• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official King Spawn Appreciation Thread
1 1

142 posts in this topic

I'm a little curious about the wording of the COA for the signed submission. It says that if you want it to get the yellow label certified it has to be submitted with in 30 days... does that really mean that if two months from now I send it in, they will just reject it or not give it the cert sig? Seems kinda weird to put a time limit on it like that if the COA is is proof positive that a CGC witness was there for the signing. Any one know more about that?

On 8/29/2021 at 1:48 PM, Masakari Prime said:

Oh, thank you for the info!

They sold it to me for €250. It's not cover price but it's not bad.

That sounds like a great deal from your shop.  Kudos to them for giving you a good deal.

On 8/28/2021 at 3:27 AM, Crops068 said:

my take is that it was quite gritty and violent (which I do enjoy).

I haven’t read Spawn for years… but this sounds right up my alley. I think I might have to get back into this!!

Edit: searching “King Spawn” on eBay really does return a LOT of mushrooms.

Edited by Arkham

I've been on the Spawn train for a long time. I've been collecting the main title, all covers all printings and have continued to do the same with the spin-offs. For me it's better to buy Spawn at retail vs resale (even for a large est print run). That said, I no longer chase the retailer incentives - managing my FOMO by trying to be happy with what I can find locally with my subscription service. Thankfully I'm not into SS books so that helped with King Spawn 1

It's a great time to be a Spawn collector ... long live the King! 

Screenshot_20210901-080026_Instagram.jpg.2a97dc290c9fa77f5699e2a3db9961e3.jpg

Ps. I wanted the gold Spawn's Universe 1 that came free with $50 worth of McFarlane toys but there wasn't $50 worth of Spawn on the website that I didn't already have. So I grudgingly passed on that one (that said the deal is still going and restocks have occurred). However, I did pick up the 2nd print of that book. IMO Reprints are the poor man's incentives when it comes to Spawn. 

Edited by oldmilwaukee6er
Spawn50 code still going

On 8/28/2021 at 4:35 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

So I've not had time to read my copies of KS1 just yet but while I know there are numerous returning character appearances in this issue does anyone who knows the recent storyline of Spawn better than me see any first appearances in this first issue? 

No firsts that I've seen but Haunt is being introduced into King Spawn so that is pretty cool 😎

On 9/1/2021 at 10:16 AM, Masakari Prime said:

Yeah, they are awesome. Been buying comics from them since 2018 and they've always treated me super well, they know I'm their "Spawn guy"!

That is absolutely how a shop should be and when they are your home instead of just another LCS. <3

On 8/30/2021 at 10:10 AM, ahuraprajna said:

I'm a little curious about the wording of the COA for the signed submission. It says that if you want it to get the yellow label certified it has to be submitted with in 30 days... does that really mean that if two months from now I send it in, they will just reject it or not give it the cert sig? Seems kinda weird to put a time limit on it like that if the COA is is proof positive that a CGC witness was there for the signing. Any one know more about that?

Leaves more time to develop a good fake of one or the other or both.

On 9/1/2021 at 11:54 AM, ygogolak said:
On 8/30/2021 at 9:10 AM, ahuraprajna said:

Leaves more time to develop a good fake of one or the other or both.

They did the 30 day thing for Ruby Lucille WD 100 signed blind bags too I believe? 

CGC is huge about chain of custody, the longer it is out of the their "hands" the more likely (and not saying it is happening but the risk is there) nefarious deeds are being conducted.  So set a time limit, those that are intending to submit for a Sig Series label will abide by that time limit, as we are seeing those results already.

Spoiler

Condolences to whomever is the owner of that 8.5......

To clarify this is really meant as a reply to ahuraprajna not ygogolak. :)

Edited by Crops068
clarification

I have 7 variants of King Spawn #1 and I'm in search of the black and white #1. Gunslinger Spawn #1 I'm already waiting for all variants. like previous people have said the figure incentive on the McFarlane website...you cant freaking get any damn figures....and they have been backordered for some time. I have always collected all the variants of all the series but that's just me. Between McFarlane and Jim Lee the art is and has always been phenom since the 90s.

