• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Golden Pete for Probation list
6 6

343 posts in this topic

Also FTR, I wouldn’t go so far as to say the OP was accusing you of stealing a slab you didn’t have. But he sent you 14 books and he had the remaining books still, so when you initially said you received 15, naturally he assumed he sent an additional book in error that was not among the ones you ordered wether they were sent in the first shipment or were waiting to go in the next shipment once the remaining balance was received. When you didn’t clarify until later that it was in fact 14, the question remained unresolved. Again, good communication between buyer and seller is the key.  

On 10/27/2021 at 3:00 PM, MyNameIsLegion said:

Also FTR, I wouldn’t go so far as to say the OP was accusing you of stealing a slab you didn’t have. But he sent you 14 books and he had the remaining books still, so when you initially said you received 15, naturally he assumed he sent an additional book in error that was not among the ones you ordered wether they were sent in the first shipment or were waiting to go in the next shipment once the remaining balance was received. When you didn’t clarify until later that it was in fact 14, the question remained unresolved. Again, good communication between buyer and seller is the key.  

I agree with you on communication is key and I have touched here in the threads about that period that I dropped the ball. I have since offered Alex in pm’s to pay right away for the remaining second order the $700 something amount and I also offered some other things as well that I believe I mentioned earlier here. I’m still waiting for a response from him and no worries he knows that I will pay as I have mentioned it everywhere here and in pm’s so as soon as I receive the PayPal invoice for the second order which I never received; I will pay. That’s that! and that should show that I’m making every reasonable effort to work this out and get off this probation list. Also, he mentioned in the thread that “he believes I have the book and that I deny having it.” To me that’s pretty much I stole his book because if you have a book that’s not yours it’s stolen! Unless someone is letting you borrow a book but this a cgc slab not a book I checked out from the library. Everything else you said I agree with and I appreciate your incite. I just want to get this done where everyone is happy with situation and behind us. 

On 10/27/2021 at 6:59 PM, Golden Pete said:

I agree with you on communication is key and I have touched here in the threads about that period that I dropped the ball. I have since offered Alex in pm’s to pay right away for the remaining second order the $700 something amount and I also offered some other things as well that I believe I mentioned earlier here. I’m still waiting for a response from him and no worries he knows that I will pay as I have mentioned it everywhere here and in pm’s so as soon as I receive the PayPal invoice for the second order which I never received; I will pay. That’s that! and that should show that I’m making every reasonable effort to work this out and get off this probation list. Also, he mentioned in the thread that “he believes I have the book and that I deny having it.” To me that’s pretty much I stole his book because if you have a book that’s not yours it’s stolen! Unless someone is letting you borrow a book but this a cgc slab not a book I checked out from the library. Everything else you said I agree with and I appreciate your incite. I just want to get this done where everyone is happy with situation and behind us. 

I don’t have a problem with Alex besides him “blaming” me (not stealing) for his lost book. Other than sending me some Grimey not as described slabs it happens , I get it. Alex, did what he had to do because he waited and waited for me and he probably felt that I was in here tip toeing around avoiding his messages when in reality I believed I sent a response to him at the end of July which you all can see here. At any rate can we please just get towards the end of this thing and I either pay for what is owed or we come together for some type of solution.

On 10/27/2021 at 6:59 PM, Golden Pete said:

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/27/2021 at 10:23 PM, KCOComics said:

Are you still trying to get a refund for the first order? 

Or is the only outstanding item the second order? 

Just a technical question, according to the seller's narrative that first payment was made on the 18th of May, I thought there was a time limit for seeking a PayPal refund, that would make it over 5 months....how long is PayPal giving now to request a refund? Is it 6 months?

On 10/27/2021 at 7:23 PM, KCOComics said:

Are you still trying to get a refund for the first order? 

Or is the only outstanding item the second order? 

Is the PayPal case open ? Yes, it is.

