• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions, Jim Halperin and Market Manipulation
8 8

202 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2021 at 1:47 AM, valiantman said:

I thought about starting a company to grade and encapsulate graders, but then I realized it didn't have to be just graders, it could be anyone.  I also realized that people might be sensitive about what "grades" are used, since no one wants to be called a 3.0 on a 10 point scale, so I'm going to use grades like "Loving Father" and "Cherished Mother and Grandmother".  Every slab will also show the date of encapsulation.

Makes sense. Got a pacemaker? Sorry, you get a 'Restored' grade. 

On 8/26/2021 at 10:50 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:
On 8/26/2021 at 10:47 AM, valiantman said:

I thought about starting a company to grade and encapsulate graders, but then I realized it didn't have to be just graders, it could be anyone.  I also realized that people might be sensitive about what "grades" are used, since no one wants to be called a 3.0 on a 10 point scale, so I'm going to use grades like "Loving Father" and "Cherished Mother and Grandmother".  Every slab will also show the date of encapsulation.

Makes sense. Got a pacemaker? Sorry, you get a 'Restored' grade. 

Not "Restored", you have to be more sensitive... particularly with people who had a lot of plastic restoration done.  "Restored" would be "Enriched" and you just avoid words like "Genuine".

On 8/26/2021 at 10:43 AM, Transplant said:

I am starting a company to grade and encapsulate arcade games.  Not cartridges.  Actual, standup cabinets.  

Be prepared for "My name is Theo, have you met my attorney Mitch?"

On 8/26/2021 at 8:47 AM, valiantman said:

It's a great idea, so long as you don't include any air holes.

On 8/26/2021 at 10:47 AM, valiantman said:

Thought some people were already into encapsulation.. 

14394288-7106893-The_results_of_the_challenge_are_even_more_obvious_with_a_clear_-a-72_1559739949994.jpg.24d28f4989478f787de317fc1a536f68.jpg

Besides better to just Mylar them so you can take them out to enjoy them . vacuum-packed-japanese-couples-3.jpg.970b2fb88460fbf3649669e924cd1366.jpg

On 8/26/2021 at 11:37 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Ghost and goblins was one of the best arcade games.  And I spent way too much time playing elevator action....(:

I would argue TMNT scrollers were the best.

I do own the Ghost and Goblins arcade, and even with unlimited lives and/or continues I get to the same spot in level 3 and get stuck!

I think it is the limited time to play that is my problem :tonofbricks: