• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Golden Pete for Probation list
6 6

343 posts in this topic

If someone feels because I started a PayPal claim against someone to push him in one way or another that's your opinion. What's the opinion of someone starting a false claim with Canada Post? which contradicts the whole issue itself. The fact that I filed a not as described claim did not contradict me saying I want to work it out ( you may feel it does but it is not the purpose of a claim or case); the fact that I filed a claim shows that I want to work it out because the very part of a PayPal claim/case gives the seller and buyer time to work it out. If I get a Paypal claim I run to it ; to solve it not run away and say this buyer sucks or this and that; I take care of the issue with professionalism no matter how unreasonable I may personally feel the buyer is being. Now I will voice my opinion, but I will always take care of the buyer because the buyer in the long run will take care of you. And if you don't believe that then no problem, more power to you!

Now filing a false claim saying item was not delivered ; is an entirely different story especially when tracking shows item was delivered and the seller has confirmed in the first part of the probation nomination that item was delivered. 

On 10/28/2021 at 6:06 PM, Golden Pete said:

I apologize to KCO comics for calling you a fanboy to Alex (honestly I was a fan boy of Alex during his selling thread because he has dope ss comics and he and I share a lot signature likes; so I'm disappointed our relationship has deteriorated to this level). I know you mean well my friend as do I. I am a fanboy to X-Men myself! And having said all that this predicament is much of my doing as I fell off the earth as I think many of you would also to help your family, but that is here nor there or an excuse. And if I offended Alex, I'm sorry bud! Just come on here and let's clear the air , my friend.

The reason why I want to get back to the forums as a non probation member because I enjoyed buying on here and gaining lots of knowledge from the other forums and that information is priceless. Thank you all !

thank you MAGNIFICENT DOMO :foryou:

No worries and not offended.  I would like to hear from Alex on the postage issue as well. 

With that said, hopefully we can land at a peaceful resolution for everyone. 

On 10/28/2021 at 6:13 PM, Golden Pete said:

Who's offering a lifetime guarantee? Are you offering a lifetime guarantee on your books? Count me in!

What's your time limit on how long you expect a seller to accept returns for books with easily identifiable issues?

If you don't have one.......then that would mean you expect a lifetime guarantee.

This is my opinion and only my opinion and this works for a lot of successful companies out there, but I take returns all day long for product why? because it's good business . If I take care of a customer now and return a few bucks to him or her or do a partial to make him happy that customer at some point will return and either spend more money with me or tell his friends and family. Now if I alienate that customer and say F you my policy is this no returns! Then he won't return.

There is a difference between taking care of a good customer and dealing with an unreasonable one.  One of my old sales managers told me this and I learned a long time ago that he was right.......good customers should be retained.....but you shouldn't hesitate to fire a bad one.  

Again, I can go on long rant here about customer service or returns, but that's just my opinion and that's all it is. Ebay, Payapl and most major long running companies share my belief for the most part, but many of those on these boards might not feel that same way and that's fine. It's your opinion and you can feel anyway you want.

Ebay and their ridiculous policies suck.  That's why so many prefer to do business in here.  Same could be said for PayPal with their ridiculously long time frames to file a claim.  Please let me know what other long running companies "share your belief for the most part" that would allow you to purchase comics like this and then decide you want a partial or complete refund five months later.  

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 10/28/2021 at 4:32 PM, Domo Arigato said:

What's your time limit on how long you expect a seller to accept returns for books with easily identifiable issues?

If you don't have one.......then that would mean you expect a lifetime guarantee.

There is a difference between taking care of a good customer and dealing with an unreasonable customer.  One of my old sales managers told me this a long time ago and I learned a long time ago that he was right.......good customers should be retained.....but you shouldn't hesitate to fire the bad ones.  

Ebay and their ridiculous policies suck.  That's why so many prefer to do business in here.  Same could be said for PayPal with their ridiculously long time frames to file a claim.  Please let me know what other long running companies "share your belief for the most part" that would allow you to purchase comics like this and then decide you want a partial or complete refund five months later.  

What other long running companies about comics? I know several but I cannot say because for one I buy from them and I don't want them to get their behind torn all up like I did here. Having said that I don't usually file claims or any real big issues. I was referring to long running companies that are not comic related, because as you know most LCS shops don't last long anyway historically speaking that is (one of my lcs who happens to be a neighbor (I being vague here on purpose) has a famous long running shop for over 30+ years and they do whatever it takes to take care of their customers, but thats here nor there). A long running company that is awesome:  Costco! the best company in the USA! 

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/28/2021 at 4:32 PM, Domo Arigato said:

There is a difference between taking care of a good customer and dealing with an unreasonable customer.  One of my old sales managers told me this a long time ago and I learned a long time ago that he was right.......good customers should be retained.....but you shouldn't hesitate to fire the bad ones.  

Most people here share your view point as many I have encountered are ebay/PayPal transplants. I enjoyed buying here because of the no sales tax thing and the fact that fees are lower for sellers here as they just pay the processing fees; so you can get at times better deals.

