• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something is killing the Children Thread- Boom Studios
1 1

85 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2021 at 1:49 PM, Wolverinex said:

Anyone read this fantastic horror series?  I picked it up after the FCBD book and really enjoyed the series.  Looking forward to the new issues. 

I picked it up starting with issue 15.  I feel like I really dropped the ball on this one.

On 8/18/2021 at 8:46 AM, Crops068 said:

I picked it up starting with issue 15.  I feel like I really dropped the ball on this one.

lol You and me both, but you've picked up others :foryou: 

If there is enough issues for a tpb or volume, I might give this series a try.

I vaguely remember the LCS doing a rundown video of SIKtC on new comic book day, just saying it was picking up steam when they got to showing off the new books.

I would say that you never know on a series (unless you just read everything) unitl even after issue 5-10, cause sometimes judging by "value" is a fluke lol 

The only real way is for me to pick up to read :sumo: 

On 8/18/2021 at 9:54 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I vaguely remember the LCS doing a rundown video of SIKtC on new comic book day, just saying it was picking up steam when they got to showing off the new books.

I would say that you never know on a series (unless you just read everything) unitl even after issue 5-10, cause sometimes judging by "value" is a fluke lol 

Yes there are 3 tpb. I bought all 3 last weekend and read them in 1 day.  Really good series.  You did check it out

On 8/18/2021 at 9:14 AM, Wolverinex said:

Yes there are 3 tpb. I bought all 3 last weekend and read them in 1 day.  Really good series.  You did check it out

Thanks! I'm heading toward a LCS later today, so we'll see what they have :) 

On 8/18/2021 at 10:15 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks! I'm heading toward a LCS later today, so we'll see what they have :) 

Ok cool,  let me know if you enjoy it.  I read it blind without knowing anything about it and really enjoyed it.  It's more of a horror mystery book like the show stranger things. 

On 8/18/2021 at 8:54 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

There is 3 volumes, 1-5, 6-10, and 11-15.  Currently on issue 18 with 19 coming out the 25th.

I have actually contemplated selling my 9.6 Clone Wars #1 to fund a 9.8 SIKtC #1 and some raw issues.  But just not decided if I REALLY want to.

Side note my 2 fav covers are Quah #15 and GitD #17 -

Something is Killing the Children #15

Something is Killing the Children #17

On 8/18/2021 at 10:27 AM, Crops068 said:

There is 3 volumes, 1-5, 6-10, and 11-15.  Currently on issue 18 with 19 coming out the 25th.

I have actually contemplated selling my 9.6 Clone Wars #1 to fund a 9.8 SIKtC #1 and some raw issues.  But just not decided if I REALLY want to.

Side note my 2 fav covers are Quah #15 and GitD #17 -

Something is Killing the Children #15

Something is Killing the Children #17

That may be a really good idea. Which cover are you going to get for your first issue? I love the Frison cover 

Screenshot_20210818-103434_Brave.jpg

On 8/18/2021 at 9:36 AM, Wolverinex said:

That may be a really good idea. Which cover are you going to get for your first issue? I love the Frison cover 

That's probably the one that I could actually afford at this point lol 

I contacted the LCS and they had an Iron Man (newsie) #281 in 9.6 for only $100, they said they'd hold it for me until this afternoon, so I may only pick that up and save for the SIKtC Frison :) 

Got to take some deals while they're available and apparent haha otherwise they'll pass you by :shy: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/18/2021 at 9:36 AM, Wolverinex said:

I am generally a cover A collector unless it is an Alan Quah cover, I am a Quah fan.  #17 I bought both Cover A and the GitD, I am a sucker for the nostalgia of GitD covers. :)

On 8/18/2021 at 10:43 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's probably the one that I could actually afford at this point lol 

I contacted the LCS and they had an Iron Man (newsie) #281 in 9.6 for only $100, they said they'd hold it for me until this afternoon, so I may only pick that up and save for the SIKtC Frison :) 

Got to take some deals while they're available and apparent haha otherwise they'll pass you by :shy: 

Nice job! Yes,  the frison cover is substantially cheaper then cover A so I'm going to pick it.  Seems like the most famous cover so far and maybe a good deal if it's used for the Netflix show.  

On 8/18/2021 at 10:37 AM, Qalyar said:
On 8/18/2021 at 9:49 AM, Wolverinex said:

What's Gitd?  

Glow in the dark.

Yep GitD = Glow in the Dark as Qalyar stated. :)

Here is #17 all glowed up!

No description available.

Being that I read comics (not so much as collected as I really should have) in the 80s and 90s, GitD holds a special place in my heart thanks to covers like the Ghost Rider cover below.

Image 1 - Ghost Rider #15 (July, 1991 Marvel) - 1st glow In dark cover -

I actually picked up Nocterra #1 simply because there was a GitD cover.  And Geiger as well.  Never went past issue #1 of Nocterra, as cover A was sold out when I went to look for issue 2.  But Geiger, oh man that is a good series.

On 8/18/2021 at 11:53 AM, Qalyar said:

Also, I do have to add that SiKtC is... a really good series. I've sort of held firm to the idea that I'm not going to actively collect it (mostly because of the spec pressure on the book's value), but it's absolutely worth reading.

So you're not collecting cuz it's too expensive?

On 8/18/2021 at 10:59 AM, Wolverinex said:

So you're not collecting cuz it's too expensive?

Don't get me wrong, I own copies of this title. I just don't "collect" it in terms of variant completion or the high grade chase. Financially, I certainly could. There's, what, a half dozen or so variants that are north of 1k in 9.8 at this point, and a bunch in the mid-hundreds? Notwithstanding availability, I'm certainly capable of just buying the whole thing outright, right now... although I'm sure I'd would get some side-eye from my wife if I did that.

The thing is, these days, I just don't have as much fun chasing the stuff that everyone else is chasing. There's no real adventure to it. Every retailer knows immediately if they have SiKtC #1 NYCC or the SiKtC #5 Frison variant or whatever store exclusive. Collecting hot books is just a matter of throwing enough money at available copies more quickly than the next guy. Hell, with the adaptation in the works, those will probably even appreciate from their current values unless they screw that up somehow. But I'm an iconic black hole collector; I don't resell out of personal collection except for undercopies and the like, so I don't really care whether my books are worth 10 bucks or 10 thousand.

I have the first TPB because I caught on to the series a little late, and I read the rest off a pull list, and I let people who care about the monetary value of their collection gobble up the exclusives and variants on this one.

On 8/18/2021 at 3:14 PM, Juno Beach said:

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to create this thread. I've been collecting since the first issue and can honestly say it's my favourite monthly comic right now. 

So here's the question, are they going on Hiatus after this second Arc with her origin?

I know the delay killed seven to ethernity... hopefully it doesn't with this series