• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WEREWOLF BY NIGHT starring Gael Garcia Bernal (2022)
5 5

182 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2022 at 6:10 AM, Bosco685 said:

I guess that is the go-forward approach: comedy.

i saw this before i saw the trailer, and the trailer definitely looks very campy, like someone recently watched the grindhouse films from Rodriguez/Tarantino and said, yeah let's do something like that but funnier

On 9/14/2022 at 6:02 AM, Larryw7 said:

I give up. I guess the Blade movie will be two hours of hilarity and hijinx.

Going to be next to impossible to top Snipes as Blade. One actor made that role iconic. Snipes owned it. The slow walk in scene and then the smile.. it doesn’t get any more badass than that. I had high hopes for the MCU’s version of Blade but then there was.. you know. Phase 4. 

My advice would be to go in a completely different direction and really hit the source material. Wolfman and Colan. Give us a 70’s Grindhouse epic horror mash-up of Vincent Price and Rob Zombie. 

C744F692-86FA-4F2E-9E9C-DC6BF32EAA9C.gif

Speaking to Screen Rant at D23, Giacchino talked about the forthcoming Werewolf By Night special and detailed Feige's disbelief upon hearing the idea. Though Giacchino is grateful that Feige let him direct a project for Disney+, the composer explained how Feige's enthusiasm for the project followed a baffled, appalled reaction. Read the exclusive excerpt below:

"It was funny because [Kevin Feige] was talking to me and said, 'So what would you want to do?' And I was like, 'I want to do Werewolf by Night.' And he looked at me like, 'Really? Like really? Werewolf-' I'm like, 'Yeah, that's what I want.' He was like, 'Wow. Okay, alright. Let's talk about that.' And the conversation just kept going, and going, and going, and then, and here we are now."

Feige at the craft services tables. Enter food runner-intern.

FRI: Morning, Mr Feige. Can I get you a Danish?

Feige: Sure! So, listen. What would you want to do?

FRI: For D+?

Feige: Yep! 

FRI: Paste Pot Pete! 

Feige: Wow. I'm in disbelief. Let's discuss! 

The release of Marvel's Werewolf by Night is now under two weeks away. The project is the studio's first-ever holiday special, a one-shot that's longer than a single episode of Disney+ programming, and shorter than a feature-length film. While it's long been thought the special would hover right around an hour because of the reported format, the runtime for the project has reportedly surfaced online confirming the speculation.

According to a tweet by @BigScreenLeaks, the Halloween special clocks in at just over 52 minutes.

The special marks the first time Michael Giacchino, a long-time Hollywood composer, directed something more than a shortfilm. The filmmaker pulled double duty on the project, serving both as director while simultaneously scoring the special.

Hours after Marvel officially unveiled Werewolf by Night at D23, Disney+ added a page for the holiday special on its platform. At the time, the streamer had the hour-long project listed as a "Comedy." As of Sunday, that genre has changed. On the same page, Comedy is no longer listed and instead, "Horror, Fantasy, Super Hero, and Action-Adventure" are posted.

During the special's announcement earlier this month, Marvel boss Kevin Feige suggested the special would dive in headfirst into the world of horror. "It's a little darker, a little scarier," the Marvel mainstay said (via Marvel's Agent M). "But it's still fun."

Given that Werewolf by Night and Elsa Bloodstone have both been pillars of the horror corner of the Marvel Universe, it makes the perfect sense for the special float that route as well.