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/28/2021 at 6:40 PM, Golden Pete said:

What other long running companies about comics? I know several but I cannot say because for one I buy from them and I don't want them to get their behind torn all up like I did here. 

Why would they get their behind all torn up just because you mentioned that they would take a return 5 months later for any reason (such as a cracked CGC case or foreign material in the slab)?  I would think that would just get them more business for being so AWESOME!  Spill the beans. :busy:

On 10/28/2021 at 6:40 PM, Golden Pete said:

I was referring to long running companies that are not comic related, because as you know most LCS shops don't last long anyway historically speaking that is (one of my lcs who happens to be a neighbor (I being vague here on purpose) has a famous long running shop for over 30+ years and they do whatever it takes to take care of their customers, but thats here nor there). A long running company that is awesome:  Costco! the best company in the USA! 

I know of a lot of long running and VERY successful comic selling companies........Mile High Comics.......Metropolis........High Grade Comics........Bedrock City.........Cedar Chest Comics.........Pedigree Comics.......Comic Link.......Comic Connect.........Reece's Rare Comics.......MyComicShop.........Superworld Comics.......etc.

Should we visit their websites and see what their return policies are?

And you mentioned Costco as a non-comic company (and even their return policy has exceptions.......like electronics can only be returned within 90 days).  Can you list any more of these "most major long running companies" that share your belief of essentially no time limits on their return policy?

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 10/28/2021 at 5:03 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Why would they get their behind all torn up just because you mentioned that they would take a return 5 months later for any reason (such as a cracked CGC case or foreign material in the slab)?  I would think that would just get them more business for being so AWESOME!  Spill the beans. :busy:

I know of a lot of long running and VERY successful comic selling companies........Mile High Comics.......Metropolis........High Grade Comics........Bedrock City.........Cedar Chest Comics.........Pedigree Comics.......Comic Link.......Comic Connect.........Reece's Rare Comics.......MyComicShop.........Superworld Comics.......etc.

And you mentioned Costco as a non-comic company (and even their return policy has exceptions.......like electronics can only be returned within 90 days).  Can you list any more of these "most major long running companies" that share your belief of essentially no time limits on their return policy?

You realize I'm not trying to make an argumenative point; I 'm just saying my opinion about returns. A lot of those comic shops you mentioned above take PayPal; so does that make their return policy Paypal's?

I'm commenting because I'm enjoying this conversation...

Ikea, Home Depot (it was 180 during height of covid but now back to 90), Nordstrom , REI, Trader Joes, Zappos, Bloomingdales, etc.

I think every company has some exception to the rule like the Costco electronics/computers thing.

On 10/28/2021 at 5:03 PM, Domo Arigato said:

When I get off this probation list and we become friends. Yes, I will spill the beans on which comic shops online and or around me take care of their customers. Well, apparently members that see this thread don't want to do business with me here; so when I get off we can talk about it :shy:

I need a safe haven where I can still buy my comics ;). And the funny thing a lot of these sellers on here sell to me on other sites so that won't stop. Money talks!

To Domo's point, people are getting hung up on the PayPal claim.  

If you had legitimate concerns, you should have resolved them months ago.

I ran a sales thread in September and had a clear return policy. I would be pretty upset if someone put in a PP claim 45 days later, never mind 5 months later. The money is gone (sunk into another comic) and I would be very apprehensive about taking back a book that's been out of my possession for months.  

And look, I'm empathetic to trouble at home. Life is hard and sometimes you got to handle stuff.  But I think a certain level of communication over the last several months could have made this allot smoother. Even if you said, I may not be able to get back to this until October, I apologize, we would be in a much better situation than today. 

So my advice to resolve this... Remove the claim and if you and Alex still want to go forward with the second transaction, maybe he can knock some money off for the cracked slab and to put this to bed. 

If he doesn't want to move forward, I kind of can't blame him. This has been ugly end to end.  

On 10/28/2021 at 8:28 PM, KCOComics said:

If he doesn't want to move forward, I kind of can't blame him. This has been ugly end to end.  

and hopefully we are at the end of the ugliness and not the beginning! Lots of balls in the air right now and will they land safely or will it all come crashing down?

56429332.jpg

On 10/28/2021 at 5:30 PM, jimjum12 said:

In my terms, I state that I do not pay for reholdering fees and that slabs are "used" and sold "as-is". I worked in plastic manufacturing for 15 years and it is the nature of plastic that it commonly has small defects, i.e. scratches, small scuffs, tiny air bubbles, and is one of the reasons why it is such a low cost container solution. I cranked out a million units per shift, I know what I'm talking about.  I'm not guaranteeing a perfect container with a product that has been having QC problems since day one. A reholder doesn't just cost 11 dollars, there's shipping, insurance, opportunity cost, etc. 

