• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official King Spawn Appreciation Thread
1 1

142 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2021 at 1:19 PM, Erndog said:

Probably right.  

My guess would be the next one, The Scorched, will have the lowest print run yet.

I really am surprised Gunslinger didnt have more than King Spawn.  Good for us.

Agreed re Scorched. What may hurt it though is that it is basically and Avengers/JLA Spawn play. No new characters, just a cra ppy team-up book. That being said, if they do a GS Spawn variant to every issue they will have one cover that sells. 😂

FWIW, the first app of Team Scorched was just a few months ago in Spawn #314. That may be the way to play it.

Edited by kimik

On 10/10/2021 at 12:22 PM, kimik said:

Agreed re Scorched. What may hurt it though is that it is basically and Avengers/JLA Spawn play. No new characters, just a cra ppy team-up book. That being said, if they do a GS Spawn variant to every issue they will have one cover that sells. 😂

FWIW, the first app of Team Scorched was just a few months ago in Spawn #314. That may be the way to play it.

Interesting thoughts regarding 314.  You can still find that on some hobby store shelves I'm sure.  

I would also say that's probably the least likely book to still be around a few years from now but who really knows.  If they start popping in first appearances all the time it would probably work.

Todd just showed copy 1191 of 1191 and he made a remark on it.  He also mentioned hes going to do a handful of like blue and green ink sigs (think he mentioned 5 each) as like chase versions.  I didnt really take notice but did he do this for King Spawn as well?

New update yesterday!  152 more 9.8's (16  or 17 whatever # of the new SS 9.8's were converted from those incorrect blue label universal 9.8's - confirmed as a mistake by CGC apparently based on what I read on one of the many Facebook discussions I've seen on this).  Check out the new update after the last 2 weeks (no idea why last week there was no update but it's just a slight increase).  Still, 715 9.8's out of those near 1700 signed copies is still way lower than I expected at this point.  I'm sure some are still backlogged by CCS but who knows...maybe those were bumped to the front of the line but that's just me speculating.  Either way, I bet we end up under 1,000 yellow label 9.8's by the time it's done based on this slow roll of #'s trickling in.

Sidenote - does anyone know if CGC is now turning the submissions past the 30 day threshold into green labels or did they back off that stipulation?

Country/Variant - Variant Cover I
  Grade Universal Qualified Signature Series Restored
See Detail
  Total
Mint   10.0 0  0 0 0   0
Mint   9.9 0  0 0 0   0
Near Mint/Mint   9.8 0  0 715 0   715
Near Mint +   9.6 0  0 82 0   82
Near Mint   9.4 0  0 28 0   28
Near Mint -   9.2 0  0 9 0   9
Very Fine/Near Mint   9.0 0  0 1 0   1
Very Fine +   8.5 0  0 3 0   3
Very Fine   8.0 0  0 0 0   0
Very Fine -   7.5 0  0 0 0   0
Fine/Very Fine   7.0 0  0 0 0   0
Fine +   6.5 0  0 0 0   0
Fine   6.0 0  0 0 0   0
Fine -   5.5 0  0 0 0   0
Very Good/Fine   5.0 0  0 0 0   0
Very Good +   4.5 0  0 0 0   0
Very Good   4.0 0  0 0 0   0
Very Good -   3.5 0  0 0 0   0
Good/Very Good   3.0 0  0 0 0   0
Good +   2.5 0  0 0 0   0
Good   2.0 0  0 0 0   0
Good -   1.8 0  0 0 0   0
Fair/Good   1.5 0  0 0 0   0
Fair   1.0 0  0 0 0   0
Poor   0.5 0  0 0 0   0
../images/pc_reddot.gif
  Total 0 0 838 0   838

On 10/13/2021 at 10:50 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Sidenote - does anyone know if CGC is now turning the submissions past the 30 day threshold into green labels or did they back off that stipulation?

I missed the deadline and reached out to CGC to see what they could do. They stated that "you can still submit the book for grading, but please be advised it will receive our Green Qualified label, and not our Yellow Signature Series Designated Label"

As someone new to submitting to CGC I waited far to long to find the time to learn how to submit properly, and missed the boat. I'm now concerned that the value of my raw copy is going to nose dive, but am also concerned that the green label won't be worth getting as well. Looking for the communities advice on this regarding what I should do with it.

On 10/14/2021 at 9:44 AM, riusi said:

I missed the deadline and reached out to CGC to see what they could do. They stated that "you can still submit the book for grading, but please be advised it will receive our Green Qualified label, and not our Yellow Signature Series Designated Label"

As someone new to submitting to CGC I waited far to long to find the time to learn how to submit properly, and missed the boat. I'm now concerned that the value of my raw copy is going to nose dive, but am also concerned that the green label won't be worth getting as well. Looking for the communities advice on this regarding what I should do with it.

