• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bloated Ask Prices For Flimsy Reasons
1 1

26 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2021 at 1:28 AM, bob jr said:

never say NEVER .... anything could happen & some people have more money than brains if you know what I'm saying O.o

If that book sells for the asking price I will show my arse at the town Hall. meh

Edited by batmiesta

I remember seeing some piece of junk with the supposed first ad for some derivative, third-tier character priced at something like 40 times its reasonable value. What's even funnier is that some fool bought it!

On 8/18/2021 at 5:47 PM, Lazyboy said:

I remember seeing some piece of junk with the supposed first ad for some derivative, third-tier character priced at something like 40 times its reasonable value. What's even funnier is that some fool bought it!

I had no idea anyone needed your approval to buy whatever it is they think is cool or collectible. Live and learn, I guess.

I used to pull the cardboard insulators out of milk bottle tops. Paid $10 for 50 of them. They were what Pogs were fashioned after. They had the name of the dairy they came from and stuff. Junk to you. Treasure to my boys when they went to school and trumped the mass produced Pogs with real rarities from the 1950's. Really WHIZZED the other kids off when they wouldn't trade them off.

One mans trash is another man's treasure, yes?

On 8/18/2021 at 7:08 PM, BabyAteMyDingo said:

I had no idea anyone needed your approval to buy whatever it is they think is cool or collectible. Live and learn, I guess.

I used to pull the cardboard insulators out of milk bottle tops. Paid $10 for 50 of them. They were what Pogs were fashioned after. They had the name of the dairy they came from and stuff. Junk to you. Treasure to my boys when they went to school and trumped the mass produced Pogs with real rarities from the 1950's. Really WHIZZED the other kids off when they wouldn't trade them off.

One mans trash is another man's treasure, yes?

:screwy:

Do you understand what thread you're in? Take it up with the OP.

The only thing more absurd than the asking price, which was multiple times the sale price of any previous copies that actually sold, was the fact that somebody paid it.

On 8/18/2021 at 10:02 PM, Lazyboy said:

:screwy:

Do you understand what thread you're in? Take it up with the OP.

The only thing more absurd than the asking price, which was multiple times the sale price of any previous copies that actually sold, was the fact that somebody paid it.

Sure. I'll take it up with the OP. Why don't you link me to whatever it is you are raving about? Bet you can't. Only reason I'm calling you out is because you are mostly an "arse" to everyone you comment to. So. Show me the link to whatever you are bellyaching about. Bet you are full of it.

On 8/18/2021 at 9:14 PM, BabyAteMyDingo said:

Sure. I'll take it up with the OP. Why don't you link me to whatever it is you are raving about? Bet you can't. Only reason I'm calling you out is because you are mostly an "arse" to everyone you comment to. So. Show me the link to whatever you are bellyaching about. Bet you are full of it.

Oh, so you're just a troll. Well, thanks for publicly admitting it. (thumbsu