• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulp sales discussion thread
6 6

369 posts in this topic

On 2/10/2022 at 8:27 PM, Joshua33 said:

Yeah, I stayed away from the auction altogether. It's a shame, there were a couple Spiders in there I really wanted, but I refuse to buy ANYTHING raw from Metropolis.

I got the 3rd issue, moldy and ripped to shreds.  They can't disappoint me with that one lol.

On 2/11/2022 at 9:11 AM, buttock said:

Incidentally this was heavily trimmed and returned. 

Interesting.  I'm reading the description and the seller has a line about it not being trimmed because the bottom of the book is even from front to spine to back, thus it's short from manufacturing.  I'm not that familiar with these kinds of defects, but that sounds like an odd way to claim something isn't trimmed. 

On 2/11/2022 at 11:31 AM, waaaghboss said:

Interesting.  I'm reading the description and the seller has a line about it not being trimmed because the bottom of the book is even from front to spine to back, thus it's short from manufacturing.  I'm not that familiar with these kinds of defects, but that sounds like an odd way to claim something isn't trimmed. 

The bottom wasn't, but that shifted the whole cover up and the top was trimmed very poorly.  

On 2/11/2022 at 9:11 AM, buttock said:

Incidentally this was heavily trimmed and returned. 

What a bummer! That guys a good seller, too!!! I bought a couple books from him without issue. I'm sorry to hear that. I'll have to go look back at the pics of that one...

Just looked that's right, I remember the 15 cent being cut off on the top, and laid off it. Didn't know you bought it. At least you got your Money back.

Edited by Joshua33
Spell

On 2/12/2022 at 11:07 AM, Joshua33 said:

Ok, so who bought what from the Ebay shudder pulp sale this morning?

Had them all watched, decided to pass since the prices got up a bit higher than I could afford after that commicconnect auction. 

Also lost the gay Parisienne I wanted by a few bucks, just not my day 😢 

Screenshot_20220212-144838_eBay.jpg

Edited by waaaghboss

On 2/12/2022 at 3:16 PM, Joshua33 said:

If that Gay Parisienne or the Bedtime Stories today were in vf or better, there woulda been no stopping me. Condition qasnt there, but both beautiful books.

Yah it kind of held me back a bit.  Bookery has the run as common, but this cover is in the photo lineup in his guide and really stands out. 

On 2/20/2022 at 4:20 PM, Bookery said:

So.... need some advice.  If I were to produce a 4th guide, would you guys suggest I raise my prices... what, maybe 10% or so?

Please just do a paperback price guide :grin:It's the last refuge of the true collector and one that actually concentrated on identifying classic cover artists correctly has never been done. :headbang: