• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2021 at 1:01 AM, aardvark88 said:

the Action 1 of resealed videotapes

Thought this was actually between :

3. Tales From the QuadeaD Zone

Highest sale $3,500

2. The Great American Bash

Highest sale just under $6,000

1. ( if you believe this wasn't money laundering or came with some of whatever the purchasers favorite choice of drug) 

Several of the " Black Diamond " Disney VHS tapes .

Beauty and the Beast.

Mulan

Etc.. 

Highest sales $15,000

(But many higher asking prices.) :roflmao:

If only they were true sales. :roflmao:

Spoiler

20210824_015130.thumb.jpg.d172aad18af9c2c326c485b5ce0a6788.jpg

On 8/24/2021 at 2:07 AM, Buzzetta said:

Don't even get me started.  I was about to take my used shoe sales to the next level. 

You can always create NFT's of them. I hear those are doing really well. (thumbsu

On 8/24/2021 at 3:17 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

You can always create NFT's of them. I hear those are doing really well. (thumbsu

It was actually the idea of a friend of mine that knows about the end of the year shoe sales.  She said, two pairs of feet, inflatable pool, chocolate syrup = apt in Miami.  lol 

perhaps it's telling that CGC doesn't include Heritage sales in GPA (for example, that $2K Iron-Man 150 doesn't show up...)

but the whole thing goes to show it's relatively easy to make money if you are willing to deceive and cheat. The bigger question is: is this actually illegal? If not, why doesn't the AG of Texas do something? I don't feel that the video adequately address those questions.

On 8/23/2021 at 10:16 PM, Wolverinex said:

The video creator just pinned this statement:

Pinned by Karl Jobst
These people have a lot of power and money, so let's hope they don't attack me for this. A lot of people talk about money laundering but I didn't go into it because it's all pure speculation. Money laundering doesn't CAUSE bubbles. People can take advantage of a bubble that exists, but it's not the root cause. I just focused on what I could prove.

Karl is wrong on this one.

Money Laundering can absolutely cause bubbles. And it has in fine art and real estate as prime examples.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:32 AM, amatta said:

perhaps it's telling that CGC doesn't include Heritage sales in GPA (for example, that $2K Iron-Man 150 doesn't show up...)

but the whole thing goes to show it's relatively easy to make money if you are willing to deceive and cheat. The bigger question is: is this actually illegal? If not, why doesn't the AG of Texas do something? I don't feel that the video adequately address those questions.

Ken Paxton is the Texas AG.
He's being investigated by the FBI for corruption. He's also being looked at by the Texas State Bar.
You think he gives a >bleep< about something like this?

On 8/24/2021 at 10:32 AM, amatta said:

That's not a CGC thing is it?

On 8/24/2021 at 3:07 AM, Buzzetta said:

Don't even get me started.  I was about to take my used shoe sales to the next level. 

I know guys who will sleep on the sidewalk outside a shoe store waiting for the new release.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Lol.  Everyone knows CGC "Consultant" [not employee and therefore exempted from the (DOES IT EVEN EXIST ANY MORE?) policy of CGC employees being prohibited from commercial buying/selling of CGC graded books :roflmao:] Mark Haspel was buying droves of videogames leading up to the launch of WATA.  No different than seeing him work at/for CGC during the week and filling a briefcase with books at comic shows on weekends.  

You only need to watch 25 seconds of that video to understand that there is fraud and deception going on with sealed games, Wata, Heritage.. Even thou I am on the gamer/ game collector side on this versus Wata, Heritage. People like Pat The Nes Punk or those youtubers are almost as bad. Pat is just mad that no one cares about his complete loose Nes collection or his Nintendo world championships carts. I bet the other commentators had also some hidden agenda that they are trying to push.

Which I think would be nice if there would be a retro game grading service which:
1. graders would open the cart and check the pcbs
2. graders would test the game
3. graders would remove battery if there is one (like some Snes games etc)
4. graders would check that the game has everything manual, maps, poster etc.
5. graders would grade everything and the slabbed it. 

On 8/23/2021 at 8:21 PM, Wolverinex said:

@valiantman  What do you think  about this video with Rally Rd showing up?

On 8/23/2021 at 8:42 PM, mattn792 said:

First thing I thought of once Rally was mentioned -- valiantman is gonna be pissed.

Nah, Rally was one-third of one sentence about buying shares in the asset, but not having physical ownership.  That's a concept worthy of its own 52 minute video, not 15 seconds in this one.lol

Bottom line, though, if you put $100 into Rally (or Otis, or Mythic Markets) you might lose $100 on a comic, card, video game, jersey, exotic car, 1st edition novel, or any other item, but you won't lose more than $100.

You certainly won't lose $8,000 like buying a whole WATA Atari Spider-Man for $9,000 in 2020 and seeing it sell for $8,000 less in 2021. :whatthe: