• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atlas globe gone, but not yet Marvel .... post implosion issues
1 1

133 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2021 at 3:31 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Welcome to the club Frisco! :bigsmile:

You are a model member here in my view - you post pictures of comics that you love. If three or four people like it, trust me, that's success....

Thanks pal, I REALLY appreciate that!!! It's those little areas that most overlook where I happen to find fascination, for whatever reason. Let me say right back that the work you've put into the UK comics section is unparalleled!!! I dabbled in that arena on occasion, but mostly when I stumbled upon them at a show. NOW I actively seek them out! My favorite area is what I call the "circle price" covers. You've had a huge impact on me actively acquiring some of the issues that I have. I thank you ... while my wallet remains unavailable for comment. lol

On 8/14/2021 at 9:31 AM, Frisco Larson said:

July 1960 cover dated and on the stands February 29th! Cool, leap year!!! 

Tales of Suspense 10 5.5 ow-w.jpg

I can match that now, albeit with a pencer :)

10.thumb.jpg.191de5765278e10b9d068b299ff2614e.jpg

I take it you got the 'on sale' date from Mike's Comic Newsstand - in my research I've found many of those Library of Congress dates to be some months out. Typically, a book would hit the newsstand 3 months prior to the cover date. The end of Feb is five months out  for a July book - look around for actual arrival date copies and you find....

tos10.PNG.e272e150779b24948a43fa96aeb7e45a.PNG

Early April is in line with the 3 month window. 

On 8/14/2021 at 3:44 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I can match that now, albeit with a pencer :)

10.thumb.jpg.191de5765278e10b9d068b299ff2614e.jpg

I take it you got the 'on sale' date from Mike's Comic Newsstand - in my research I've found many of those Library of Congress dates to be some months out. Typically, a book would hit the newsstand 3 months prior to the cover date. The end of Feb is five months out  for a July book - look around for actual arrival date copies and you find....

tos10.PNG.e272e150779b24948a43fa96aeb7e45a.PNG

Early April is in line with the 3 month window. 

Yeah, Mike's is the only resource that I know of, so I've been using that. I've always thought that the 3 month window was kind of standard, but I also know that at that time in comics, things got weird at times, so I just chalked it up to that. Beautiful copy!!! Post those pence copies with pride!!!

Edited by Frisco Larson