• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us what's on your Bookshelf!
3 3

309 posts in this topic

Here's the last of my three bookshelf shots. Lots of varied stuff in here.

Up on top are boxes of American Flyer aluminum passenger cars I run around the tree. Those are sweet and contemporaries of Golden Age books! The R. Crumb book is looking for a home as it is too big to fit in the bookshelf.

The first shelf contains books on the history of my hometown area and some interesting 19th century family heirlooms containing autographs of old ancestors; fun stuff to look at and it reminds you of how little of any of us survives even a single century!!

Below that is a great selection of comic reprint material; those Popeye books probably being my favorite of the bunch.The Gerber guides are of course also amazing as I look at this I realize I should add the Marvel guides to that stack. I haven't read the John Stanley biography yet but need to one of these days. I'm sure I will enjoy that.

I've got a bonus picture later inspired by Cat-Man!

Bookcase3.thumb.jpg.9b5778ec11cc0a87a411d06c49667030.jpg

On 8/16/2021 at 1:15 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

I'm being shelf-ish, just posting one at a time... :grin:

4941c6c5-5eb2-40cb-bc11-8cc145c836f0_zpsvn2k1qqj.thumb.jpg.5963fb3eae3585898d24fec29a91ecc0.jpg

:tink:

I have issue 4 and up but most of them are stored in a box.

Edited by BB-Gun

On 8/17/2021 at 9:40 PM, Scrooge said:

That's the second glimpse of your Discworld books. My first was Pyramids in ~ 1992, a couple of years after its publication. I had a ball catching up quickly after that first discovery.

That's around when I started collecting them, as well.  I've got them all in hardcover except Eric, but I've got the illustrated UK version of that which I feel is a step up from the unillustrated US hardcover.  I've even got a couple books signed by Pratchett, including a 1st edition US Good Omens signed by Gaiman as well.

I really need more bookshelves; too many of mine are just overstuffed and too many of my books are in storage.  I haven't even gotten photos of the Charles Addams hardcovers or the Arkham House books or the Big Little Books because those shelves are so messy.