• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Golden Pete for Probation list
6 6

343 posts in this topic

I think you all understand it's not cool when you see all your stuff being aired out in public, but hence is the forum. It's especially not cool when you see that you're accused of receiving an item you have no idea about. This is the main reason why I' coming out because this is flat out wrong. 

On 10/27/2021 at 1:27 PM, Golden Pete said:

I have not posted a response until now because this is the first time I logged in and seen this thing about probation. If I saw this in August I would Have responded back then.

I understood you have the family problem back in July/August.  Why were you not checking here and your purchases until now?  It has been for five months.  That gap time is not clear.

PeteH waited for you for a long time. The business is still unfinished.  Both have a score to settle HERE.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:40 AM, JollyComics said:

I understood you have the family problem back in July/August.  Why were you not checking here and your purchases until now?  It has been for five months.  That gap time is not clear.

PeteH waited for you for a long time. The business is still unfinished.  Both have a score to settle HERE.

Hi jolly,

Yes, you're absolutely right I have some things to tie up here and since it's all out there we can do it here. I heard from Alex today in my pm's and I'm currently writing back to him. I have not checked this purchase until now because it was not on my priority list as my family issue was still on going and Alex had said no problem that he would wait . I'm completely wrong for taking this much time and I'm apologizing to Alex for that and anyone else here that has to read these messages here.  I knew I would not be around the cgc forum or checking as my internet access was minimal during this time. I would prefer not go into detail about my personal things here as it is still ongoing. Since, I knew I would not be around much and I asked for Alex to send me a  PayPal invoice for the second order (the second order is the $700 something order I still owe)  as that goes to my email and I see it more often than having to log in to forums/chats, etc. Quite frankly I have not really even checked my email much since June, but I'm more likely to see a PayPal invoice directly to my email than I am logging in here. I would have preferred not to mention all this here because it will seem like an excuse, and quite frankly I have not paid plain and simple. I'm more than happy to pay for the second order and as I mentioned above I'm still working on a message to Alex as we speak .

On 10/27/2021 at 2:11 PM, Golden Pete said:

Hi jolly,

Yes, you're absolutely right I have some things to tie up here and since it's all out there we can do it here. I heard from Alex today in my pm's and I'm currently writing back to him. I have not checked this purchase until now because it was not on my priority list as my family issue was still on going and Alex had said no problem that he would wait . I'm completely wrong for taking this much time and I'm apologizing to Alex for that and anyone else here that has to read these messages here.  I knew I would not be around the cgc forum or checking as my internet access was minimal during this time. I would prefer not go into detail about my personal things here as it is still ongoing. Since, I knew I would not be around much and I asked for Alex to send me a  PayPal invoice for the second order (the second order is the $700 something order I still owe)  as that goes to my email and I see it more often than having to log in to forums/chats, etc. Quite frankly I have not really even checked my email much since June, but I'm more likely to see a PayPal invoice directly to my email than I am logging in here. I would have preferred not to mention all this here because it will seem like an excuse, and quite frankly I have not paid plain and simple. I'm more than happy to pay for the second order and as I mentioned above I'm still working on a message to Alex as we speak .

When did you file the complaint with PayPal? I think a lot of people were surprised to see you on here saying you want to work it out and even send payment for the remaining books while at the same time you have opened a case on paypal.

On 10/27/2021 at 12:24 PM, Buzzetta said:

From what I see, I actually might. No joke.  I don't know if I will have a high enough ceiling though.

My ceiling is only 8 feet so you should be fine, I'm glad it looks taller in the photos. I will post some other lights here from this home that you might be interested in after all this other stuff is over with. And who knows maybe I will get a few more friends from this so maybe being on a probation list is not so bad...

On 10/27/2021 at 12:35 PM, Red84 said:

When did you file the complaint with PayPal? I think a lot of people were surprised to see you on here saying you want to work it out and even send payment for the remaining books while at the same time you have opened a case on paypal.

Jolly,

As I read the probation list and that I was accused of receiving a Stan lee ss slab; I filed the complaint because I felt that Alex most likely no longer wanted to work on the first oder issues that I received. The complaint was filed sometime earlier in the morning when I was sifting through all these messages and people saying..."you cannot trust the Chinese" to the effect that I stole the lee slab...The PayPal case is just that it doesn't mean I can't still work things out with Alex because the worst thing that happens is I just return all the items back to Alex. It's  not like I'm accusing him of things he hasn't done. 

