• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your walls
4 4

85 posts in this topic

On 9/18/2021 at 8:06 PM, igotnogame said:

Not perfect alignment, but here's what's hanging at the moment.

20210918_183752.jpg

20210918_183731.jpg

20210918_183653.jpg

It looks like the framer used standard sized matting even though the images were slightly different in size. That makes wall alignment difficult, at best. This raises an interesting question: to frame uniformly and adjust the mat size, if possible, with the framer, or adjust the frame size for uniform mat size. After looking at this problem you had, I am thinking the former is a better choice for those planning a wall of art.

On 9/19/2021 at 3:34 AM, Rick2you2 said:

It looks like the framer used standard sized matting even though the images were slightly different in size. That makes wall alignment difficult, at best. This raises an interesting question: to frame uniformly and adjust the mat size, if possible, with the framer, or adjust the frame size for uniform mat size. After looking at this problem you had, I am thinking the former is a better choice for those planning a wall of art.

I thought everyone did it this way. "frame uniformly and adjust the mat size"

Well, the ones with the colored mats were done years ago by different framers, so that's on me more than anything else.  Honestly, I'd probably prefer having them be redone in the same size / black and white like the other McKeans are.  Just haven't done it... yet.  (shrug)

Same thing with the Spawn / WildCATS DPS - different framer at the time it was done.

Now to lose some sleep due to this and OCD kicking in.  :grin: