• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My cards have the name "INELIGIBLE TYPE/RESEARCH MODE". What can I do?

7 posts in this topic

Hi, first time grader here. I was pretty happy to see my cards entering the "Scheduled for Grading" stage but I soon discovered that a few of my cards sent for grading were identified as "INELIGIBLE TYPE/RESEARCH MODE". Those cards are some Chinese version of alt art eevee V from Chinese eevee hero set. However, some Chinese version alt art eevee VMAX are identified as corresponding Japanese version of the card. It there any chance of a card marked as "INELIGIBLE TYPE/RESEARCH MODE" being graded? Will those card being charged/slabbed? 

On 8/27/2021 at 1:40 PM, Jonathanhsu said:

Hi, first time grader here. I was pretty happy to see my cards entering the "Scheduled for Grading" stage but I soon discovered that a few of my cards sent for grading were identified as "INELIGIBLE TYPE/RESEARCH MODE". Those cards are some Chinese version of alt art eevee V from Chinese eevee hero set. However, some Chinese version alt art eevee VMAX are identified as corresponding Japanese version of the card. It there any chance of a card marked as "INELIGIBLE TYPE/RESEARCH MODE" being graded? Will those card being charged/slabbed? 

Did you look before you sent them in to see if they grade those Chinese cards?

On 8/28/2021 at 6:46 AM, Oreos said:

They dont grade chinese. Says it in a few diff places before submitting. :/

On 8/28/2021 at 2:39 AM, Ron Churches said:

Did you look before you sent them in to see if they grade those Chinese cards?

They indeed grades Chinese cards but I'm not sure which set is valid for grading and that makes me really confuse because they grades the corresponding Japanese Pokemon cards for each Chinese set. The most confusing part to me is that the Chinese and Japanese cards are from the same factory, how can they don't grade Chinese one?:frown:

On 8/27/2021 at 8:33 PM, Jonathanhsu said:

Okay, I guess after couple of months, I will figure out whether these card can be graded by CGC. They are valid cards for sure.

I have about 175 cards in four different submissions. This popped up as they hit SFG and eventually worked out for two of the submissions once they finished grading and shipped fwiw....

Edited by CHASEnBLUE