• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atlas globe gone, but not yet Marvel .... post implosion issues
1 1

133 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2021 at 2:51 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Nice idea for a thread Frisco, and a good reason to show off those books :)

I'm always slightly unnerved by the copies that have a white top left triangle when zooming through searches - against a coloured cover background, they always look at first glance like they've been clipped :eek:

Capture.PNG.3b0b6915b5085890e771da8ddccb4188.PNG903263500_Captureb(2).PNG.f1adafa48934a37f078a66edf41c8193.PNG

On a similar theme, I always liked this 'pre-Marvel' Marvel corner logo from 1947 (not my copy, alas):

s-l1600.jpg.01820362ded307b0afe1c844327384ea.jpg

Thanks! I've long been enamored by this particular era in Marveldom. It's just such an interesting time in comics! Limited to 8 titles a month, such an odd mix of titles .... very cool to me. Thanks again for the props! I fully realize that this won't be a lot of people's cup of tea. Oh and likewise, it always struck me as odd that they had the white corner thing too. 

Edited by Frisco Larson

On 8/14/2021 at 9:01 AM, Frisco Larson said:

I fully realize that this won't be a lot of people's cup of tea. 

Welcome to the club Frisco! :bigsmile:

You are a model member here in my view - you post pictures of comics that you love. If three or four people like it, trust me, that's success....