• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Golden Pete for Probation list
6 6

343 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2021 at 8:32 PM, KCOComics said:

Can someone shoot me the cliff notes of where we are? 

To much to read over the few several hours.  

I would volunteer, but I'm now even more confused than I was a few hours ago, and I was pretty sure then I was as confused as I could get....but its still early....

On 10/29/2021 at 5:47 PM, crassus said:

So if I understand you correctly, speaking directly to someone at PayPal, they told you that since Alex sent a refund outside of the PayPal claim process, that PayPal thought it was all the same if you kept the money and the books, do I understand that correctly? 

Yes. If there is a case open between you and the seller. The seller can accept a return because all PayPal can make the seller do ultimately is accept a return anyway. Now if the seller just refunds you the money as the case is still active; then the case closes, but the buyer does not get a notice to return the item back to seller. The case simply closes. The money goes back to the buyer and PayPal has no further obligations in this matter.

Yes and Yes. However, I did not do that as mentioned in these messages here.

On 10/29/2021 at 5:48 PM, crassus said:

I would volunteer, but I'm now even more confused than I was a few hours ago, and I was pretty sure then I was as confused as I could get....but its still early....

here are the rough cliff notes that I responded to @KCOComics:

I basically did what you told me to do. Offer to pay up and I did and its been back and forth since.

Very fast cliff notes: he refunded the 927 out of PayPal case, PayPal case is now closed, I could have kept the money and the slabs because he refunded out of the claim but I did what you said pay for everything which I did I even paid more at a total of $1650 US dollars, he sent it back, then I paid for the exact slabs I have $828 and it's been back and forth since. I have atoned for my mistake. I messed up. I made good. I admit it. I now love my slabs with the defects that I mentioned. I told Alex he owes me nothing more. I expect nothing more from him. I want to keep these slabs so I can suffer the consequences of opening a premature case. You guys helped me see the light. I now embrace this probation thread and I like it here!

On 10/29/2021 at 8:52 PM, Golden Pete said:

I basically did what you told me to do. Offer to pay up and I did and its been back and forth since.

Very fast cliff notes: he refunded the 927 out of PayPal case, PayPal case is now closed, I could have kept the money and the slabs because he refunded out of the claim but I did what you said pay for everything which I did I even paid more at a total of $1650 US dollars, he sent it back, then I paid for the exact slabs I have $828 and it's been back and forth since. I have atoned for my mistake. I messed up. I made good. I admit it. I now love my slabs with the defects that I mentioned. I told Alex he owes me nothing more. I expect nothing more from him. I want to keep these slabs so I can suffer the consequences of opening a premature case. You guys helped me see the light. I now embrace this probation thread and I like it here!

I'm not sure who "you" is, for the record I did not direct you to do anything. I of course cannot speak for other Boardies who may have advised you in one way or another, but my concern is that Alex (apparently) keeps sending your money back to you, having (as I understand it) acquiesced to your first PayPal claim for a refund, expecting you would then return the books. I'm just a little unclear as to why we are back now with you sending him money he doesn't want, to extend a transaction I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to continue. Just my impression, and part of the reason for my confusion. 

Edited by crassus
clarification

On 10/29/2021 at 7:52 PM, Golden Pete said:

When you say “it’s been back and forth since” after sending the $828, is money still changing hands?

Also, what does AlexH want in terms of addressing this issue?

On 10/29/2021 at 6:03 PM, GoldenAgeAddict said:

When you say “it’s been back and forth since” after sending the $828, is money still changing hands?

Also, what does AlexH want in terms of addressing this issue?

Has it? Yes, not sure now because haven't checked, but I'm not one to take slabs without paying .

Ask him @AlexH.  He doesn't have dialogue with me.

On 10/29/2021 at 6:01 PM, crassus said:

I'm not sure who "you" is, for the record I did not direct you to do anything. I of course cannot speak for other Boardies who may have advised you in one way or another, but my concern is that Alex (apparently) keeps sending your money back to you, having (as I understand it) acquiesced to your first PayPal claim for a refund, expecting you would then return the books. I'm just a little unclear as to why we are back now with you sending him money he doesn't want, to extend a transaction I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to continue. Just my impression, and part of the reason for my confusion. 