On 10/27/2021 at 12:40 PM, Golden Pete said:

Jolly,

As I read the probation list and that I was accused of receiving a Stan lee ss slab; I filed the complaint because I felt that Alex most likely no longer wanted to work on the first oder issues that I received. The complaint was filed sometime earlier in the morning when I was sifting through all these messages and people saying..."you cannot trust the Chinese" to the effect that I stole the lee slab...The PayPal case is just that it doesn't mean I can't still work things out with Alex because the worst thing that happens is I just return all the items back to Alex. It's  not like I'm accusing him of things he hasn't done. 

Since all this early frustration from seeing the probation list..I'm now currently in an open dialogue with Alex in the pm's. I'm not going to share everything here, but he can verify with you I'm trying pay for what I owe on the second order because as far that goes that is exactly what I said, "I would like to pay for the second order" and finish this overall transaction so I can get the other 6 slabs he has from the first oder that I paid for. And I offered in good faith to buy other slabs that he wants to sell. It's simple as that; I'm trying to make things right because I understand his frustration and hope he understands mine about being accused of receiving a slab I did not ask for, and did not want.

On 10/27/2021 at 12:41 PM, Red84 said:

@Golden Pete Also, when did you tell Alex about the bugs? Did you ask for a refund or seek to return the books then? 

Let me check on that. I know bugs are shown in the original images I sent him of The captain carrot I received back in June and he can confirm those images and at that time I was more worried about the white stuff / marks/ scratches on the slabs and not all the white stuff is equal some does look some kind of growth like on the captain carrot slabs, but the secret invasion slab marks/scratches is what I think now is more prevalent on these second generation cases. There were lots of bug exoskeletons like the one in that slab that fell out of various bags of the slabs that I since tossed out those free flowing bugs because it's kinda gross to be honest, but it makes sense that they were in a storage unit.

On 10/27/2021 at 12:47 PM, Golden Pete said:

Let me check on that. I know bugs are shown in the original images I sent him of The captain carrot I received back in June and he can confirm those images and at that time I was more worried about the white stuff / marks/ scratches on the slabs and not all the white stuff is equal some does look some kind of growth like on the captain carrot slabs, but the secret invasion slab marks/scratches is what I think now is more prevalent on these second generation cases. There were lots of bug exoskeletons like the one in that slab that fell out of various bags of the slabs that I since tossed out those free flowing bugs because it's kinda gross to be honest, but it makes sense that they were in a storage unit.

At the time of this purchase. I was still a relative newbie to cgc cases from the different generations so yes, I was and I am still picky, but I was much more picky with these slabs during this time because I'm used to sports card slabs where they can be 20+ years old like BGC/BCCG or PSA slabs and they don't have these marks/scratches in the inner well. I have thousands of PSA slabs and they don't have issues in the inner well or inside the case like these cgc cases do. However, now that I have several hundred cgc slabs I much more tolerant of the issues like newton rings, light marks/scratches to the outside case if described or shown, etc.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:40 AM, JollyComics said:

I'm not sure if I answered this question fully, but the family problem is actually still ongoing. I just don't have to travel as much to deal with it anymore; if that helps give a little insight.

I have sent another message to Alex and I think what I proposed is pretty reasonable. In a nutshell I asked him to send me the PayPal invoice of what I owe on second order (remember he has yet to do this all these months); he sends me the items and including the 6 missing slabs from the first order. And we continue to work out our issues on the first order then once thats resolved PayPal case closed; and lastly once everyone is happy he gets me off the probation list and issues me formal apology for being accused of receiving a slab I never received or ordered and then if he wants any more apologies I can mention it anywhere he wants and we can work out another deal if he more slabs to sell to bring even more goodwill.

If he wants goodwill send me that PayPal invoice I can pay today / tonight and if I don't then keep me on this probation list forever; thats fair I would think. I just want him to send the other 6 slabs that I already paid for from the first order with the second order as agreed upon.

I think you all see the theme that is going on here..I'm not running away from the issue that I created by not keeping my communication tight. I'm responsible for this and I'm trying to make good. I'm sure many folks here that are on probation give out all types of excuses... I obviously have a reason, but by no means is it an excuse. So lets start working on this problem.... Alex, send me the second order invoice; I pay for it then we hash out our any and all other issues.

Edited by Golden Pete