I'm waiting for Alex to respond to my several pm messages where I mention I will pay him immediately (among other very reasonable things I have offered) once I receive the second order PayPal invoice. I also mention that I can pay now and we can hash out the first order issues later while the PayPal case is still open; so that shows my goodwill to just pay and get this thing rolling in the right direction.

Or is the only outstanding item the second order? Yes, the second order is the only order outstanding and has been the only order outstanding as far as payment since May 2021. Now he still has SIX slabs from first order that I paid for in full.

The ball has been dropped here on both sides and it should becoming very clear to most of you now that I responded after being on hiatus. On my side is very obvious you all know what is going on here with me that's why I'm on probation because on the surface level (but there is more to that see below and the other posts in threads); I didn't pay for the second order. And if you don't pay you should be on the probation list. Having said that I'm trying to pay now and I have been trying to pay all along if you see below and the other responses in the thread (I'm trying to recap here in general as much as possible so for all those that don't want to sift through 6+ pages of thread); simple as that.

Lastly, Alex has never sent me a PayPal invoice as I requested for the second order. Never sent in a month or two months or three months or five months; so just wanted to mention that as most businesses in the real world if they do not receive a invoice they cannot pay. And for me because I was gone for most of this time (which I have mentioned here in more detail yesterday in this thread) dealing with family issues (gone meaning not at my home or location); a PayPal invoice was a lot easier for me to see in my email rather than going anywhere else like looking into here to check on communications, etc. and he knows that because I sent him message regarding me not having the greatest internet connections, etc. (which I believe is pasted here in the threads too).

I pride myself in always paying on time or before and I know it looks like wow this guy didn't pay for five months, but there is more to to it than that as mentioned above and I have since yesterday mentioned it here and in Alex pm's that I want to pay for second order just send me PayPal invoice; so anyone else have advice on this let me know as now it's a waiting game for Alex to let me know what he wants to do, but I have made every effort to pay for the second order. 

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/28/2021 at 5:20 AM, crassus said:

Just a technical question, according to the seller's narrative that first payment was made on the 18th of May, I thought there was a time limit for seeking a PayPal refund, that would make it over 5 months....how long is PayPal giving now to request a refund? Is it 6 months?

Yes, For PayPal it is 6 months and can be longer on a case by case basis. You all need to remember and know I did not receive 6 items from this order that I have paid for in full and that Alex has also verified that he has them still in his possession (from page 1 in the thread) and I also have pm's that he still has my books I paid for. 

Edited by Golden Pete

I think some of you have mentioned here yesterday in the thread to just pay and be done with this. Well, for the record I have offered to pay here in the threads and to Alex in pm's. Out of privacy I'm not going to share the pm's I sent him yesterday; right now (although I pretty much paraphrased everything here in threads), but I'm sure Alex will at some point. I would have preferred we did it behind closed doors, but that went out the window when I saw this probation list and him believing I have a comic of his that he mistakenly sent that I have nothing to do with.

I just need that second order PayPal invoice (that I have been waiting for five months) and he will be paid.

Edited by Golden Pete

@Golden Pete - assuming you get the second invoice for the remaining books, what's your plan in regard to the open PayPal case?  I have to admit, as a seller I would be put off by someone opening a case against me while at the same time trying to buy other books from me.  I know you've said you reached out to Alex several times, have you two had a back and forth dialogue on it, or are you still waiting for him to respond?

On 10/28/2021 at 9:56 AM, mattn792 said:

@Golden Pete - assuming you get the second invoice for the remaining books, what's your plan in regard to the open PayPal case?  I have to admit, as a seller I would be put off by someone opening a case against me while at the same time trying to buy other books from me.  I know you've said you reached out to Alex several times, have you two had a back and forth dialogue on it, or are you still waiting for him to respond?