Looking forward to seeing the CGC census update progressively on this over the next few weeks!  I wonder if the 30 day deadline will be a firm deadline from 8/25 release time (if so there are only three weeks to go on that).  Either way, am curious to see how many make the 9.8 grade, how many go higher/lower, and how many miss the deadline or get the qualified status. :popcorn:  This will be fun to track for sure!!!  Does the census update again tomorrow?  See below for what is still late most current census info for KS1!

:ph34r: Ryan

Title King Spawn
Issue No. 1
Issue Date 8/21
Year 2021
Publisher Image Comics
Country  
Key Comments "Virgin" cover.
Art Comments Sean Lewis & Todd McFarlane story, Fernandez, Segovia, Takara, Tan & Booth, art, Todd McFarlane cover
Country/Variant - Variant Cover I
  Grade Universal Qualified Signature Series Restored
See Detail
  Total
Mint   10.0 0  0 0 0   0
Mint   9.9 0  0 0 0   0
Near Mint/Mint   9.8 0  0 49 0   49
Near Mint +   9.6 0  0 5 0   5
Near Mint   9.4 0  0 3 0   3
Near Mint -   9.2 0  0 0 0   0
Very Fine/Near Mint   9.0 0  0 0 0   0
Very Fine +   8.5 0  0 1 0   1
Very Fine   8.0 0  0 0 0   0
Very Fine -   7.5 0  0 0 0   0
Fine/Very Fine   7.0 0  0 0 0   0
Fine +   6.5 0  0 0 0   0
Fine   6.0 0  0 0 0   0
Fine -   5.5 0  0 0 0   0
Very Good/Fine   5.0 0  0 0 0   0
Very Good +   4.5 0  0 0 0   0
Very Good   4.0 0  0 0 0   0
Very Good -   3.5 0  0 0 0   0
Good/Very Good   3.0 0  0 0 0   0
Good +   2.5 0  0 0 0   0
Good   2.0 0  0 0 0   0
Good -   1.8 0  0 0 0   0
Fair/Good   1.5 0  0 0 0   0
Fair   1.0 0  0 0 0   0
Poor   0.5 0  0 0 0   0
../images/pc_reddot.gif
  Total 0 0 58 0   58
Search again

On 9/6/2021 at 12:35 PM, Erndog said:

Do we know the ratios/incentives for Gunslinger spawn yet?

Like, is there a signed 1:250 also?  Doubtful but do we know of anything yet?

I'd be interested to know this - do you know when it's due to be released?  Pre-order info, anyway?

Edit: NVM just googled and saw it was due out first week of October. Hopefully we'll hear something very soon about any exclusives like a 1:250 signing and such!

Edited by Sensei Ryan

On 9/6/2021 at 1:20 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

I'd be interested to know this - do you know when it's due to be released?  Pre-order info, anyway?

Edit: NVM just googled and saw it was due out first week of October. Hopefully we'll hear something very soon about any exclusives like a 1:250 signing and such!

Yeah, off the top of my head I believe it's like October 5th... so we should be hearing some news, like, now, if there are any incentives.  

On 9/7/2021 at 4:48 AM, fastballspecial said:

I am not sure all these Spawn titles are sustainable. I would think he would have been
better to spread these out farther and introduce each new character in the previous title.

Probably not, I still respect he's trying to do it. And even if 10 years from now only Spawn and another one of the books remains, he will have doubled his ongoing titles.

They have been introducing the characters since #300, but it's been a bit all over the place lately, each book has to find it's voice and it remains to be seen how intertwined the entire line will be.

On 9/6/2021 at 9:48 PM, fastballspecial said:

I am not sure all these Spawn titles are sustainable. I would think he would have been
better to spread these out farther and introduce each new character in the previous title.

Agreed.  It reminds me of when he had a bunch of Spawn-esque titles at the beginning.  Only hope is these are more cohesively intertwined.  

Patrick