For 14 books to be reholdered we're probably looking at close to $ 400 ... I don't want a whole lot of repeat business like that. Nothing personal, Pete ... you have a right to your expectations. With me, unless I miss something obvious, you either keep it or return it, no price adjustments. That's why I don't sell on eBay. In this case, I think you should return the books and get your refund after the books arrive with Alex H. You're going in the right direction to make amends, but you're probably not going to get your reholdering ... but who knows ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

14 books reholdered? My goodness . I was just hoping for the one with major bugs inside the slab and the cracked one and maybe another or so, but not 14 that's unreasonable to ask.  I already aired out the bags and took out the bug bodies awhile back so we good on those.

Thanks for the input my friend! It is very much appreciated!

On 10/28/2021 at 5:33 PM, Bird said:

and hopefully we are at the end of the ugliness and not the beginning! Lots of balls in the air right now and will they land safely or will it all come crashing down?

56429332.jpg

I actually like Alex as a person as we have same interests in ss slabs and there is not a lot of us other there...This is a stupid question if he doesn't want to move forward does that mean I get off this probation list eventually? Or am I in limbo for awhile?

On 10/28/2021 at 5:28 PM, KCOComics said:

To Domo's point, people are getting hung up on the PayPal claim.  

If you had legitimate concerns, you should have resolved them months ago.

I ran a sales thread in September and had a clear return policy. I would be pretty upset if someone put in a PP claim 45 days later, never mind 5 months later. The money is gone (sunk into another comic) and I would be very apprehensive about taking back a book that's been out of my possession for months.  

And look, I'm empathetic to trouble at home. Life is hard and sometimes you got to handle stuff.  But I think a certain level of communication over the last several months could have made this allot smoother. Even if you said, I may not be able to get back to this until October, I apologize, we would be in a much better situation than today. 

So my advice to resolve this... Remove the claim and if you and Alex still want to go forward with the second transaction, maybe he can knock some money off for the cracked slab and to put this to bed. 

KCO thanks for the reply as always! Yeah I wish it was just private between Alex and I;  like most transactions are as it is difficult being out in the forums trying to work something out. However, it is my fault for disappearing and thats why I'm back on here putting myself out there and getting what I deserve. This situation is my fault for not communicating with him for three months.

I'm honestly a little distraught by being "blamed" for the missing slab he wrongly sent to someone ( because thats a code of ss slabs you don't mess with as if you didn't pay for it then its not yours and I would have said something to Alex had I received his missing slab), but I told get why I'm the fall guy here because I disappeared and he probably though that was one of the reasons why...

I deserve the kick in the rear and that's why I'm here. I'm more calm now because after me being annoyed with the blame of having his Stan lee slab that I don't have a clue about has gone...I'm back to being more chill...

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/28/2021 at 8:36 PM, Golden Pete said:

I actually like Alex as a person as we have same interests in ss slabs and there is not a lot of us other there...This is a stupid question if he doesn't want to move forward does that mean I get off this probation list eventually? Or am I in limbo for awhile?

You'll have to do a fire walk! It's in the bylaws!!! 

On 10/28/2021 at 8:34 PM, Golden Pete said:

14 books reholdered? My goodness . I was just hoping for the one with major bugs inside the slab and the cracked one and maybe another or so, but not 14 that's unreasonable to ask.  I already aired out the bags and took out the bug bodies awhile back so we good on those.

Thanks for the input my friend! It is very much appreciated!

My bad, I thought you were upset that all the books had small blemishes on the inner well and were unacceptable to you for that reason. It's been a while, I should have gone back and read the thread again. GOD BLESS....

On 10/28/2021 at 8:36 PM, Golden Pete said:

The goal of the probation list is to get people to fulfill their commitments. It's a self governing process. 

This situation is so sticky, I'm not sure how it would go. I'm sure there are rules about it somewhere that could be dug up. 

On 10/28/2021 at 5:41 PM, jimjum12 said:

My bad, I thought you were upset that all the books had small blemishes on the inner well and were unacceptable to you for that reason. It's been a while, I should have gone back and read the thread again. GOD BLESS....

I was more upset seeing the part where he believes that I have a book he wrongly sent me. However, I'm getting over it and I think when someone sees that and they know they didn't receive or steal a book they get a little hot inside. However, I'm getting over that. 

I'm sure when Alex comes back to messages or here we can work it out hopefully semi privately. I did reach out to him and told him we can do voice chat or whatever he likes to help build a relationship again; so we can squash this.

On 10/28/2021 at 5:44 PM, KCOComics said:

The goal of the probation list is to get people to fulfill their commitments. It's a self governing process. 

This situation is so sticky, I'm not sure how it would go. I'm sure there are rules about it somewhere that could be dug up. 

I'm not fighting it anymore as I was earlier. The main reason I was kinda pissed is I was gone I come back and see that I'm on a probation list and that he believes I received that Stan lee ss book. Before I left on hiatus he asked me if I received that book and I said No and thought it was the end of that , but to see that here honestly made me a little upset since I don't have that book.

As far as closing paypal case..I'm sure Alex and I can work that out when he's ready. I'm curious to find out why he filed this canada post claim that I did not receive package claim which is showing delivered and he has already confirmed the delivery and so have I