• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Golden Pete for Probation list
6 6

343 posts in this topic

Are there any old school veteran moderators out there that have seen all my posts here and can clearly see that I'm trying to work it out with the OP.

This is not just a simple case of he or she didn't pay.. Because if it were I would gladly pay right now and make it all go away.

Clearly the ball was dropped on both sides, here.

Anyone, else have some insight that would be helpful as I have reached out to Alex with numerous messages in the pm & here.

On 10/27/2021 at 10:00 AM, WoWitHurts said:

Alex - Refund the purchase

Pete - return the books

I'm not sure that's reasonable. 

It's been 5 months since the sales thread. The transaction was never completed and Pete essentially bowed out. 

The books were scanned in the sales thread and any defects were clearly visable.  

I purchased several books from Alex in that thread.  He was honest, transparent and easy to work with.  I don't think it's reasonable to return books after this length of time. 

And honestly, I'm pretty disappointed in this turn. I thought you Pete was coming here too make things right and finish paying for his obligations. Not to further stiff a good boardie who was more than reasonable with him. 

On 10/27/2021 at 7:30 AM, KCOComics said:

It's been 5 months since the sales thread. The transaction was never completed and Pete essentially bowed out. 

The books were scanned in the sales thread and any defects were clearly visable.  

I purchased several books from Alex in that thread.  He was honest, transparent and easy to work with.  I don't think it's reasonable to return books after this length of time. 

And honestly, I'm pretty disappointed in this turn. I thought you Pete was coming here too make things right and finish paying for his obligations. Not to further stiff a good boardie who was more than reasonable with him. 

KCO,

What did you not see in this thread? I have mentioned it now dozens of times . I will pay for the second order! 

Agree to disagree that the bugs were not clearly visible unfortunately.

I GUESS YOU DIDN'T READ THE POSTS? I HAVE SAID THAT I HAVE NO PROBLEM PAYING ONCE I RCEIVE THE INVOICE THAT I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE SINCE JUNE!

If you're commenting on the PayPal return to deem if it's reasonable or not reasonable that's not your decision to make.

If your commenting if I'm trying to make it right? Yes, I have by offering to pay for there second order.

I WILL SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME PAYMENT IS NOT AN ISSUE! I HAVE OFFERED TO PAY DOZENS OF TIMES AND IF HE GETS ON HERE RIGHT NOW.

I WILL PAY!

SO YOU TELL ME ? WHAT I'M NOT DOING THATS NOT SQUARED AWAY? 

I HAVE MADE AN OPEN REQUEST TO WORK IT OUT WITH ALEX. NOW IT'S UP TO HIM. IF HE DOESN'T WANT ME TO PAY FOR THE SECOND ORDER THATS UP TO HIM.

Edited by Golden Pete

A "good boardie" doesn't accuse another of having a book that he wrongly shipped to someone or probably still has it for that matter. KCOComics,You must be the one that has his Stan Lee SS book that he sent to you ? Give it back to him KCOComics!

I'm going to have to report you here for taking his Stan Lee book

Edited by Golden Pete

How archaic is this chat forum..Where anyone can accuse anyone of anything. 

One thing to ask someone if they received an item by mistake, but to accuse somebody of receiving an item they do not have is not acceptable!

Only here... one of the last dinosaur chat forums where a seller can accuse there customer of receiving an item they never ordered or received!

This is the biggest issue I have with everything as this is just wrong!

The main point here for being on this probation list that Alex (OP) is making is that I did not pay for the second order! Everything else is side noise especially being accused of receiving something I never received or ordered.

If I had received a PayPal invoice as I requested like I did in the first order then he would have received payment.

Plain and simple. 

And I'm currently on the record here several times over that I have no problem paying the OP what is owed!

As of now, OP has yet to contact me in any form; reaching out or pm ing me.

On 10/27/2021 at 5:10 AM, Golden Pete said:

So my biggest gripe when I received the comics to Alex was that what looked like mold /white marks/scuffs to the inner well. I have found posts which mentioned a lot of these marks/scratches scuffs were on purpose due to the cases being sonically sealed?? Not sure if thats all entirely true, but it looks like these second generation cases were plagued with marks/scratches, but I do believe some of these could possibly mold as Alex had these in a storage unit and the Captain carrot (image supplied #3) looks moldy or some kind of white growth that is expanding which could also be some old insect egg remnants as this case is placed with old bug bodies as you can see in the images provided (images #5, #19 and #21) and not to mention the countless number of bug bodies that were in the cgc bags that I did not picture, but they are the same bugs bodies that you see in the Captain Carrot slab. Also, a crack to web of Spiderman #1 slab (image provided #21). I know too many more tolerant cgc slab collectors out there maybe this is acceptable to you or the norm to you. However, to me especially now that I have purchased more slabs from many other sites this is not the norm and should to be expected especially when you're paying hard earned money and none of this was seen or described in Alex's listings which if you have marks/scratches that are visible you should note it and especially if you have bugs in the slab or bags or cracks ; they should be noted!

alex slab 9.jpeg

alex slab 10.jpeg

alex slab 11.jpeg

alex slab 12.jpeg

alex slab 13.jpeg

alex slab 14.jpeg

alex slab 16.jpeg

alex slab 17.jpeg

What type of chandelier is that ?  I’m redoing my dining room next summer. 

I looked at those posts in a timeframe.

How interesting....

AlexH nominated Golden Pete on August 3.  He posted only three here. The recent one is 5 hours ago about the open case in PayPal.

Golden Pete responded nothing here until 10 hours ago. He posted multiple posts like crazy.  Why wait until the last minute?  There are big gaps in communication here between you guys except PMs.

It's time for both to be here and sort it out.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:13 AM, JollyComics said:

I looked at those posts in a timeframe.

How interesting....

AlexH nominated Golden Pete on August 3.  He posted only three here. The recent one is 5 hours ago about the open case in PayPal.

Golden Pete responded nothing here until 10 hours ago. He posted multiple posts like crazy.  Why wait until the last minute?  There are big gaps in communication here between you guys except PMs.

It's time for both to be here and sort it out.

I have not posted a response until now because this is the first time I logged in and seen this thing about probation. If I saw this in August I would Have responded back then.