• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something is killing the Children Thread- Boom Studios
1 1

87 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2021 at 12:16 PM, Wolverinex said:

So here's the question, are they going on Hiatus after this second Arc with her origin?

I know the delay killed seven to ethernity... hopefully it doesn't with this series

I haven't heard but the spin-off series Enter the House of Slaughter is starting soon. 

On 8/18/2021 at 10:49 AM, Wolverinex said:

Nice job! Yes,  the frison cover is substantially cheaper then cover A so I'm going to pick it.  Seems like the most famous cover so far and maybe a good deal if it's used for the Netflix show.  

I'm late to the series as well. Picked up the TPBs this weekend and I'm really enjoying it.

Any thoughts from anyone on why the Frison unlocked retail variant is so much substantially less than cover A? It seems like there would be less of these than cover A.

On 8/23/2021 at 7:18 PM, p-kay14 said:

I'm late to the series as well. Picked up the TPBs this weekend and I'm really enjoying it.

Any thoughts from anyone on why the Frison unlocked retail variant is so much substantially less than cover A? It seems like there would be less of these than cover A.

I actually was shocked to see that it was cheaper than cover A . I like it so much better so I immediately bought a copy LOL. Seems a little undervalued unless there's some other reason why. It's almost 66% cheaper than cover a so is there three times more of it? If not, it's undervalued.

Edited by Wolverinex

On 8/23/2021 at 7:18 PM, p-kay14 said:

The Frison cover is almost iconic for the series. I remember last year before I knew anything about the series I did know about that cover. Eye catching

On 8/23/2021 at 8:32 PM, Wolverinex said:

I actually was shocked to see that it was cheaper than cover A . I like it so much better so I immediately bought a copy LOL. Seems a little undervalued unless there's some other reason why. It's almost 66% cheaper than cover a so is there three times more of it? If not, it's undervalued.

The other reason or reasons why is what I'm wondering about. I'm not very knowledgeable about (or very interested in) variants, but don't more limited variants (1:10, 1:25, etc) usually go for more than a cover A? This one is an unlocked retailer variant, which I believe means that a store must order a certain number of the regular issue and that "unlocks" some of these being sent. Anyone know what kind of ratio SIKTC 1 unlocked retail variant was sent at? Was it sent at 1:1 when a certain number was ordered, or was it more like 1:10? Anyone remember?

The Frison variant was just an FOC book, you didn't need to do anything to order them except order them within FOC date. It's not an incentive and isn't any rarer than the 1st print, the census shows that, 1516 copies graded of the Firson variant and 1738 of the 1st print.

The reason the Frison variant likely isn't pushing the same numbers is due to there being even more exclusive versions that people will chase, the foil edition was a store exclusive and would be far less printed and only 183 graded in the census. Then the NYCC 2019 retailer exclusive given out by Diamond, only 78 copies on the census and finally the store exclusive Bloody sword edition limited to 300 copies of which almost half have been graded, census sitting at 136 copies graded.

All the same cover art but with differences, so there are rarer version to chase with bigger price tages. While I agree the Frison is way better than CVR A I don't agree that it's harder to get. It is however the one I would buy if I needed a copy, it has room to grow, CVR A prices are way too high at the moment. So really the Frison variant is a victim of it's own success :p

On 8/24/2021 at 9:34 AM, IbukiLord said:

The Frison variant was just an FOC book, you didn't need to do anything to order them except order them within FOC date. It's not an incentive and isn't any rarer than the 1st print, the census shows that, 1516 copies graded of the Firson variant and 1738 of the 1st print.

The reason the Frison variant likely isn't pushing the same numbers is due to there being even more exclusive versions that people will chase, the foil edition was a store exclusive and would be far less printed and only 183 graded in the census. Then the NYCC 2019 retailer exclusive given out by Diamond, only 78 copies on the census and finally the store exclusive Bloody sword edition limited to 300 copies of which almost half have been graded, census sitting at 136 copies graded.