You is/was @KCOComics as he suggested I pay up in some previous posts. I just cut & pasted that for you because he also asked for the cliff note version.

I'm not trying to extend a transaction and by sending the items back this extends it for potentially weeks as this would be going from USA to Canada. I want to own up to my part of the deal and keep these slabs with the issues and that's that; he's paid up. I have mentioned it here already; you all made me see the light. I'm ok with the blemishes with the slabs! I messed up with communication. I honed up to it by attempting to pay for the entire two orders. And when that didn't work I paid for exactly what I have and nothing more nothing less. I asked for nothing else and dropped any other claims about partial refunds or what have you.

I messed up and I should be able to now keep the slabs if I want to. Paypal case is closed. Alex doesn't have any further obligations to me or anything with this transaction. I'm trying to do the right thing here. I want this to end. I sent him the money. I think we are done. We can both go our separate ways and I can keep staying here in purgatory to serve out the rest of my time here in probation land. I'm fine with it.

If Alex wants to prolong this so be it; that's up to him.

I messed up. Now, I want to pay the price and stay here for how ever long everyone deems fit for me to stay here.

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/29/2021 at 9:31 PM, Golden Pete said:

You is/was @KCOComics as he suggested I pay up in some previous posts. I just cut & pasted that for you because he also asked for the cliff note version.

I'm not trying to extend a transaction and by sending the items back this extends it for potentially weeks as this would be going from USA to Canada. I want to own up to my part of the deal and keep these slabs with the issues and that's that; he's paid up. I have mentioned it here already; you all made me see the light. I'm ok with the blemishes with the slabs! I messed up with communication. I honed up to it by attempting to pay for the entire two orders. And when that didn't work I paid for exactly what I have and nothing more nothing less. I asked for nothing else and dropped any other claims about partial refunds or what have you.

I messed up and I should be able to now keep the slabs if I want to. Paypal case is closed. Alex doesn't have any further obligations to me or anything with this transaction. I'm trying to do the right thing here. I want this to end. I sent him the money. I think we are done. We can both go our separate ways and I can keep staying here in purgatory to serve out the rest of my time here in probation land. I'm fine with it. If we wants to prolong this so be it; that's up to him.

I messed up. Now, I want to pay the price and stay here for how ever long everyone deems fit for me to stay here.

For what it's worth, I was suggesting you finish the transaction you originally agreed to. I also didn't like that you opened the PayPal case 5 months after the fact. 

Things have changed.  Alex has honored the refund on Paypal and doesn't seem to want to continue to do business. 

So at this point, maybe it's best to fulfill the return? He doesn't wish to do business with you, that much is clear. Send him back the slabs and call it a day? 

And look, at the end of the day my opinion doesn't really matter.  It's between you guys too work it out. 

Again, this discussion was hurt by poor communication.  You came out guns blazing with big walls of text and it made it really difficult to follow what you wanted to accomplish. 

On 10/29/2021 at 10:10 PM, Golden Pete said:

And the driver fell into the ocean....

Take that caption down or the mods will step in... Then on top of this confusing thread, posts will start disappearing making it really fun to follow. 

Not too mention points and other things you probably won't like. 

On 10/29/2021 at 9:15 PM, KCOComics said:

Take that caption down or the mods will step in... Then on top of this confusing thread, posts will start disappearing making it really fun to follow. 

tumblr_oby5brV38Q1vbe7guo1_1280.jpg.62bb602a824d224a621f6125c63d3b63.jpg

On 10/29/2021 at 7:15 PM, KCOComics said:

Oh thanks for the tips. Sorry ... I'm a noob!

It looks to me like Alex is punishing Golden Pete twice.  

Refusing to take the money for books that are on hand, forcing a trip to the post office, that is just being vindictive.

Golden Pete you started out wrong with the PayPal case but that is water under the bridge, you saw the light.  Also you shouldn't have complained about the condition and just considered that part of the cost of your family trouble, which I am sure cost you plenty. You never should have complained... But you saw the light on that issue too.

