• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us what's on your Bookshelf!
3 3

309 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2021 at 7:14 PM, ThothAmon said:

8F3DEF32-EC5F-4405-9CA3-8C3BAAFC1012.jpeg

I read the Art of Walt Disney when it first came out in our local county library on a series of consecutive Saturdays. I've been looking for a copy of it ever since that wasn't horribly overpirced! And I wonder what John Adams would think of being nestled between Peanuts and R. Crumb and overshadowed by Doc Savage!!

On 8/15/2021 at 9:21 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

That's a bookshelf I would kill for! Are those originals or later editions? By the way watch the sag on those shelves I'd hate for you to find out one collapsed one day!

I noticed the sag myself, I'll be careful.

They're all early editions, with about a third being true first state copies, mostly the later writers.  The only Baum on the shelf that's a first state is the very beat up copy of Sky Island, although the Dorothy & the Wizard in Oz is a second state from around 1910.  I've got a true first of Baum's Queen Zixi of Ix as well, although that's not visible in the picture.

I really do need a better bookshelf to hold all of them, they deserve it.

On 8/15/2021 at 7:10 PM, BB-Gun said:

My paperbacks and BLB rarely make it to the bookshelves and the shelves are not as neat as some I have seen here.

51381472104_015f4fe000_b.jpg

Below Narnia there is a copy of "The Adenoviruses" that was signed by the author, Harold Ginsburg.  Unfortunately, he did not live long enough to see his work produce some of the vaccines that are saving thousands of lives daily.  

On 8/15/2021 at 4:10 PM, BB-Gun said:

My paperbacks and BLB rarely make it to the bookshelves and the shelves are not as neat as some I have seen here.

51381472104_015f4fe000_b.jpg

Good to see CS Lewis' Narnia making the cut here! My old paperback box set from the seventies is crumbling apart and is relegated to the general bookshelf in the family room. I still like to look at in now and then. One day I need to work my way through his science fiction trilogy. I tried in high school but didn't make it!