• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is THIS were the F.F. market is going?!?

79 posts in this topic

I'm sure most of you reading this post have seen this auction:

F.F. 33

With the F.F. movie a year away, is this a glimpse of what the high grade Fantastic Four market is going to look like in the future? At this rate, it will put the run-up on Spideys from 2000-2002 to shame!

$1,100 for a relatively insignificant mid number book that guides for $125 in 9.4? It doesn't even have White pages! confused.gif

Geez, maybe I should just be happy with my early mid-grade F.Fs, and leave the nicer books to the heavy hitters with all the deep pockets. grin.gif

If you didn't know, I am midgardserpent. I figured reserve was about $600 which I met. Then hth came along. An absolutely nutty bidder. He has bought a few other expensive books - way above going prices. Like an Avengers 18 9.4 which he paid $150 more for than the one still up at Metro. I have fun bidding against him because whatever you bid, he will bid more. So at this point I am trying to see if he will pay $1500 for this book worth maybe $800. So go ahead bid away with fear as no matter what you bid, he will bid again!

Damnit!!! Where was this guy when I listed my FF #35 CGC 9.4? I got $600 for it.

Whew..that's a relief....just two nutty bidders to worry about, not the beginnings of a market-wide trend. grin.gif

Seriously, $600-$800 is not totally unreasonable for this type of book. But then, all it takes is two people willing to outbid one another (and with the financial means to back it up) to drive prices through the roof. Of course, the benefit to that is that it tends to bring other similar books out of the woodwork.

F.F.s are, however, more scarce then their Spider-Man counterparts; and the supply will fall far short of the demand. I fully expect high-grade CGC copies to break new records right up until the movie release.

Ah..but who cares? The title to my car is a small price to pay for CGC perfection... grin.gif

Don't listen to clobberinmidgard--high grade early FFs are too expensive and overhyped and you should stay away from them. tongue.gifgrin.gif

F.F.s are, however, more scarce then their Spider-Man counterparts; and the supply will fall far short of the demand. I fully expect high-grade CGC copies to break new records right up until the movie release.
Exactly, exactly...no need for you to bid or watch any more FF auctions. smile.gif

FantasticFour..weren't you the lucky SOB who nailed that F.F. 52 9.6 with a BIN of $600 some time back?
I would answer your question and tell you who it was who won that comic, but that person fears reprisal from other board members who share your indignance over the winner's incredible luck. tongue.gifPlus...whoever that lucky SOB was...he won it for $750, not $600! blush.gif

That rat [!@#%^&^] (someone other than yourself, of course) just got very damn lucky.
I know!!! I talked to the guy, though, and he said it took him all of 3 seconds to make the decision, click the "buy-it-now" button, and confirm the bid. On the other hand, I pulled the trigger on an FF last night that took me considerably longer to think about--more like 5 to 10 minutes. A link to it is below; how did I do? It's not as much of a no-brainer as that other lucky FF 52 bastage got, but I thought it looked gorgeous.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2170248604&category=32731

%$ #$%$% %$#$#%#$%#%$#$#$%%#%$#%$#%$%$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's UNBELIEVABLE how mere seconds can haunt you. Your damn FF #52 is like a nightmare that won't die. mad.gif

So you have just become mr. buy it now snapping up all the good FF deals. well I hope hth gets hung around your neck like a big albatross next time - or JGreen! Good deal on the FF 76 - always loved that cover - the robot looks awesome and good Thing pic!

It is truly amazing how one or two individuals can skew the perception of value on a book at any given time. That is why book prices should really be observed over an extended period to get a true handle on value in the marketplace.