All the same cover art but with differences, so there are rarer version to chase with bigger price tages. While I agree the Frison is way better than CVR A I don't agree that it's harder to get. It is however the one I would buy if I needed a copy, it has room to grow, CVR A prices are way too high at the moment. So really the Frison variant is a victim of it's own success :p

Interesting... yeah seems really cheap compared to cover A with that info

On 8/24/2021 at 9:34 AM, IbukiLord said:

This is great. Thanks for the info! I wasn't sure what a FOC book was. Makes a lot of sense. I should have thought to look at cgc census!

Edited by p-kay14

Super cool series.  I picked up the first issue at the LCS.  Surprised the troll-flippers didn't snag every copy off the shelf when the store opened that day.  I sent my #1 in last month for a press and grade.  It's been one of the series I look forward to reading when I get my pull list.  I have the FCBD copy of the spin-off series but haven't read it yet.  I'll admit that I am a few months behind on reading my pull list books.  Life gets in the way sometimes.  

On 10/29/2021 at 5:57 AM, mec3437 said:

Super cool series.  I picked up the first issue at the LCS.  Surprised the troll-flippers didn't snag every copy off the shelf when the store opened that day.  I sent my #1 in last month for a press and grade.  It's been one of the series I look forward to reading when I get my pull list.  I have the FCBD copy of the spin-off series but haven't read it yet.  I'll admit that I am a few months behind on reading my pull list books.  Life gets in the way sometimes.  

House of Slaughter came out this week too.  I highly enjoyed this 1st issue.

I'm a huge Walking Dead fan so this is right up my alley.  I discovered the book at Issue 12 and bought TPB #1 but unfortunately didn't latch onto the single issues until recently.  I can see why there is so much optimism for this book and the art is a perfect style to establish the mood and Erica's attitude.

Regarding the covers, I consider Cover A to be the official version and I believe many other collectors do as well.   I don't have any TWD early issue 2nd prints - I don't care.  Like Brian, I'll collect the Mains and spot pick up variants that really speak to me.  I do agree with the crowd here tho... that Issue 1 Frison variant is a stunner.  And as much as I appreciate completists (good luck with this one), I consider my collection complete with Main covers.

On 10/29/2021 at 11:54 AM, RickSp said:

After all the positive word on this series I decided to get the hardcover collection that's just been released, it's a lovely looking 'absolute' style format and hopefully worthy of the story.

On 11/11/2021 at 9:29 AM, BladeTX said:

I'm a huge Walking Dead fan so this is right up my alley.  I discovered the book at Issue 12 and bought TPB #1 but unfortunately didn't latch onto the single issues until recently.  I can see why there is so much optimism for this book and the art is a perfect style to establish the mood and Erica's attitude.

Regarding the covers, I consider Cover A to be the official version and I believe many other collectors do as well.   I don't have any TWD early issue 2nd prints - I don't care.  Like Brian, I'll collect the Mains and spot pick up variants that really speak to me.  I do agree with the crowd here tho... that Issue 1 Frison variant is a stunner.  And as much as I appreciate completists (good luck with this one), I consider my collection complete with Main covers.

Sweet, that hardcover is pretty rare, no?

Glad you guys are enjoying the recommendation.  I've been slowly accumulating the Issue 1 Frison... one of my favorite covers and surely to bound up once the Netflix show comes out

On 11/11/2021 at 11:15 AM, Wolverinex said:

Sweet, that hardcover is pretty rare, no?

Glad you guys are enjoying the recommendation.  I've been slowly accumulating the Issue 1 Frison... one of my favorite covers and surely to bound up once the Netflix show comes out

Yeah the HC was heavily shorted from what I understand.  My LCS only received the 1 or 2 they had preorders for.

On 11/17/2021 at 11:47 AM, BladeTX said:

Hardcover for Issues 1-15 released yesterday.  List price is $49.99 but it's $45 on Amazon and some sellers on eBay are as low as $39 (plus shipping)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=something+is+killing+the+children+deluxe+hardcover+slipcase+edition&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

The limited one?