I'm so sorry to hear that :( To be honest I still think it'd be good to get it graded because at least it would or could get an official 9.8 grade as opposed to just being sold as-is raw.  Even without the yellow label I think the grade helps 2c

Easy. Either keep your raw copy as is and be content. Or sell it and buy a cgc 9.8 and be more content. I do disagree with Sensei about paying to get it green labeled. No offense Sensei. 

Edited by Professor K

While I'm here I figured I's ask about Gunslinger Spawn. Rather than start a new thread, besides the top experts on the board should be right here. 

Spawn issues featuring Gunslinger covers? Spawn 174,175, 306 D, 309 1st,2nd,3rd prints, 310, 311 C, 312 C, and Spawns Universe Campbell variant. Am I missing any on this list? Thanks

Edited by Professor K

Personally, I'd be totally fine sticking it in a nice mylar and keeping it raw.

In fact, I'm leaning that way for the Gunslinger one.  I dont ever plan to sell it though... and even if you do you can claim there are less raw copies than graded lol

On 10/15/2021 at 12:26 AM, Professor K said:

While I'm here I figured I's ask about Gunslinger Spawn. Rather than start a new thread, besides the top experts on the board should be right here. 

Spawn issues featuring Gunslinger covers? Spawn 174,175, 306 D, 309 1st,2nd,3rd prints, 310, 311 C, 312 C, and Spawns Universe Campbell variant. Am I missing any on this list? Thanks

Cameo 119 (non-cover), cover appearance on the Opena cover for 300

Census update!

Looks like we gained 38 more 9.8's to put us up to just a little over half of the overall total books making the 9.8 grade so far!  Also important to note that so far there are no qualified green labels on the census (yet).  Lastly, 127 of the overall 876 graded so far did NOT make the 9.8 grade. I'm excited to see what the future weeks hold in store for the census update on this book.  I'm willing to bet that the 9.8 totals don't go past the 1,000 mark and if that's the case that makes the yellow label 9.8 books pretty special (at least in my opinion). 2c

Country/Variant - Variant Cover I
  Grade Universal Qualified Signature Series Restored
See Detail
  Total
Mint   10.0 0  0 0 0   0
Mint   9.9 0  0 0 0   0
Near Mint/Mint   9.8 0  0 749 0   749
Near Mint +   9.6 0  0 86 0   86
Near Mint   9.4 0  0 28 0   28
Near Mint -   9.2 0  0 9 0   9
Very Fine/Near Mint   9.0 0  0 1 0   1
Very Fine +   8.5 0  0 3 0   3
Very Fine   8.0 0  0 0 0   0
Very Fine -   7.5 0  0 0 0   0
Fine/Very Fine   7.0 0  0 0 0   0
Fine +   6.5 0  0 0 0   0
Fine   6.0 0  0 0 0   0
Fine -   5.5 0  0 0 0   0
Very Good/Fine   5.0 0  0 0 0   0
Very Good +   4.5 0  0 0 0   0
Very Good   4.0 0  0 0 0   0
Very Good -   3.5 0  0 0 0   0
Good/Very Good   3.0 0  0 0 0   0
Good +   2.5 0  0 0 0   0
Good   2.0 0  0 0 0   0
Good -   1.8 0  0 0 0   0
Fair/Good   1.5 0  0 0 0   0
Fair   1.0 0  0 0 0   0
Poor   0.5 0  0 0 0   0
pc_reddot.gif
  Total 0 0 876 0   876

On 10/19/2021 at 8:54 PM, Erndog said:

Todd just announced that Gunslinger is delayed a week... wont be coming out tomorrow.  Looks like next Thursday. 

I meant Wednesday 

No idea why I typed Thursday lol

On 10/19/2021 at 8:54 PM, Erndog said:

Todd just announced that Gunslinger is delayed a week... wont be coming out tomorrow.  Looks like next Thursday. 

My local shop had them on the shelves on the 19th. Its a pretty big shop. Was there today and its still loaded. I bought one of each other than the Capullo 1:50 and the the 1:250. 

On 10/21/2021 at 2:45 AM, kimik said:

Looks like most of the GS Spawn 1 1:250s have a mid spine crease based on pictures I have seen circulating from LCS owners. :cry:

I saw one on e bay where they noted "two ticks" on the spine near the numbering. Maybe it is a thing.

Edited by Professor K

On 10/24/2021 at 2:39 PM, Parabellum said:

Saw this at Baltimore comic con today.  Pulled the trigger cause of the old school red label and also why not have a 9.8 copy of Spawn 1 in your collection.

Y

It doesn't take fightin' hmm to kill white lightinin' :tink: AC/DC You have a drink!

That's a worthy pick up :)