Matt,

He is not like you where you send invoices lightning fast (I have shared the messages in the thread where I asked him several times to pay and thats just for the first order that is paid in full) I have been in essence waiting for this second order invoice for five months now. Now that I'm back on here actively since yesterday; I have responded to paragraphs of things here in the threads and I have sent Alex a message about sending me the invoice to pay and today I have sent him pm's to send me invoices to pay. And unlike you, where you went to go out and get a big box to send the entire order in; he has yet to send me 6 slabs that I paid for from the first order, but I'm on this probation list.

I offered to pay because that was why I'm on the probation list in the first place. 

As far as the PayPal case...There are issues with that first order like not as described items like bugs, cracks (everything else I mentioned here in the thread), and all these other things that did to happen in your order. 

He is not like you.. where you immediately offered a reasonable solution and offered a fair small partial. Now to his credit, Alex has offered to give a refund so essentially this PayPal case is a moot point. If he already offered a refund for sending the items back then the PayPal case is just waiting on the back burner because that's all they can make him do anyway to give a refund when I send items back. I'm willing to work with him on this and I have mentioned it to him in pm's yesterday that if he wants to work on something similar to what you and I did that would be fine. So yes, I have asked him to make the first order right by squaring me away on some of the damage which he can do in the way of a partial so I can get some of these damaged slabs reslabbed(I'm still waiting for his response to that and more info below).

Did I mention above? That he has yet to send a PayPal invoice for the second order (FIVE MONTHS NOW!) , but I'm on this probation list.

Did I also mention he says he believes he sent me a book ( that I have nothing to do with) and has basically accused me of receiving this book that he made a goof on and send it to somebody else, but I'm the scape goat? What is troubling here if he indeed sent it out that one of you "good boardies" on here has his book and have not come forward, but yet I'm being dragged through the mud....come on!

My name is dragged in the mud here and you mentioned in your post here I should make good on it (paraphrasing here I think); so I'm doing my best to clear my name and get off this probation list that quite frankly I should not be on in the first place (I have touched on this above in the threads and mainly because I'm waiting for the second order invoice now five months plus). Let's be honest even when I get my name cleared here off this probation list none of you are going to want to sell to me here.... Who wants to deal with someone that opened a PayPal case on a seller or causes problems, also being accused of having a book that he messed up on by mis sending it someone on here but I supposedly have, etc. At this point, I just want to get off this probation list and I will continue to buy from other sites who will gladly take my money and as you know I buy lots of slabs; so someone out there other than this archaic forum where anyone can accuse you of anything with no recourse; will again gladly take my money. And the good news many of you sell on other sites and most likely I have already purchased something from you problem free and trouble free with no contact or hint of PayPal case being filed. 

I think you know I'm reasonable as well at least in your experience in dealing with me. 

Unfortunately, there are lots of things going on in this transaction and I wish it was clearer and cleaner.

The only dialogue from him so far in these threads is where he revealed to all that I have a PayPal case against him (but I also mentioned here prior) and then he did not comment any further here. I just received some more crippling news about what he is doing which should vindicate me , but I will wait for him to respond to my pm's as I'm not like him to drop bombs then have everybody go against me because they think I'm a non payer. And remember I'm a relative newbie to a giant like Alex that has been on here for over 20 years (in his words); so of course people will take sides with him first and it is expected.

The only dialogue from him regarding pm's (private messages); was yesterday and he said he would work with me. I have since sent him several more messages yesterday and today and nothing back so far from Alex.

Matt, Having read all this..What would you do if you were in my exact situation to get off this probation list? I think I'm doing all that I can by laying down everything here in the threads as clearly as possible, in pm's to the OP, offering to pay for second order as that is why I'm on this probation list (besides the omission that seller never send me a second invoice to pay as requested), etc.

I think I'm doing all that I can to one protect me as a buyer (and technically what most of you forget is a "customer") and to make things right (above).

Many have said here....Just reach out to OP and offer to pay up? I have. Many have said on here tell us what is going on ? I have here in tons of pages of info here in this thread. 

