• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When does "Turnaround Time" kick in?
1 1

27 posts in this topic

I have some books that were received on 4/23 and 4/26, different tiers, but mostly moderns that are still there, the last of them finally made it to ccs on 9/8 and I am awaiting for that process to complete so they can go to grading wait.

I have received 4 books back from CGC pressed and graded but the order they returned was a shoot, 2 where standard tiers with pressing and grading, 1 was a MFT with pressing and grading and 1 was a chromium book that was just graded. 7/17, 7/28, 8/10, and 8/23.

So I still have 1 standard, 1 Economy FT and 9 more MFT that I am waiting on. all from the April date. I have given up trying to figure out when they will be done, I just keep checking on them week to week as that's about all I can do at this point.

On 10/12/2021 at 10:24 AM, ickwinzs said:

I have some books that were received on 4/23 and 4/26, different tiers, but mostly moderns that are still there, the last of them finally made it to ccs on 9/8 and I am awaiting for that process to complete so they can go to grading wait.

I have received 4 books back from CGC pressed and graded but the order they returned was a shoot, 2 where standard tiers with pressing and grading, 1 was a MFT with pressing and grading and 1 was a chromium book that was just graded. 7/17, 7/28, 8/10, and 8/23.

So I still have 1 standard, 1 Economy FT and 9 more MFT that I am waiting on. all from the April date. I have given up trying to figure out when they will be done, I just keep checking on them week to week as that's about all I can do at this point.

Nothing against their CCS but I would recommend that you find someone outside CGC to do your pressing. Their turnaround time is just so long even if you fast track it is still over 100 days. Then it goes to grading for another 50 to 100 days depending on what you paid for. I have one book that I have shipped to CCS and it was before I figured out I can get a great cleaning and pressing by any one of a dozen different companies. I actually have 5 open orders right now and another 5 on the way. plus I have a box of 27 books waiting to go get cleaned and pressed and then processed. Waiting until I get back from vacation to send those. Good Luck!

On 10/14/2021 at 10:13 AM, cklamer said:

Nothing against their CCS but I would recommend that you find someone outside CGC to do your pressing. Their turnaround time is just so long even if you fast track it is still over 100 days. Then it goes to grading for another 50 to 100 days depending on what you paid for. I have one book that I have shipped to CCS and it was before I figured out I can get a great cleaning and pressing by any one of a dozen different companies. I actually have 5 open orders right now and another 5 on the way. plus I have a box of 27 books waiting to go get cleaned and pressed and then processed. Waiting until I get back from vacation to send those. Good Luck!

I also have books being pressed by another 3rd party that they have had since may and they have not been worked on yet so the pressing turnaround is really about the same between the 2.

Just to give info to others, my Modern tier books were delivered on May 1, checked in on June 22 and have been listed as "Scheduled for Grading" since that date.  When I shipped the books the TAT was listed as 57 days.  If there are 20 working days a month, I am now at 110 days and they still have not even been graded...

Well officially confused on my orders. They have skipped over my order that has been there since 05/28/21 and it was opened on 07/30/21 and are in the process of grading my order that was dropped off in person on 07/09/21. The order listed below will be at 120 working days this Friday 11/12/21.

Submission #3891163

Order #: CGC9934623112
Received: 7/30/21

001             Amazing Spider-Man 344 2/91 Marvel Comics
002             House of X 1 9/19 Marvel Comics Granov ""Virgin"" Edition
003             Invincible 1 12/03 Image Comics Limited Edition
004             Thor 1 12/14 Marvel Comics
005             Mighty Thor 1 1/16 Marvel Comics Dauterman Variant Cover
006             Mighty Thor 705 5/18 Marvel Comics Lau ""Virgin"" Edition
007             DIE!namite 1 2020 Dynamite Entertainment Scorpion Comics Edition B
008            Vampirella/Dejah Thoris 1 2018 Dynamite Entertainment Variant Cover S
009           Venom vs. Carnage 1 9/04 Marvel Comics
010            X-Men: Red 1 4/18 Marvel Comics Unknown Comics Edition

So I get a response back via email from CGC and the response to my question about my order that is at 120 days is it could possibly be another 40 to 50 days to process. So what they say is the estimated time listed is pretty much a guess and you will get your books back when they show up at your door. I mean what happened to hiring 500 people and getting this back to a reasonable time frame. 

But they have already processed a later order which makes no sense at all. Also I am very good at grading books and I don't tend to send books that have any kind of major issues. I mainly send books that will grade 9.0 or above. So I have one book coming back that graded 6.0 and I know what I shipped and the book was cleaned and pressed just to make sure it was at least a 9.6 or better and it got a grade of 6.0 which tells me my book was damaged while at CGC. Been grading books for 25-30 years and I know obvious damage. 

So here is my recommendation to everyone scan every book you send out because if it has more damage than when you shipped it you have proof.

On 11/11/2021 at 4:17 PM, cklamer said:

So I get a response back via email from CGC and the response to my question about my order that is at 120 days is it could possibly be another 40 to 50 days to process. So what they say is the estimated time listed is pretty much a guess and you will get your books back when they show up at your door. I mean what happened to hiring 500 people and getting this back to a reasonable time frame. 

But they have already processed a later order which makes no sense at all. Also I am very good at grading books and I don't tend to send books that have any kind of major issues. I mainly send books that will grade 9.0 or above. So I have one book coming back that graded 6.0 and I know what I shipped and the book was cleaned and pressed just to make sure it was at least a 9.6 or better and it got a grade of 6.0 which tells me my book was damaged while at CGC. Been grading books for 25-30 years and I know obvious damage. 

So here is my recommendation to everyone scan every book you send out because if it has more damage than when you shipped it you have proof.

You're looking at a 6 month turnaround time for Moderns, I wouldn't expect hem back until some time in February