• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Universal's FAST & FURIOUS 10 - FAST X (2023)
1 1

78 posts in this topic

In a new interview with CNN, Johnson responded to the request, criticizing Diesel for voicing an invite on social media after the two had already reached an agreement in private.

“I told [Diesel] directly that I would not be returning to the franchise. I was firm yet cordial with my words and said that I would always be supportive of the cast and always root for the franchise to be successful, but that there was no chance I would return,” Johnson explained. “Vin’s recent public post was an example of his manipulation. I didn’t like that he brought up his children in the post, as well as Paul Walker’s death. Leave them out of it. We had spoken months ago about this and came to a clear understanding.”

Fast 10 has found its new director.

Louis Leterrier, the helmer behind Now You See Me and several Transporter action movies, is the studio’s choice to take over the movie and replace director Justin Lin, the filmmaker who abruptly left the job just days into shooting.

Details and deals still need to be worked out but if pieces all come together, the movie could be back on track in a matter of days.

“With the support of Universal, I have made the difficult decision to step back as director of Fast X, while remaining with the project as a producer,” Lin, who co-wrote the film with Dan Mazeau, had said in a statement posted to the franchise’s official Twitter account. “Over 10 years and five films, we have been able to shoot the best actors, the best stunts and the best damn car chases. On a personal note, as the child of Asian immigrants, I am proud of helping to build the most diverse franchise in movie history. I will forever be grateful to the amazing cast, crew and studio for their support, and for welcoming me into the Fast family.”

Right now Dwayne is smiling and pouring himself a nice glass of Teremana Tequila on his birthday today. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/justin-lin-reportedly-exited-fast-161933032.html

The post Justin Lin Exited Fast and Furious 10 Over Vin Diesel’s Poor On-Set Behavior: Report appeared first on Consequence.

Last week, director Justin Lin made the shocking decision to step away from directing the 10th Fast and Furious film, a move that is now being blamed on star Vin Diesel’s “difficult” behavior on set.

Lin left the project less than two weeks into filming, forcing Universal to pause production while it scrambles for a replacement at an estimated cost of $600,000 to $1 million a day. According to the New York Daily News, the filmmaker had simply had enough of Diesel’s unprofessionalism. “Diesel shows up late to the set. He doesn’t know his lines,” said an unnamed source. “And he shows up out of shape.”

The franchise star must have really pushed Lin to his limits, as the director left behind a “$10 or $20 million” payday by exiting the movie. What’s more, Lin was meant to direct both Fast X and Fast 11, set to be the final entry in the lucrative series, a job which is now obviously in question. It all brings an abrupt end to Lin’s longtime involvement in Fast and Furious, as he helmed five entires in the series, including the franchise-revitalizing Fast Five in 2011 and last year’s F9.

This is not the first time Diesel’s work relationships have apparently impacted the Fast franchise. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson infamously refused to return to the main series after 2017’s The Fate of the Furious due to a beef with Diesel, instead starring in the Hobbs & Shaw spinoff alongside Jason Statham. Johnson most recently rejected a public plea from Diesel to rejoin the Fast team, calling his former costar’s social media post “manipulation.”

“No one is dissing Vin Diesel on the record, but everyone knows,” said the Daily News’ source.

A replacement for Lin has yet to be announced, meaning the cast of Jason Mommoa, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Jordana Brewster, Charlize Theron, and newly added Brie Larson are all in limbo. Fast X is targeting a May 19th, 2023 release, so Universal is now in a race with itself to find a new director to steer this seemingly fractured family. Update, 12:45 p.m. ET: Deadline has it that Universal has indeed lined up a replacement: Louis Leterrier. While a deal has yet to be finalized as scheduling issues are worked on, the studio reportedly has the Now You See Me filmmaker at the top of their list.

Leterrier has plenty of blockbuster chops, having helmed the first Now You See Me movie, as well as The Incredible Hulk, The Transporter and Transporter 2, Clash of the Titans, and Netflix’s The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance series.

On 1/12/2023 at 8:27 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'll never forget this pinnacle of writing from FF7:

The series has been a train-wreck since Tokyo Drift, but was still somewhat watchable thru the 6th one.

Agreed. I can watch the first one most easily if I have to, though.