• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have these packs been resealed?

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was feeling nostalgic recently with all the hype around Pokémon and decided to buy a Chilling Reigns Elite trainer box from eBay which was advertised as sealed and new. When I got the package and got to the packs themselves I became a little suspicious. I don't know a lot about being able to tell if a pack has been resealed but I noticed that all of them had glue residue on the top front of the packs which I recall being a sign of the pack being tampered with. 

Spoiler

20210823_150624.thumb.jpg.e022028f8024a731e198d91adfd04677.jpg

Another thing I noticed but didn't take a pick of was that a lot of the packs had their crimp already loose in the back. Looking at the cards themselves more than a few of them seem to have issues too with them have white edge markson the back or nicked corners which doesn't make sense for pack fresh cards unless the batch had a quality control issue which isn't unheard of.

I was also able to pull this trainer full art rainbow rare but think it's probably fake if the packs were resealed but don't know enough to test if a card is fake or not. All I could say is that it feels thin but don't have any recent guaranteed real cards to compare it to. It does have a texture on the front though.

Spoiler

20210823_155203.thumb.jpg.9ab110697486aeb346000c3dc9b2ea36.jpg

Thanks

On 8/23/2021 at 4:25 PM, DeadpoolJr. said:

Hello,

I was feeling nostalgic recently with all the hype around Pokémon and decided to buy a Chilling Reigns Elite trainer box from eBay which was advertised as sealed and new. When I got the package and got to the packs themselves I became a little suspicious. I don't know a lot about being able to tell if a pack has been resealed but I noticed that all of them had glue residue on the top front of the packs which I recall being a sign of the pack being tampered with. 

Hide contents

20210823_150624.thumb.jpg.e022028f8024a731e198d91adfd04677.jpg

Another thing I noticed but didn't take a pick of was that a lot of the packs had their crimp already loose in the back. Looking at the cards themselves more than a few of them seem to have issues too with them have white edge markson the back or nicked corners which doesn't make sense for pack fresh cards unless the batch had a quality control issue which isn't unheard of.

I was also able to pull this trainer full art rainbow rare but think it's probably fake if the packs were resealed but don't know enough to test if a card is fake or not. All I could say is that it feels thin but don't have any recent guaranteed real cards to compare it to. It does have a texture on the front though.

Hide contents

20210823_155203.thumb.jpg.9ab110697486aeb346000c3dc9b2ea36.jpg

Thanks

everything looks perfectly fine to me. the chance for it being resealed is also extremely low if it comes out of an etb. Also, pack fresh cards having a lot of whitening is completely normal, it could have had a rough time shipping and the packs could have moved around inside the etb.

Amazon is notorious for resealed product. And YES even ETBs and blister packs can and are being resealed.  Other than DO NOT use Amazon for tcg purchases the best advice I can give is to look at the list of sellers offering the item you want and choose one with a high number of reviews and a 100% (or as close as possible) rating, even if you have to pay a little more because remember you get what you pay for.

On 8/27/2021 at 6:16 AM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I don't think anyone in their right mind would reseal chilling reigns. Those packs go for under MSRP, or sit on a shelf forever as the set is so poor.

Well you, my friend would be shocked to know that it does happen.  I got a battle styles booster box and it had been tampered with and resealed, both the booster box as well as the individual packs within.. and IMO that is an even less appealing than chilling reigns.. curious tho, where are these shelves that product is just sitting on and going stale?? Because from what I see both those sets and just about 98% of everything else is constantly sold out everywhere.

On 9/9/2021 at 5:42 AM, Danny Dabberino said:

Well you, my friend would be shocked to know that it does happen.  I got a battle styles booster box and it had been tampered with and resealed, both the booster box as well as the individual packs within.. and IMO that is an even less appealing than chilling reigns.. curious tho, where are these shelves that product is just sitting on and going stale?? Because from what I see both those sets and just about 98% of everything else is constantly sold out everywhere.

I see battle styles, chilling reigns on the shelf at Walmarts near me. No one touches them, so they have been here since they were put out. I think there's almost a full display box of vivid voltage still sitting there since the last wave as well.