It's just a matter of time I get off this probation list because you all know I'm doing what a buyer in these tough circumstances should do for the most part. Whether you agree with a PayPal case being opened is a moot point.

Edited by Golden Pete

On 8/3/2021 at 9:24 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Golden Pete last posted in the forum on June 15th (the same day he sent his last reply to you).

However......he has definitely been visiting the forum much more recently......so he is obviously just ignoring the situation.

1194285727_GoldenPete.thumb.jpg.f5e00ea2a8534daa263251ec162419bd.jpg

On 8/4/2021 at 1:35 AM, Domo Arigato said:

I just noticed something else. (tsk)

GP.thumb.jpg.6094da4da84b981f080828a6dfbd6cd4.jpg

On 10/27/2021 at 4:13 AM, Golden Pete said:

I just saw the probation now. Yes, I am a newbie and yes I have not had constant internet access for sometime now while I was away dealing with family matters which Alex knows of.

Hope it all works out.

I don't think the books were misrepresented.  Maybe you couldn't make out a crack in the case, which I could understand taking an issue with.  But the scans were clear and any scuffing or white marks were visable. 

As for the bugs, I went back and looked and they weren't in the original scans, which were presumably taken shortly before the books were sold.  So either the spiders jumped in during shipping or they were camping out with the comics at your house over the last 5 months.  At the time they were sold, there were no signs of spiders. 

Regardless, I'm not sure the existence of spiders warrants a refund. They've existed for a long time. 

And having bought dozens of books on the boards, I can say I rarely get invoices and never asked for one.  Seems like a non-issue.

The entire transaction was convaluted from the start. But I think it's fair to say Alex acted with the best intentions. And I find it very off-putting to file a PP claim 5 months after the fact followed by walls of text trying to disparage someone. 

Screenshot_20211027-182331.png

On 10/28/2021 at 11:21 AM, KCOComics said:

I don't think the books were misrepresented.  Maybe you couldn't make out a crack in the case, which I could understand taking an issue with.  But the scans were clear and any scuffing or white marks were visable. 

As for the bugs, I went back and looked and they weren't in the original scans, which were presumably taken shortly before the books were sold.  So either the spiders jumped in during shipping or they were camping out with the comics at your house over the last 5 months.  At the time they were sold, there were no signs of spiders. 

Regardless, I'm not sure the existence of spiders warrants a refund. They've existed for a long time. 

And having bought dozens of books on the boards, I can say I rarely get invoices and never asked for one.  Seems like a non-issue.

The entire transaction was convaluted from the start. But I think it's fair to say Alex acted with the best intentions. And I find it very off-putting to file a PP claim 5 months after the fact followed by walls of text trying to disparage someone. 

Screenshot_20211027-182331.png

Exactly he misrepresented the captain carrot! He framed it and or edited to not show the bugs or he showed an old picture of it before the bugs! It's very clear it is not as described. As there were also these bugs in the bags.

Anyways,I have responded to everything else here in length. You can find a way to defend each thing that I show proof on. 

So when he brings up an issue and that I didn't pay, but then I say well you didn't send me any Paypal invoices for the second order as requested. I'm sure you can twist that one too. There is a defense to everything and you're obviously a fan boy of Alex. And most of you're that are on here and that's fine. The days of having a non biased fair forum seem to be flying out with the wind.

The fact that you didn't have any issue with your order from Alex is an expected thing as you should not have the problems that I have had. It does not take away the issues that I have encountered here.

So your opinion is just that your opinion.

Edited by Golden Pete

I have sent Alex several messages, but here are just a couple of the pm's here I sent yesterday:

Golden Pete

Alex,

To add more goodwill just send me the second order PayPal invoice and I will make good on that purchase and then maybe we can talk about some other slabs you might want to sell like we did before.

