• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulp sales discussion thread
6 6

369 posts in this topic

On 3/18/2022 at 12:18 AM, Joshua33 said:

Let's hear some guesses for the hammer price for the All Story Tarzan. Beat but Complete!!! Closes in 20 some odd says at Heritage... Go!

lf (32).jpeg

How about a little glue at the spine 

On 3/20/2022 at 9:59 AM, Joshua33 said:

A little low grade for what I'm going after, but 3 tough shudder pulps just showed up on the Bay with Offer features and not too crazy prices, if anybody's looking...

Screenshot_20220320-094958_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220320-095013_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220320-095026_eBay.jpg

My lowball offer is sent :whistle:

Might go higher, but do these look a bit faded?

One thing I find im really appreciating is how vibrant the color on the cover is.  I have a number of books where one copy in the run is structurally sound but has fading, and another issue is trimmed or glued or w/e, but with vibrant coloring that looks fresh, and I'm finding I really prefer the vibrant color over the structurally sound books.  If that makes any sense.

On 3/20/2022 at 12:00 PM, waaaghboss said:

One thing I find im really appreciating is how vibrant the color on the cover is.  I have a number of books where one copy in the run is structurally sound but has fading, and another issue is trimmed or glued or w/e, but with vibrant coloring that looks fresh, and I'm finding I really prefer the vibrant color over the structurally sound books.  If that makes any sense.

Eye appeal is tough to get over.

On 3/20/2022 at 3:00 PM, waaaghboss said:

Makes total sense. I'm sure all the Veterans on here figured that out long ago. Eye popping color is... eye popping!:cheers:

I found a new way to save money today, forget your password as an auction starts for a site who's password recovery doesn't seem to work xD

Anyone pick up anything from the AH auction today?  Some cool books, but nothing big hitting as some of the previous auctions.  Several books like the 06/37 Spider expired with no bids.  It wasn't in the greatest shape but I figured a few people would take a stab.  That Lone Ranger and Dime Mystery were :x :flamethrower:

Edited by waaaghboss

On 3/25/2022 at 9:32 PM, waaaghboss said:

I found a new way to save money today, forget your password as an auction starts for a site who's password recovery doesn't seem to work xD

Anyone pick up anything from the AH auction today?  Some cool books, but nothing big hitting as some of the previous auctions.  Several books like the 06/37 Spider expired with no bids.  It wasn't in the greatest shape but I figured a few people would take a stab.  That Lone Ranger and Dime Mystery were :x :flamethrower:

Slimmer pickings than usual. I only bid on one book and lost out, usually I bid on around 10 and win a couple.

On 3/25/2022 at 9:32 PM, waaaghboss said:

Just got one. Definitely not as good an auction as the previous ones.

On 4/7/2022 at 6:58 PM, Joshua33 said:

So 48k on the HA All Story, including buyer premium. Not too crazy. A little high, but not too crazy...

When I first joined the boards that could have gotten you a lower grade Action #1

The auction images for this year's Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention (May 6-8, 2022 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center) are being loaded in the next few days to our website (www.windycitypulpandpaper.com). The first 100 lots for Friday are on there now, and instructions on how to bid are at the website's first Friday night auction page.  In the meantime, you can download or view the catalog and the images here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hpby1vfm8mh1u13/AAD5FO0PIWrw4zci6avaegxca?dl=0

Hope this OK to post here but thought some of you folks might be interested. Starting tomorrow and for the next few days, I will be posting two boxes of pulps for sale in the GA Sales thread. A little of everything genre wise. Some fun stuff included. Might want to take a look as they roll out. Thanks!

Edited by Robot Man

On 4/24/2022 at 8:04 PM, OtherEric said:

This thread is more for discussing sales that have happened.  Suggestions for a clearer thread title welcome.  Announcements about sales go over here:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/474900-pulp-sellingtrading-thread-only/

In that case, more notable sales on the Bay, the last couple days. 

Screenshot_20220427-212452_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220427-212510_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220427-212849_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220427-212900_eBay.jpg

Don't suppose anyone here picked up the 1930 Astounding set that sold by the same seller? I thought the starting price was a bit high, but now I regret not going for it...

On 4/28/2022 at 9:31 AM, htp said:

Don't suppose anyone here picked up the 1930 Astounding set that sold by the same seller? I thought the starting price was a bit high, but now I regret not going for it...

No, was trying for the low grade planets lol.  Now got my eye on some of the girlie mags.  One I sort of want, but trying to figure out if the cover is married or not.