You seem to be a reasonable guy and I do not think Alex needs to be punishing you like this.  Good luck.

On 10/29/2021 at 7:13 PM, KCOComics said:

For what it's worth, I was suggesting you finish the transaction you originally agreed to. I also didn't like that you opened the PayPal case 5 months after the fact. 

Things have changed.  Alex has honored the refund on Paypal and doesn't seem to want to continue to do business. 

So at this point, maybe it's best to fulfill the return? He doesn't wish to do business with you, that much is clear. Send him back the slabs and call it a day? 

And look, at the end of the day my opinion doesn't really matter.  It's between you guys too work it out. 

Again, this discussion was hurt by poor communication.  You came out guns blazing with big walls of text and it made it really difficult to follow what you wanted to accomplish. 

I also came out gun blazing and did everything right for someone that disappeared for awhile at least after a day when I calmed down after being accused of receiving a book I never ordered.

I apologized.

I sent payment for everything.

I again apologized for my noobish behavior.

I again sent payment for the items I had  And remember for these past five months I had over paid by almost $100 for the items that Alex sent (missing those 6 slabs); $99 to be exact.

I'm eating the costs of the reslabbing. I now love bugs!

And now I want to face my punishment by staying on here as long as everyone thinks I should 

And I'm keeping the books that I paid for as a reminder of my responsibility.

I paid for these books in full ($99 extra to be exact) when I opened the PayPal claim and now that's it closed. I still have paid for these books in full! These are my books and my punishment alone!

I'm not asking for anything.

I'm doing what's right and what's right is I keep my property that I paid for in full five + months and running and don't complain just enjoy what I have.

I'm not making any excuses.

Alex, obviously doesn't want to finish the rest of transaction which became clear after I sent him an entire $1650 paypal. And that is his right. And my right is to retain my property and if he wants to keep me on here then so be it.

I'm no longer asking him to apologize for wrongly accusing me of receiving a book I never received. I'm over it. I'm moving on..

And this is the simplest way to solve this; we both walk away and that's that.

On 10/29/2021 at 7:38 PM, Turnando said:

It looks to me like Alex is punishing Golden Pete twice.  

Refusing to take the money for books that are on hand, forcing a trip to the post office, that is just being vindictive.

Golden Pete you started out wrong with the PayPal case but that is water under the bridge, you saw the light.  Also you shouldn't have complained about the condition and just considered that part of the cost of your family trouble, which I am sure cost you plenty. You never should have complained... But you saw the light on that issue too.

You seem to be a reasonable guy and I do not think Alex needs to be punishing you like this.  Good luck.

You're absolutely right; I should have kept my mouth shut about the slab problems because it only added to the communication break down and the few months of disappearance did not help my case.

I should have not come on here from all that time off and opened a PayPal case because quite frankly my "panties" were in a bunch because I felt like I was being accused of receiving a comic I never even ordered and the other issues that were present in the first order. I'm over it and I have apologized here and to @AlexH several times over the past few days! probably dozens and dozens of times.

I now see the light! I understand what the great @Domo Arigato was imparting to me with his wisdom of how to navigate this problem; I alone created. 

Thank you all that have posted here with awesome advice and input it is all appreciated and one day maybe I will become a seasoned veteran while I navigate @mattn792 @KCOComics @crassus @DocHoppus182 @redb87 @MyNameIsLegion @Turnando @thehumantorch @greggy

You all showed me to calm down take a deep breath and now I enjoy being here in my very own probation thread and I'm keeping the slabs as a constant reminder of the mistake I made!

@AlexH said earlier today here that he does not want unhappy customers...Well, now I'm a super happy satisfied customer! Thank you @AlexH

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/29/2021 at 10:05 PM, Golden Pete said:

You're absolutely right; I should have kept my mouth shut about the slab problems because it only added to the communication break down and the few months of disappearance did not help my case.

I wouldn't go this far, I think most of us would get rather put off by finding a bug or six nestled into a slab.