• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions, Jim Halperin and Market Manipulation
8 8

202 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2021 at 12:33 AM, kav said:

any dragon's lair fans?  when that came out it was the first video game of its kind.  
image.jpeg.d889a815bd39e617ad70127c3669e531.jpegimage.jpeg.3e383011752086b6c2ab6c13d88850f0.jpeg

Yep. They used to have big monitors all around it so people could watch. That and Space Ace. 

On 8/25/2021 at 9:41 PM, wombat said:

Yep. They used to have big monitors all around it so people could watch. That and Space Ace. 

It was super popular but took 2 quarters and the learning curve was steep so I only played maybe 3 times.  Had some buddies that got pretty far but none got the princess.  
10 Dragon's Lair Princess Daphne Drawings & Art ideas | dragon's lair,  drawings, daphne

On 8/26/2021 at 12:44 AM, kav said:

It was super popular but took 2 quarters and the learning curve was steep so I only played maybe 3 times.  Had some buddies that got pretty far but none got the princess.  
10 Dragon's Lair Princess Daphne Drawings & Art ideas | dragon's lair,  drawings, daphne

I only played a few times. I wasn't very good at it. 

On 8/25/2021 at 9:45 PM, wombat said:

I only played a few times. I wasn't very good at it. 

yup
image.jpeg.98a4c5b91d52310b0f9e6c95d7575102.jpegimage.jpeg.f43aaa663abeac55e9f043faa683711c.jpeg 

Edited by kav

I remember the very early days of D & D computer games-no graphics just sentences like "You see a crystal ball on a pedestal".  These were programmed by various buddies.

lol my school Mates and myself pwned dragon's lair.

Got too good that we'd look at the start of the scene to determine if it was normal or mirror imaged and we'd look away from the screen and move correctly the moves till completed then do it again.

We'd get to the princess and throw away the four lives and rescue the princess with the fifth. As when you rescue the princess it was automatically game over and up come the credits and you don't play with the lives you still have