• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Else Having Trouble Contacting Spencer Beck?
1 1

20 posts in this topic

I've tried emailing him twice within the last 3 weeks trying to get his attention to purchase a page of OA from him if it's still available, and I just can't get a reply from him. I've got his @aol.com email address, and it's being sent from my @gmail email, so I don't see why I'd be going into his spam folder. 

Anyone else experiencing the same difficulties? Is he on holidays? 

On 8/5/2021 at 9:40 PM, cheekyj2112 said:

Not sure if it’s the reason being referred to above but Spencer was working Terrificon last week.

Cheers
Joseph

That's also very helpful to know, and definitely explains that whole week. Thanks, Joseph. 

Reading this thread just reminded me how much slack we readily give dealers in this hobby when it comes to customer service. Imagine telling someone to not worry about getting a response back from Best Buy or Walmart or Amazon or your electrician or your plumber or your doctor...because August isn't a good month for them....and then being ok with it. Crazy...

On 8/5/2021 at 1:25 PM, Lago32 said:

Reading this thread just reminded me how much slack we readily give dealers in this hobby when it comes to customer service. Imagine telling someone to not worry about getting a response back from Best Buy or Walmart or Amazon or your electrician or your plumber or your doctor...because August isn't a good month for them....and then being ok with it. Crazy...

Not disagreeing, but if Walmart stiffs you, you can go down the road to Target.  With one of a kind items, your ability to go to another provider is nearly non-existent.

Imagine telling someone to not worry about getting a response back...your electrician or your plumber...because August isn't a good month for them....and then being ok with it. Crazy...

Welcome to Long Island where that's the reality of everyone I know lol 

On 8/5/2021 at 1:37 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Not disagreeing, but if Walmart stiffs you, you can go down the road to Target.  With one of a kind items, your ability to go to another provider is nearly non-existent.

I totally get the one-of-a-kind rationale, it is just mind-boggling to me that it happens. 

Edited by Lago32
Typo

When demand is high, service often is forgotten.

On 8/5/2021 at 1:32 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I've tried emailing him twice within the last 3 weeks trying to get his attention to purchase a page of OA from him if it's still available, and I just can't get a reply from him. I've got his @aol.com email address, and it's being sent from my @gmail email, so I don't see why I'd be going into his spam folder. 

Anyone else experiencing the same difficulties? Is he on holidays? 

Hi, mecha.

please PM your gmail addy to me and I will try to have Spencer contact you

On 8/5/2021 at 3:35 PM, vodou said:

Can all his fanboys now pipe in that it doesn't matter, please, because he's just so awesome 'n all. I'm impatient today and that's my favorite part ;) 

He’s so awesome ‘n all. 
Now, back to whatever else you were up to. 😊

As for me, I’ve developed an addiction to K-drama’s, K-comedies, pretty much K-anything except Special K.

Edited by Rick2you2

Some people here seem to swear by him.

But my only experience with Spencer Beck was having to email and chase him half a dozen times for a period of seven months, just to inquire whether some pieces of art on his website were available, before I got an answer. 

I’d be extremely reluctant to try to buy anything from him again. 

That's pretty much the effort it takes most times. I've gotten lucky with him a few times where it's been just a few e-mails answered over a few days to get something done, but I've had some stuff go unanswered, and I just forgot about it too. 

I think most times that he doesn't respond it's because the art has actually already been sold long ago and not updated. Those times I really don't stress it because the only thing missing is the "sorry, I don't have it" E-mail which I don't need anyway. 

On 8/6/2021 at 11:26 AM, Skizz said:

Some people here seem to swear by him.

But my only experience with Spencer Beck was having to email and chase him half a dozen times for a period of seven months, just to inquire whether some pieces of art on his website were available, before I got an answer. 

I’d be extremely reluctant to try to buy anything from him again. 

We have a store near me that sells “old stuff” called Grandma’s Attic. If you don’t mind wading through a lot of , you can find some real buys—like a good flea market. Same with Spence and his customer service. Some people like to browse, some people love to hunt, others tolerate it, and some run for the hills. Personally, I’ll browse up to a limit. Those display boxes he has at shows can drive me nuts. But, if I have the time, okay. It’s no cakewalk trying to find Phantom Stranger art worth buying.

Edited by Rick2you2