So, currently he has the 828.  Let’s see if he accepts it and that’s it, or he refunds you.

Where does it say I cannot keep slabs that I paid for? Technically when he refunded the 927 before the PayPal case closed; I could have kept the money and the slabs. I choose to not do that because for one that is wrong! 

If I want to have a change of heart and I want to own up to my mistakes and keep the slabs I should be allowed to do so. I paid for them in full. And if he refunds me; I just pay for them again. why? because that is the right thing to do to suck it up and accept the consequences and if someone believes otherwise then more power to them.

I believe since I did not communicate properly when I was gone because of family issues; I should suffer the consequences.

On 10/29/2021 at 5:21 PM, Domo Arigato said:

My apologies.  I misread your post and thought you said AlexH accepted the money and you're all paid up and satisfied. doh!

Just ignore me.

I am all paid up, but as far as @AlexH being satisfied who knows. According to @DocHoppus182 I should return the slabs.

Why can I not just suffer the consequences of opening a PayPal claim in the first place and keep the items if I'm all paid up on it? I could have scammed many times during this long ordeal and I have not because @mattn792 knows I could have scammed him too, but I don't do that! And I want to suffer my bad judgement call because you all helped me see the light! @AlexH returns the money then I politely send it back because I should hold up to my responsibility!! What's wrong in that? Also reslabbing at least four slabs more than likely covers any shipping costs to Canada; so we're more than even and everything should be super fair for both parties. If it's not... next time I go to Canada I will meet with @AlexH personally at a con take him out to get some food and beverage of his choice and we can chill. I have also attempted to ask him to speak over voice chat or telephone because that is usually better than just chatting here, but hey whatever floats his boat! 

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/29/2021 at 5:32 PM, KCOComics said:

Can someone shoot me the cliff notes of where we are? 

To much to read over the few several hours.  

I basically did what you told me to do. Offer to pay up and I did and its been back and forth since.

Very fast cliff notes: he refunded the 927 out of PayPal case, PayPal case is now closed, I could have kept the money and the slabs because he refunded out of the claim but I did what you said pay for everything which I did I even paid more at a total of $1650 US dollars, he sent it back, then I paid for the exact slabs I have $828 and it's been back and forth since. I have atoned for my mistake. I messed up. I made good. I admit it. I now love my slabs with the defects that I mentioned. I told Alex he owes me nothing more. I expect nothing more from him. I want to keep these slabs so I can suffer the consequences of opening a premature case. You guys helped me see the light. I now embrace this probation thread and I like it here!

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/29/2021 at 8:28 PM, Golden Pete said:

I am all paid up, but as far as @AlexH being satisfied who knows. According to @DocHoppus182 I should return the slabs.

Why can I not just suffer the consequences of opening a PayPal claim in the first place and keep the items if I'm all paid up on it? I could have scammed many times during this long ordeal and I ova not because @mattn792 knows I could have scammed him too, but I don't do that! And I want to suffer my bad judgement call because you all helped me see the light!

Listen pal, I don’t give a squirt one way or another.  If you keep the slabs or send them back.  I was just summarizing for those following along that have pretty much been confused by the giant walls of text with the same information being repeated over and over and over again.  

And knock off with the “I could’ve scammed if I wanted to” stuff.  You didn’t and that’s good.  You don’t have to keep with it.

On 10/29/2021 at 5:39 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

Listen pal, I don’t give a squirt one way or another.  If you keep the slabs or send them back.  I was just summarizing for those following along that have pretty much been confused by the giant walls of text with the same information being repeated over and over and over again.  

And knock off with the “I could’ve scammed if I wanted to” stuff.  You didn’t and that’s good.  You don’t have to keep with it.

Big squirt to you my friend... You're doing great my friend.

And when I say scammed  let me clarify....PayPal told me this over the phone when I called today that since Alex bypassed the claim and just straight refunded without going through the actual claim return process as far as their concerned I could keep the slabs and the $927. And each time he sends me $828 back and I sent it back; I could just keep the slabs and the money, but like I said earlier I'm not doing that.

I will take the "scammed" part out of any future post here! Thank you for your input and I appreciate you!

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/29/2021 at 8:43 PM, Golden Pete said:

Big squirt to you my friend... You're doing great my friend.

And when I say scammed  let me clarify....PayPal told me this over the phone when I called today that since Alex bypassed the claim and just straight refunded without going through the actual claim return process as far as their concerned I could keep the slabs and the $927. And each time he sends me $828 back and I sent it back; I could just keep the slabs and the money, but like I said earlier I'm not doing that.

I will take the "scammed" part out of any future post here! Thank you for your input and I appreciate you!

So if I understand you correctly, speaking directly to someone at PayPal, they told you that since Alex sent a refund outside of the PayPal claim process, that PayPal thought it was all the same if you kept the money and the books, do I understand that correctly? 

On 10/29/2021 at 5:44 PM, KCOComics said:

So I'm guessing Alex just wants to be done with the entire situation. 

I think it's time to put this one too bed. 

Exactly! Well, said. I think we have. I made it easy for him to keep the amount paid in full and let's just go are separate ways! And I keep the slabs as a reminder to fulfill all obligations with no complaints in the future that are over a reasonable timeline.