• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WEREWOLF BY NIGHT starring Gael Garcia Bernal (2022)
5 5

182 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2022 at 6:02 PM, D84 said:

As someone who loves old horror movies, I hope this is fun. 🤞

A short runtime is a plus for me. Getting a little sick of 2 1/2 hour plus movies.

Grace does not later in the show it isn't as strong as the beginning. But that is not the average reviews being posted by credible reviewers.

So I hope she was just being her regular self to stand out from the pack. And go stick her head in the toilet.

On 10/4/2022 at 5:11 PM, Bosco685 said:

Grace does not later in the show it isn't as strong as the beginning. But that is not the average reviews being posted by credible reviewers.

So I hope she was just being her regular self to stand out from the pack. And go stick her head in the toilet.

I stopped watching her years ago.

That was cool to watch. It was kinda great seeing Teddy “Man-Thing” Sallis finally arrive in the MCU. However, overall, for me, WWBN was good not great. I’ll settle for good.

I thought overall the Special was maybe a little too much style over substance. I get the style was important, but I would’ve liked to have seen a little more at stake. Being that this is a show about a werewolf, I would’ve liked to have seen a little more danger from that aspect of it,  I would’ve liked an actual lean towards “horror.” For instance, when Jack is transforming and Elsa is cowering in fear, even though it was cool visually,  I never really felt a sense of danger or desperation for Elsa. We all knew she’d be okay. The relationship between Jack and Teddy felt a little like Rocket and Groot. Overall, it felt less like a horror special and more like a super-hero monster special with clearly defined hero and villain roles. Which is fine. It’s Marvel Comics. I would’ve just really preferred more substantial horror from our monsters. 

Also I noticed that Michael Giacchino’s Werewolf score seems to be a reworking of his score to the underrated John Carter movie.

I really enjoyed this too! I thought the intro showing the heros then explaining that there’s a darker side to the MCU was a cool introduction to the  newer fans that only know the movies. The show was serious where it needed to be and light hearted in spurts. My only critique would be that maybe they made Manny a little too human. I get that it makes it easier for interaction between characters, but the MT I read in the comics was more enigmatic without a sad and pouty face when he gets scolded. Highlights for me were the “fear burns at the Man-Thing’s touch” effects and the transformation scene! Hope this isn’t a one off and we see more!