• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Friday pics now posted - Portland, OR - Rose City Comic-Con, Sept 10-12
1 1

47 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2021 at 1:05 PM, innocuous said:

Friday Night Meet and Greet

Throwing this out there for anyone interested. After the show on Friday, I'll head over to Produce Row Cafe. They have a large outdoor seating area, food and a great beer selection. My target time will be 8pm.

Anyone interested in meeting up? I'll bring whatever I acquire that day and maybe a couple of keys from home to show off.

FYI: I'm fully vaxxed, but will be wearing my mask as required.

I used to work diwn on produce row, Grazianos produce, I  think its gone now.

On 8/28/2021 at 6:08 PM, innocuous said:

You're planning the Pacific Northwest California Comic Convention? I hope the raffles are just as good as the California one.

I was hopping the Frankenstein show would happen once again, I even offered to help Andy and Tim put it on.

On 9/5/2021 at 8:39 PM, TerrysComics said:

I was hopping the Frankenstein show would happen once again, I even offered to help Andy and Tim put it on.

Will you be at Grit City in Tacoma, WA next month?  I know I've seen you at Jet City; this is the smaller version of that show they're doing this year.

Less than 2 days to go. I'll be there Friday. I'm planning to get there early for easy parking and to get some lunch. Maybe Spirit of 77 or Red Robin . . . start the drinking before the show. If anyone wants to join for lunch, let me know. I know Red Robin has outdoor seating and Spirit of 77 has huge garage doors to let air circulate in.

On 9/8/2021 at 8:27 PM, innocuous said:

Less than 2 days to go. I'll be there Friday. I'm planning to get there early for easy parking and to get some lunch. Maybe Spirit of 77 or Red Robin . . . start the drinking before the show. If anyone wants to join for lunch, let me know. I know Red Robin has outdoor seating and Spirit of 77 has huge garage doors to let air circulate in.

Hoping to get there on Friday as well, but still waiting on results from PCR test.

On 9/8/2021 at 8:27 PM, innocuous said:

i'm gonna go saturday- have fun tomorrow!

I attended the show for about 3 hours on Friday. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend Saturday or today (Sunday). 

Having attended all Rose City Comic-Cons since the first with the current promoter, maybe 6 years ago, this was definitely underwhelming. The attendance on Friday was extremely light. Aisles were wide open with a lot of space to move around. Good for Covid, bad for the dealers/exhibitors and the promoter.

I would say about 10-15% of booths were either exhibitor no-shows or were unsold booths. A lot of empty space.

I purchased low grades Showcase 15 and 34, first Space Ranger and Atom, from Dan at Atlantis comics.

I only took wall pictures. Coming up after this picture of the queue to get in 10 mins before the show opened.

RCCC-01.thumb.jpg.c8aa2f12c0c6621d80dbfd39bf2b186f.jpg