• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Jose, Ca. Comic Con Aug. 29th 2021

32 posts in this topic

1) thanks for the report!

2) Definitely happening next year. August 21 is the date for this new, annual show.

3) The crowd was free-spending and this was a great inaugural effort.

4) Definitely a Steve Wyatt show and everything was really smooth. As always, he has a great guest list and they will call it a comic fest next year which is an echo of his Big Wow Comic Fest, which is a much missed show in San Jose.

5) covid-wise, masks are required everywhere indoors here and the statewide vaccine check goes into effect Sept. 20 for events 1,000 people and up. Stockton is way more than 1,000 people and despite it being held a week before Sept. 20, they are requiring proof of vaccine or very recent covid test. This San Jose show was quite roomy and spread out--very nice vibe.

On 8/29/2021 at 7:54 PM, JWKyle said:

I never remembers theses guys booth names but they alway have great stuff

m.jpg

n.jpg

o.jpg

thats phil from champion comics in berkeley, ca. one of my favorite dealers. always fairly priced and willing to negotiate deals. 

Edited by alexgross.com

On 8/29/2021 at 7:54 PM, JWKyle said:

I never remembers theses guys booth names but they alway have great stuff

m.jpg

n.jpg

o.jpg

Looks like Phil Schlaefer of Champion Comics.  He usually shares a booth with Heroes Comics from Campbell.  Phil used to bring a fossball table to SDCC.  If you could beat him, you got a discount.  Nobody has ever beaten him.

On 9/3/2021 at 4:29 AM, Stevemmg said:

Did a google search on that. Didn’t find anything. Interest in that UK Vampirella 2 from his wall. hm

He doesn’t do social media. Marc @HouseofComics.Com or I can reach out to him if you want to send a PM. As Marc mentioned, he will be at our next Berkeley Comic Show as well (only a 3 hour flight):headbang: