• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 (again) in the 2003 Guide?

33 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure the 9.8 sale was too late in the game to have any impact...but a year's worth of 9.4's selling for $2k (or slightly higher) should. I think we need a poll!!

This is getting really crazy, really fast. If anyone has extra mid-grade Hulk 181's, now's the time to get some extra cash.

I'm thinking that some general pulbication likely did an article on "investing in comics" and listed Hulk 181 as one of the top performers of the last decade or so. It can't be X2 hype, since this book is on a planet all its own.

Something is definitely up, as many of these buyers aren't exactly long-time collectors and have an amazing number of other collectibles in their completed auctions list.

"Ahhhhh, that Hulk 181 CGC 4.5 I paid $600 for will look good in the middle of my Beanie Baby investment. Hooo Boy, the money'll be rolling in soon!!"

Thank you - my feelings exactly.

I hate it when collectors can't get past the crazy notion that new collectors are entering the market and looking to purchase key books.

Say what you will about the Daredevil movie, X-Men, etc....they are definitely opening the doors to a whole new world of collectors...and given today's environment of a horrible stock market (except for my own MVL of course!!) and tons of media exposure on comics, it's no wonder the key books like Hulk 181 are commanding massive dollars right now on eBAY.

It's a new era boys - get used to it smile.gif

Or in the immortal words of Harry B. Thomas, predicting that Superman 75, and Valiant comics would continue to climb in value:

"One thing is for sure, this trend is here to stay. Be Warned!"

It's a new era boys - get used to it

Is that anything like the New Economy bolshevik from a few years ago? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I'm a buyer when there's blood in the streets and a seller when people start proclaiming the start of new eras... smile.gif

Gene

Was Harry commenting that the values were here to stay, or that new outside influence (the card companies/dealers at that time) were here to stay?

I think the outside influences are definitely here - just look at CGC, the coin guys and the hobby's first million dollar non-sale.