• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was there an "Edgar Church" for pulps?

36 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2021 at 8:44 PM, Robot Man said:

Got this pulp from David T Alexander several years ago. He claimed it was a file copy from the pulp author Art Lawson. He bought it directly from his estate. He had many of them but I was drawn to this one because of it's excellent Halloween cover. Pages are about as white as any pulp I've ever owned. Looks un-read...

pulprangelandromances.jpg

That's a beauty  

On 8/26/2021 at 10:25 AM, detective35 said:

There were many Yakima pulps sold by family members before Dave bought the large group at a later date.

I was told by people who purchased them that it was kind of a free for all by the family members taking groups of pulps on their own

Dave leaves out that small detail in his article. He makes it sound like he discovered the collection and purchased it en toto.

Edited by Sarg
typo

Speaking of Edgar Church, a collection of his pulps is coming up for sale on HA in a few weeks.

Edited by waaaghboss

On 5/10/2022 at 2:26 AM, detective35 said:

Strasser Collection is definitely the top Pedigree when it comes to pulp pedigrees.

They can easily be identified and there were between 1700 - 1800 of them in the collection in high grade, spanning from December 1933 to November 1939.

I will expand on this collection in detail in the future, as I'm putting the finishing touches on researching it to get precise accurate updated information.

I wish someone would start a thread on just the Strasser Collection. The most mysterious of all pedigrees?

On 3/18/2024 at 7:50 PM, detective35 said:

At some point, I will do a thread all the information is being submitted to Matt.

All I can say is this Strasser collection is what would be the equivalent of the mile high collection in Comics and it's not even close.

I've extensive research literally hundreds of hours on the Strasser collection and I've done research on the Yakima collection primarily on the earlier issues that were distributed by family members.

As far as the Strasser go, I put a few more examples on the all due to a pulp thread, but I'll throw a few more on right now of Strassers

I have the majority Strosser in the shadow run missing only about a dozen around 120 of them and about 260 in total.

IMG_9222.jpeg

This Clues, whoa  :whatthe: