• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your walls
4 4

85 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2021 at 8:36 PM, Varanis said:

I feel bad this is distracting me from the fantastic art, but how do you use that electrical outlet near the ceiling and whatever would it be for?

On 8/17/2021 at 12:13 AM, NicoV said:

Maybe if you ever want to install an air conditioner?

On 8/17/2021 at 5:26 AM, Rick2you2 said:

My guess is that a room was once there, or, the attic area may have been a separate closed in space. Installation of an outlet would then be a likely building code requirement. But yes, a stand-alone AC unit is a third possibility. 

I have one idea why thats up there. The space is a separate structure from the rest of the house, but AC was my guess as well.

On 8/20/2021 at 8:56 AM, GreatEscape said:

Why stop with walls?  My gallery room has art on four walls, the door and ceiling...an oasis of OA! :fear:

F1FB3F28-CC79-4429-A0BB-C3087BCB3A49.thumb.jpeg.d067e69f2e22c02a495f4180d16bb520.jpeg

oh I see one I REALLY would love to have :baiting:when you tire of it...

Wasn't there a topic here called something like show me your framed art in the past? Hopefully it's OK to post individual pieces here instead of a gallery wall!

Anyway, here are the two newest framed pieces. My brother and I are getting into woodworking a bit, and making our own frames. First is a simply cherry frame with a large inner chamfer/taper (hard to see in the photo) for one of Tony Millionaire's portraits (this one of Yukio Mishima) from his book 500 Portraits. 

IMG_3353.thumb.jpg.9eec0b2d9e87bf25cfe201804efaf43f.jpg

Then a purple heart with curly maple inlay frame that I completely messed up the measuring on for a Harry Potter scene commission from Mike Dubisch, this one called The Cave. We bottom-weighted the matte because I screwed up so bad, and maybe will add an engraved nameplate there or possibly a copy of the chapter title page from this chapter of the book. Very happy with how the frame looks, very unhappy with my dumb measurements.

IMG_3465.thumb.jpg.11dbcad0a958e6edd32bf1a7eae657ed.jpg

Edited by evanc

Why stop with walls?  My gallery room has art on four walls, the door and ceiling...an oasis of OA! :fear:

1330678389_ComicArtCave.thumb.jpg.7cafb2a437d2385b8aeab793941aee8f.jpg

Such a small room ... but so much time spent there 

Does the chair tilt back as well as swivel?

Hope to start the MMM (Mauricio Museum Method) setup shortly myself

On 8/20/2021 at 12:17 PM, JadeGiant said:

Such a small room ... but so much time spent there 

Does the chair tilt back as well as swivel?

Hope to start the MMM (Mauricio Museum Method) setup shortly myself

I use the dino display method too...I credit him fully

F1FB3F28-CC79-4429-A0BB-C3087BCB3A49.thumb.jpeg.d067e69f2e22c02a495f4180d16bb520.jpeg

Why so small? Is it a panic room so you can lock yourself in with your art?

On 8/21/2021 at 7:43 AM, Timely said:

That’s more of a pleasure room than a panic room!:bigsmile:

True, it's got vibes of the opposite of a dentist's chair.

Just sit there & enjoy yourself!

On 8/14/2021 at 12:14 AM, Brian Peck said:

I am not a sex maniac or cross-dresser. I also collect TV and Movie props. That was a 50th B-day gift to myself. Its the 2nd Leela costume from Doctor Who (Tom Baker 4th Doctor), I purchased it directly from the actress Louise Jameson who wore it on the series.

Glad you pointed this out or I would have missed it in the picture.   As a Doctor Who fan, that is a really cool piece of memorabilia. (thumbsu

I don't have an art wall yet, but I'm working on setting one up and thought this might be a good thread to get opinions before I commit to anything. The wall should be able to hold 24 pieces if I want. I have 16 covers I know I want to display together, but wouldn't mind displaying more pieces. The installation will be semi-permanent - each piece will have 3 anchors; 2 on top and one on the bottom to prevent misalignment.  I'll be able to switch pieces around, but the mounts on the wall won't be able to be moved. All my art will be framed in the same size frames allowing for standardization and switch outs.

All that said, I've prototyped the 3 attached layouts so far. Curious what others think of this or if there are other layouts folks would suggest. I think there are a lot of pros and cons at play with anyway I put this together.

16 Total - Chronological.png

24 Total - Alternating.jpg

24 Total - Semi-Chronological.jpg