• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s discuss Frenz Sinnott Thor Art drop 8.17 What the heck happened?????
1 1

44 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2021 at 2:42 AM, O. said:

Adding to the appreciation, Thor #387 cover:

Amazing!

Is it just pencils?

Anyone have any Frenz Surfer pages? There was some great stuff in SS #32 I think, fill in issue.

I while back I executed a large purge, keeping only my core interests. I intended to sell my Frenz Thor page, but the only data I could find ( I’m admittedly not a good finder of OA data) had pages like mine going for a couple hundred. 
D854CB00-4AA5-4684-A030-4FCF4FF64A90.thumb.jpeg.153e1fd5437a8e0591cdabbc31cf0393.jpeg

Glad I decided to keep it.

On 8/19/2021 at 6:53 AM, KirbyJack said:

I while back I executed a large purge, keeping only my core interests. I intended to sell my Frenz Thor page, but the only data I could find ( I’m admittedly not a good finder of OA data) had pages like mine going for a couple hundred. 
D854CB00-4AA5-4684-A030-4FCF4FF64A90.thumb.jpeg.153e1fd5437a8e0591cdabbc31cf0393.jpeg

Glad I decided to keep it.

Good choice. 😁👍🏼 I’m definitely a hold on those kinds of A pages. I have one other page that leads to yours (and the one I got was an arc lead-in to mine). It’s all great art, and in-keeping with the Kirby Thor style of storytelling.

I like that this is turning into a Frenz appreciation thread. Here’s my other page, too.

7E8DAD77-5F78-4ECA-B308-0B9CC918D59B.thumb.jpeg.355b9713e83253c95813a30336664863.jpeg 

Edited by Latverian Tourism Board
Old page in cache

On 8/19/2021 at 8:24 AM, Carlo M said:

I have not read those Thor issues by Frenz and Sinnott but I have to admit the art looks great. Are the stories any good? Any particular issues worth tracking  down ? 
carlo 

I was a big fan of his whole run. Lots of Negative Zone, Wrecking Crew, Kirby style myth and sci-fi. The arc I’m posting was a fun one with Odin, the Negative Zone, High Evolutionary, and Ego. It’s hard to go wrong. 

On 8/19/2021 at 5:07 AM, Twanj said:

Amazing!

Is it just pencils?

Anyone have any Frenz Surfer pages? There was some great stuff in SS #32 I think, fill in issue.

My friend owns the DPS SS #32 and will never sell. He’s allergic to money when it comes to the Silver Surfer 😂 

On 8/20/2021 at 12:13 PM, zhamlau said:

I picked up a pile of Thor Frenz pages in the last few months, but this one stood out to me.

ThorHA426.thumb.jpg.7d915c0d2aa12ad81327fd53fd3713db.jpg

Same here until someone pulled a coollines on me.

On 8/20/2021 at 11:03 PM, AnkurJ said:

Same here until someone pulled a coollines on me.

Yeah he just had to be talked into it when he needed cash it seemed. I should have taken a stab at that Neal adams xmen page he had.

I love Frenz Thor and I'm glad to see it getting the love it has deserved. I also see more and more Thor art rising in value as of late; Used to be, Thor art was just a little cheaper than Hulk art (Thor and Hulk art collectors have been notoriously cheap when buying the art of their favorite heroes), but they are both on the rise.