Also, I can pay for the second order now and we can hash out the first order with the PayPal case later; I'm fine with that because I at least owe you the money for the second order you been graciously holding for me. And I will promise to over pay on some other slabs you sell to me so it will be worth it for you ;)

Alex,

This is what I'm thinking .... you send me the invoice for what I owe. I pay up in full today or tonight. You send those items out asap after I pay and we keep the dialogue open about what to do on the first order. That way you have good will from that. Then after everything is worked out I can cancel the PayPal case if the first order issues are resolved and then after everything is done you can make a petition or whatever you guys do to take me off the probation list after your issues are resolved with me. And issue me a formal apology about the Stan lee ss slab. And we can make more deals after this all to seal the goodwill. 

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/28/2021 at 2:27 PM, Golden Pete said:

Exactly he misrepresented the captain carrot! He framed it to now show the bugs! As there were also these bugs in the bags. Anyways,

I have responded to everything else here in length. You can find a way to defend each thing that I show proof on. 

So when he brings up an issue and that I didn't pay, but then I say well you didn't;t send me any Paypal invoices for the second order as requested. I'm sure you can twist that one too. There is a defense to everything and you're obviously a fan boy of Alex. And most of you're on here are and that's fine.

The fact that you didn't have any issue with your order from Alex is an expected thing as you should not have the problems that I have had. It does not take away the issues that I have encountered here.

So your opinion is just that your opinion.

I wouldn't say I'm an Alex fan boy.  We had exactly one transaction, for 3 books on that thread. It was executed without an issue. 

I am a fan boy of the CGC market place. The community on here has created so many opportunities for collectors to add cool and unique pieces to their collections. 

So I do take issues when long time boardies, with a history of positive contributions to the boards gets dragged through this stuff. And while the transaction was messy, Alex seemed open, honest and transparent.

The captain carrot comic was $75. I imagine the "spider" legs didn't damage it. So what makes it right? 10% off? Round it up to $8?  But 5 months after the factor your going to file a claim for $900+ ?

You say you didn't read the thread, when people have posted evidence that you were signed into the boards and visiting Alex's page after you claimed you weren't? 

It doesn't leave a favorable impression.  Lies about signing in, failure to communicate for months, mysterious spiders, PP claims.... Sometimes you got to call a spade a spade. 

I received this email from canada post today that Alex  (OP) initiated. I have omitted a few of the numbers for privacy concerns for both parties, but if the exact numbers are needed ; moderators or anyone that is entrusted with probations can pm me for the exact info. He is claiming that I did not receive the 14 books he sent (mentioned in page 1 of this thread) from first order.  And the tracking confirms it has been delivered as he has mentioned in page 1 threads and I have mentioned everywhere that I did receive this order.  I think we all know what Alex is doing. So anyone else upset that I filed a not as described PayPal case the other day? And Anymore Alex fanboys out there want to come to his defense ? Enough is enough.

I'm making a formal petition / plea to get off this probation list!

STOMER...@canadapost.ca

6:02 AM (5 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

French

English

Translate message
Turn off for: French

Date Time Progress

Canada Post - Postes Canada  

Version française au bas

Canada Post is requesting information about an item shipped to you.

Service Ticket Details

Topic: Inquiry - Mail item not delivered
Ticket Number: 014320
Sender: Alex Hunter
Tracking Number: CN0064

We are conducting an investigation into this shipment as the sender has contacted Canada Post to advise us that the item has not been received by you. Your response via reply to this email is required to verify whether or not you have received the item in question.

Please consider the following:

• Have you checked your Community Mailbox or received the key for the larger parcel compartment?
  • If delivery is to an apartment, condominium or a business, have you checked with the concierge, security, property management, mailroom or receiving department?

• Did you receive a Delivery Notice Card advising you that your item is available for pick up at your local post office?

After checking these locations, please let us know if your item has been delivered or made available to you for pick up at a postal outlet.

May 26
Delivered.svg
Delivered
June 1

Delivery progress

Information updated: Oct. 28

June 1 11:44 am
Item successfully delivered
, USA

6:10 am
Item out for Delivery
USA