• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us what's on your Bookshelf!
3 3

309 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2021 at 11:24 PM, OtherEric said:

I suppose I can show my Pogo shelf as well.  

image.jpg

Is that a complete run of the old paperbacks? I have a good number of them but not that many.

On 8/18/2021 at 8:28 AM, bobpfef said:

Is that a complete run of the old paperbacks? I have a good number of them but not that many.

More or less.  I don't have the 70's omnibuses of earlier books, and while I have a copy of Pogo for President (a small format partial reprint of I Go Pogo) it's not on that shelf.  

I actually finished this run in the early 2000's, so all the books (others than the Pogo Files for Pogophiles HC) were found in the wild.  I like that I was able to put together at least one collection that way.

On 8/17/2021 at 7:23 PM, Inaflash said:

Highly recommend “The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay”. Both are first editions. I also love reading books about cooking, chefs, restaurants etc.

1E46F7C5-0D1A-4E42-B713-504F11EBB1D6.jpeg

Yes that is a great book; I'll need to reread one of these days. I also like your 8mm camera; I used to have a nice one that took some great film. Wish I had kept it as a conversation piece.

On 8/17/2021 at 9:24 PM, OtherEric said:

I suppose I can show my Pogo shelf as well.  

image.jpg

I've started to look for these; high grade copies though. Most are surprisingly beat up and well read. The first of these I ever read was the Jack Acid Society which I found on my high school library shelf which was interesting. I don't suspect you would have found that at a private high school but I was taught by the Christian Brothers and they were fairly open minded about educational exposure.

On 8/18/2021 at 6:48 AM, Scrooge said:

You're begging for a request here. I'd love to see your messy BLBs bookshelf :wishluck:

Agreed bring on the BLB shot! The first time I saw a bunch of BLB's was my first NY comic con and one of the first dealers I happened on had boxes of them. So many wonderful spines! They were probably a buck each or something but my budget was so tight I had to pass.

On 8/18/2021 at 12:50 AM, OtherEric said:

That's around when I started collecting them, as well.

Awesome. I left my copies in France when I moved so I recollected them used over the years. Now, as I work through a slow re-read, I let the ones re-read go back free into the world. That's not making much of a dent in my bookshelves ...

On 8/19/2021 at 10:40 PM, sfcityduck said:

Coolest thing on that shelf is the Shazam from the 40s to the 70s.  I still need one of those.

Really? I would rank that around #147.

I just sold one. I will send you a PM when I get another one in.

On 8/19/2021 at 8:51 PM, MrBedrock said:

Really? I would rank that around #147.

I just sold one. I will send you a PM when I get another one in.

Not dissing those books that remind me of some of Bang Zoom's shelves, it's just I am all about nostalgia - and I was a kid when those Superman/Batman/Shazam books came out.  So PM me! 

Edited by sfcityduck