• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it possible to crack, press, and regrade a CGC SS and still get a yelow label?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I'm betting the answer is no... even if the press is by CCS.

Two of three books I sent to CGC were severly damaged in transit resulting in those two getting 9.2 and 9.4 grades instead of all 9.8 (luckily the most expensive got the 9.8). Is it possible to have them resubmitted to be pressed by CCS and still get a signature series label?

(I'm also in a bit of a panic that something similar might have happened to the other 80 or so of my books sitting with CGC even though I pack extremely carefully it does seem that the post office is on a mission to destroy anything regardless of it being labelled 'fragile' or not)

If you submit them to CCS, you will be able to retain the Signature Series label, yes. You pay for grading at the Signature Series rate and the cost to press.

There are also some other approved pressers that can press Signature Series books while keeping the Signature Series label, from what I've read on this forum over the years. I can't be of any help pointing those people out for you though, as I've never used one.

On 8/14/2021 at 8:16 AM, Joe Fox said:

Thanks. If I have to pay the full signature fee again it's probably not worth doing tbh but good to know. I'll look out for those approved pressers.

You don’t have to pay the signature fee, you have to pay for signature grading.

Bad question, but why did you send in 80 books for cgc private signings (I’m assuming) when you don’t know the process to maintain a yellow label?

Edited by thesink

On 8/15/2021 at 1:13 AM, thesink said:

You don’t have to pay the signature fee, you have to pay for signature grading.

Bad question, but why did you send in 80 books for cgc private signings (I’m assuming) when you don’t know the process to maintain a yellow label?

I didn't send in 80 books for private signings. I sent in less than 20, most were regular grading and those were packaged in mailers inside another box with padding etc. so I'm sure they'll be fine, fingers crossed. And I only sent in raw books so the process to maintain a yellow label wasn't relevant. If it's just a grading fee + pressing fee then it could be worth doing since it might raise the 9.2 and 9.4 to 9.8s

On 8/14/2021 at 5:59 PM, Joe Fox said:

I didn't send in 80 books for private signings. I sent in less than 20, most were regular grading and those were packaged in mailers inside another box with padding etc. so I'm sure they'll be fine, fingers crossed. And I only sent in raw books so the process to maintain a yellow label wasn't relevant. If it's just a grading fee + pressing fee then it could be worth doing since it might raise the 9.2 and 9.4 to 9.8s

It’ll be ccs pressing fee and cgc grading fees only. Think of it like sending in any other regular book for ccs pressing (they may charge a crack fee after receiving). Right now the cost is $35.

On 8/15/2021 at 9:13 AM, thesink said:

It’ll be ccs pressing fee and cgc grading fees only. Think of it like sending in any other regular book for ccs pressing (they may charge a crack fee after receiving). Right now the cost is $35.

Thanks. I'll probably go for it at that price.